Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Chains Defunct in One Region Only to be Alive and Well in Others

<< < (25/25)

adventurernumber1:

--- Quote from: Takumi on October 04, 2022, 11:45:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: abefroman329 on October 04, 2022, 11:24:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: Takumi on September 23, 2022, 12:48:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on September 23, 2022, 11:12:18 AM ---I've been trying to think of what the best big chain pizza would be.  I remember when Little Caesar's was edible back in the 1980s/1990s.  Too bad they went kaput in terms of quality.

--- End quote ---

Mellow Mushroom and itís not close.

--- End quote ---
I loved MM when I lived in Georgia, but the pizza at the location in Adams Morgan in DC bordered on inedible, and the location I went to in Phoenix was nothing to write home about.

--- End quote ---
Thatís a shame. There are three in Richmond, and Iíve had consistently good food and drink every time Iíve gone to any of them. But theyíre also the only three Iíve been to.

--- End quote ---

Mellow Mushroom is a strong contender for best chain pizza restaurant IMO. I've never had a bad experience there, but my experience has indeed been with restaurants in the Southeast (such as Georgia and Tennessee), so I can't speak for the locations in states farther away. But I love the food there, it's definitely in a higher league than the main popular chains, although I enjoy those as well.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on October 05, 2022, 03:32:26 PM ---Noticed yesterday: A new Popeye's in Winchester, Ky. Within spittin' distance of where the old one was that closed years ago.

--- End quote ---
When I was down there for the solar eclipse, Winchester was a food desert.  Frisch's was really the only option. :D

Avalanchez71:

--- Quote from: adventurernumber1 on October 05, 2022, 07:46:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Takumi on October 04, 2022, 11:45:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: abefroman329 on October 04, 2022, 11:24:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: Takumi on September 23, 2022, 12:48:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on September 23, 2022, 11:12:18 AM ---I've been trying to think of what the best big chain pizza would be.  I remember when Little Caesar's was edible back in the 1980s/1990s.  Too bad they went kaput in terms of quality.

--- End quote ---

Mellow Mushroom and itís not close.

--- End quote ---
I loved MM when I lived in Georgia, but the pizza at the location in Adams Morgan in DC bordered on inedible, and the location I went to in Phoenix was nothing to write home about.

--- End quote ---
Thatís a shame. There are three in Richmond, and Iíve had consistently good food and drink every time Iíve gone to any of them. But theyíre also the only three Iíve been to.

--- End quote ---

Mellow Mushroom is a strong contender for best chain pizza restaurant IMO. I've never had a bad experience there, but my experience has indeed been with restaurants in the Southeast (such as Georgia and Tennessee), so I can't speak for the locations in states farther away. But I love the food there, it's definitely in a higher league than the main popular chains, although I enjoy those as well.

--- End quote ---

I will also say that Mellow Mushroom is good in the Southeast as well.  Same experience with locations in Tennessee and Georgia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version