News:

See the Forum Status page for any planned Forum maintenance or alerts on Forum outages.

Main Menu

Why are the Child Boards called the Child Boards?

Started by A.J. Bertin, February 07, 2013, 12:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.J. Bertin

I've discovered this recently and wondered why those boards are in a separate category.
-A.J. from Michigan


formulanone

I suppose it's because the AARoads Shield Gallery is a subset of the "Photos, Videos, and More" sub-forum. Or how Sports is a part of the Off-Topic forum (the "parent" forum to it).

I dunno, computing terminology likes that kid of hierarchical structure.

agentsteel53

'child board' is a term of the forum software itself.  it has nothing to do with biological offspring, and is indeed a term to represent hierarchy.  a sub-board is the 'child' of a 'parent' board.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

It's because you can't touch them until they turn 18.

Dr Frankenstein