News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

How Close

Started by ShawnP, December 15, 2010, 11:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryant5493

I'm one mile or so south of the I-85/285 duplex.

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

kj3400

2.3 miles from the eastern end(nationally) of I-70.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

hm insulators

About three miles east of I-17 and about five north of I-10. I'm actually closest to Arizona 51; only about a mile and a half.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Eth

3/4 mile northeast of I-270 as the crow flies; 1 1/4 miles by car.

KEK Inc.

College - less than a mile from I-5
WA residence - about 3 miles from I-205
CA residence - about 20 miles from I-280, but like 200' from US-101.
Take the road less traveled.

prenatt1166

27 miles from Port Allegany, PA to I-86 in Olean, NY

MDOTFanFB

2.8 miles southeast of I-75 on a curve north of exit 37 (in Michigan), 3.7 miles east of the closest I-75 onramp, which is a straight shot.

Closest M-xx highway: M-85, 0.6 miles to the west.

Closest U.S. highway: U.S. 24, 5.1 miles to the west

venturafwy

10mi from Jct I-405/US-101

Bickendan

2 miles from I-205
3.5 miles from I-5
2 miles from I-84
200 feet from US 26

LeftyJR

16 miles from exits 173/178 on I-80 in PA, 300 feet from US220.

nexus73

83 miles from my place to I-5.  At least 101 is in my view where I live along with a great bay background!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Central Avenue

As the crow flies, it's about 3.7 miles both to I-70 and I-270.

By car, it's a little over 4 miles to I-270 and a little over 5 miles to I-70.
Routewitches. These children of the moving road gather strength from travel . . . Rather than controlling the road, routewitches choose to work with it, borrowing its strength and using it to make bargains with entities both living and dead. -- Seanan McGuire, Sparrow Hill Road

Interstate Trav

Quote from: ShawnP on December 15, 2010, 11:24:17 PM
How close are you to the nearest Interstate? I live 2.2 miles south of I-64 in Indiana just outside Louisville. It's also a straight shot to the exit which also 2.2 miles away. So needless to say I am a fan of the Interstates in America.
I live about 16 miles from the I-10 in Palm Springs.  I used to live exactly 10 miles from the 10 freeway.

meestersam

I'm five blocks from I-5 in downtown Seattle.

golden eagle

As the crow flies, one mile from I-55. When I lived in Duluth, GA, I-85 was pretty much in my apartment complex's backyard. When I lived in Lemon Grove, CA, the 94 freeway was a stone's throw in front of my apartment there.

hobsini2

While I used to be able to see I-55 from my house prior to the newish subdivision they built across the street, and as a straight line i am about 1 mile from it, in order for me to get on it, i have to go either 2.4 miles east then south (IL 53 exit 267) or 4.7 miles west then south (Weber Rd exit 263).
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

kaothinterceptor

Interstate: 150 feet from I-696

US Highway: Do former US Highways count?

State Route: 800 feet from M-3 (Former US 25), 125 feet from the original M-6

ftballfan

Interstate
Home: 87.0 miles from the western end of I-96 (as the crow flies, I-43 may be slightly closer)
College: 9.5 miles from I-96, 9.9 miles from I-196, 11.3 miles from unsigned I-296

US Highway (within 20 miles)
Home: 1.3 miles from US-31
College: ~10 miles from former US-16, 11.3 miles from US-131, 15.3 miles from US-31

State Route (within 10 miles)
Home: 2.6 miles from former M-110, 3.6 miles from M-55, 6.7 miles from M-22
College: 0.4 mile from M-45, 6.2 miles from M-11, 8.9 miles from M-121

nyratk1

Interstate
- 2 miles from I-495/Long Island Expwy.

State Route
- 1/2 mile from NY 27/Sunrise Highway

US Highway
- from a straight line thing US 1 in the vicinity of Bridgeport, CT is ~30 miles, but it involves crossing the Long Island Sound
- otherwise ~65 miles to US 1/9 in various points in Bronx/Manhattan/NJ

Rushmeister

I'm about 2 mi from I-65 in Indiana. 

When I'm out walking my dogs before sunrise I can usually hear the highway noise in the distance, even over the background noise of the small city I live in.
...and then the psychiatrist chuckled.

v35322

About two or three miles to I-25.

pianocello

I'm a mile and a half from I-80 in Iowa and I go to school about a mile away from the interstate. Depending on the wind direction and what buildings are in the way, I hear highway noise a lot too.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.