News:

The server restarts at 2 AM daily. This results in a short period of downtime, so if you get a 502 error at that time, that is why.

Main Menu

Daily conversation: What is the worst possible answer?

Started by kphoger, July 17, 2025, 10:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big John

Quote from: kphoger on September 04, 2026, 10:12:57 AM04 SEP 2026

What is a Super-2, really?
2 roads parallel and adjacent to each other, such as I-294 & I-290 west of Chicago.


I-57/Route 66 Fan

Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

xonhulu

Quote from: kphoger on September 04, 2026, 10:12:57 AM04 SEP 2026

What is a Super-2, really?

Krypton Highway 2, if you drive it under a yellow sun.

vdeane

Quote from: kphoger on September 04, 2026, 10:12:57 AM04 SEP 2026

What is a Super-2, really?
A two lane road that puts on a cape and fights crime.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kphoger

Quote from: vdeane on September 04, 2026, 02:08:06 PMA two lane road that puts on a cape and fights crime.

So, like, Flock cameras along US-6 near Provincetown?

Oh, wait, I think I got some of your words mixed up.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 04, 2026, 11:30:01 AMWhen you have digestive problems while on a road trip and necessity requires you pull over immediately.

That one made me laugh.

And bonus points for its being about poo.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kurumi

Quote from: kphoger on September 04, 2026, 10:12:57 AM04 SEP 2026

What is a Super-2, really?

Don't know exactly, but Tim Brown says it's really cool, and I trust him
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

BlueSky: https://bsky.app/profile/therealkurumi.bsky.social

Declan127

Imma New Yoikah, fuggedaboudit!

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

I-57/Route 66 Fan

9/5/26
Why is/isn't I-57/Route 66 Fan a bot? (One answer for each)
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

Max Rockatansky

#5735
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 08:37:03 PM9/5/26
Why is/isn't I-57/Route 66 Fan a bot? (One answer for each)

Flock Safety says so.

xonhulu

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 08:37:03 PM9/5/26
Why is/isn't I-57/Route 66 Fan a bot? (One answer for each)

Is: It thinks I-57 and Route 66 are the same, the type of error AI would make.

Isn't: It asked this question, showing a level of self-awareness unlikely in a bot.

Conclusion: bot

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: xonhulu on September 05, 2026, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 08:37:03 PM9/5/26
Why is/isn't I-57/Route 66 Fan a bot? (One answer for each)

Is: It thinks I-57 and Route 66 are the same, the type of error AI would make.

Isn't: It asked this question, showing a level of self-awareness unlikely in a bot.

Conclusion: bot
Not a bot, just posing as one
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: xonhulu on September 05, 2026, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 08:37:03 PM9/5/26
Why is/isn't I-57/Route 66 Fan a bot? (One answer for each)

Is: It thinks I-57 and Route 66 are the same, the type of error AI would make.

Isn't: It asked this question, showing a level of self-awareness unlikely in a bot.

Conclusion: bot
I-57 & Route 66 are not the same, heck they don't even meet, I just put a / instead of a &, There is no and in my name anyway
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

Scott5114

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 08:37:03 PM9/5/26
Why is/isn't I-57/Route 66 Fan a bot? (One answer for each)

I-57 is not a bot. It's an Interstate highway.

Route 66 Fan is a bot. It automatically rotates a set of blades around a central hub to move air.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

xonhulu

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 11:18:38 PM
Quote from: xonhulu on September 05, 2026, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 08:37:03 PM9/5/26
Why is/isn't I-57/Route 66 Fan a bot? (One answer for each)

Is: It thinks I-57 and Route 66 are the same, the type of error AI would make.

Isn't: It asked this question, showing a level of self-awareness unlikely in a bot.

Conclusion: bot
I-57 & Route 66 are not the same, heck they don't even meet, I just put a / instead of a &, There is no and in my name anyway

So it's a bad answer? Silly me, how could I possibly think that was the point of Daily Conversation: What is the worst possible answer?

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

GaryV

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?

Because if they were octagonal, vehicles would stop every couple of Km, totally defeating the purpose.

MikeTheActuary

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?

If they were round, they'd roll right off the sign.

NE2

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?
To reference Malaysian immigration. Cracker Barrel was not so successful.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

The_Ginger

"A beltway? What in the world is that?"

He/him pronouns, please.
Travel Mapping · TM Rail · TM Air · Counties

1995hoo

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?

By using something described with the word "hexagonal," the Germans figured they'd give CONCACAF an idea for how to structure the final round of World Cup qualifying until the tournament expanded to 48 teams.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Declan127

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?

Because they too are owned by the Los Angeles Dodgers
Imma New Yoikah, fuggedaboudit!

Big John

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?
So they would put a hex on the drivers.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?

Hexagons are known to be the most efficient shape in 2D space. https://askdruniverse.wsu.edu/2015/11/02/why-do-bees-make-hexagons/
Quote from: linked articleThe geometry of this shape uses the least amount of material to hold the most weight
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 50
MA 35, 40, 53, 63, 79, 109, 126, 138, 141, 151
NH 78, 111A(E); CA 90; NY 40, 366; CT 193, 320; VT 2A, 5A; ME 11, 17, 172; PA 3, 51, 60; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; WA 202; QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 36