News:

The server restarts at 2 AM daily. This results in a short period of downtime, so if you get a 502 error at that time, that is why.

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big John



kphoger

Quote from: kenarmy on September 09, 2026, 04:20:22 PMFurthermore, are there instances of special routes existing nowhere near the parent due to a reroute or truncation?

Sedan, KS.  Special route US-166 Business is nowhere near the parent US-66 due to a 100% truncation.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Are there any politicians on this forum?
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

hotdogPi

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 10, 2026, 07:36:02 AMAre there any politicians on this forum?

Avalanchez71 says that he was on a city council for one term.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 50
MA 35, 40, 53, 63, 79, 109, 126, 138, 141, 151
NH 78, 111A(E); CA 90; NY 40, 366; CT 193, 320; VT 2A, 5A; ME 11, 17, 172; PA 3, 51, 60; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; WA 202; QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 36

kenarmy

I meant special route as in like business, alternate, and truck. I started to say auxiliary but that could be taken as branch.
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)


EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kenarmy on September 10, 2026, 12:33:46 PMI meant special route as in like business, alternate, and truck. I started to say auxiliary but that could be taken as branch.

When US 99 was deleted in California all the bannered Business Routes were retained in State Highway form.  A good example of that is CA 99 in Bakersfield which partially follows CA 204.

Molandfreak

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 10, 2026, 01:11:28 PM
Quote from: kenarmy on September 10, 2026, 12:33:46 PMI meant special route as in like business, alternate, and truck. I started to say auxiliary but that could be taken as branch.

When US 99 was deleted in California all the bannered Business Routes were retained in State Highway form.  A good example of that is CA 99 in Bakersfield which partially follows CA 204.
Are any of them actually signed from mainline 99?

Inclusive infrastructure advocate

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of Morrison County, its cities and townships, or affiliated organizations.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Molandfreak on September 10, 2026, 02:31:08 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 10, 2026, 01:11:28 PM
Quote from: kenarmy on September 10, 2026, 12:33:46 PMI meant special route as in like business, alternate, and truck. I started to say auxiliary but that could be taken as branch.

When US 99 was deleted in California all the bannered Business Routes were retained in State Highway form.  A good example of that is CA 99 in Bakersfield which partially follows CA 204.
Are any of them actually signed from mainline 99?

Sometimes.  There is some very sparse remaining signage for the business route through Fowler from northbound 99 near me.

kkt

Quote from: formulanone on August 24, 2026, 02:19:21 PMand while you may not like the person in seat 23B that just opened a tin of King Roland sardines at 34000 feet, 

I'd want to know how they got the tin through security.  And I'd be concerned about flying at 34,000 feet, if it was level cruising.

Rothman

Quote from: kkt on September 11, 2026, 02:58:03 AM
Quote from: formulanone on August 24, 2026, 02:19:21 PMand while you may not like the person in seat 23B that just opened a tin of King Roland sardines at 34000 feet, 

I'd want to know how they got the tin through security.  And I'd be concerned about flying at 34,000 feet, if it was level cruising.

Not sure why security wouldn't let the tin through and cruising at 34,000 feet doesn't seem that unusual for a commercial flight.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

What do the yellow dots on the level banner mean? And why they sometimes yellow, and sometimes grey?
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

JayhawkCO

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 10, 2026, 07:36:02 AMAre there any politicians on this forum?

I was class president in 5th grade.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

kphoger

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 11:03:16 AMDoes that count?

Does it?  You're the one who asked the question to begin with.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: kphoger on September 11, 2026, 11:04:59 AM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 11:03:16 AMDoes that count?

Does it?  You're the one who asked the question to begin with.
Is that really politics though?
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

JayhawkCO

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 11:03:16 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 11, 2026, 11:01:31 AM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 10, 2026, 07:36:02 AMAre there any politicians on this forum?

I was class president in 5th grade.
Does that count?

I think I bribed a kid to vote for me with a piece of candy, so it was a good learning lesson for my future career in politics.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 11, 2026, 11:33:08 AM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 11:03:16 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 11, 2026, 11:01:31 AM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 10, 2026, 07:36:02 AMAre there any politicians on this forum?

I was class president in 5th grade.
Does that count?

I think I bribed a kid to vote for me with a piece of candy, so it was a good learning lesson for my future career in politics.
You have a good point there, you are a typical politician.
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

kphoger

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 11, 2026, 11:33:08 AMI think I bribed a kid to vote for me with a piece of candy, so it was a good learning lesson for my future career in politics.
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 11:38:07 AMYou have a good point there, you are a typical politician.

Politicians don't typically bribe children to vote for them with a piece of candy.

They probably should, though.  Or maybe doughnuts.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on September 11, 2026, 11:45:23 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 11, 2026, 11:33:08 AMI think I bribed a kid to vote for me with a piece of candy, so it was a good learning lesson for my future career in politics.
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 11:38:07 AMYou have a good point there, you are a typical politician.

Politicians don't typically bribe children to vote for them with a piece of candy.

They probably should, though.  Or maybe doughnuts.

Seems like some politicians are doing worse things with kids instead.

vdeane

I remember things like class president and student council being glorified popularity contests.  Just like real elections, in other words.

Although in college I did get elected to be co-chair of the Honors Program "Multimedia Committee" (part of the Steering Board, the student government for Clarkson's Honors Program) and later took over as a class rep when one of the ones from my year left the program.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

How do we post screenshots on here?
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

GaryV

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 04:22:46 PMHow do we post screenshots on here?

You have to have the secret decoder ring password.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 04:25:08 PM
Quote from: GaryV on September 11, 2026, 04:24:16 PM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 04:22:46 PMHow do we post screenshots on here?

You have to have the secret decoder ring password.

Hahaha!!!

He's being serious.  I had to bust my ass sending proofs of purchase in to enable the feature. 

kphoger

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 04:22:46 PMHow do we post screenshots on here?

Step 1 — Go to the Suggestions and Questions board.

Step 2 — Read the sticky about it.

Step 3 — Do what it says.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.