News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Shipping Wars Map Errors

Started by DaBigE, August 26, 2012, 04:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigE

Has anyone else taken a closer look at the maps that A&E's Shipping Wars uses to show the routes between the pick-ups and deliveries? For a couple shipment summaries, they happened to be scrolling through the upper-midwest, and I happened to notice that they have the interstates a little confused in Wisconsin...their map has I-43 between Milwaukee and Green Bay labeled as I-94. :pan:  Anyone else spot any other errors?
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

hbelkins

Quote from: DaBigE on August 26, 2012, 04:12:48 AM
Has anyone else taken a closer look at the maps that A&E's Shipping Wars uses to show the routes between the pick-ups and deliveries? For a couple shipment summaries, they happened to be scrolling through the upper-midwest, and I happened to notice that they have the interstates a little confused in Wisconsin...their map has I-43 between Milwaukee and Green Bay labeled as I-94. :pan:  Anyone else spot any other errors?

They misidentified Jamestown, NY as Jamestown, ND. The map showed them being in North Dakota but the signage (I-86, NY 17) was definitely Empire State.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

nwi_navigator_1181

The most glaring error I saw was early in the first season; Roy was shipping an item to an all-natural food store in Fairfield, OH (or some suburb in Cincinnati). However, the show stated that the destination was to be near Cleveland, OH. My wife and I were planning to visit that market during our early summer trip, and I caught that error as I mapped it out on my GPS.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Shipping Wars, but at least do some research.
"Slower Traffic Keep Right" means just that.
You use turn signals. Every Time. Every Transition.

NYhwyfan

Quote from: hbelkins on August 26, 2012, 09:15:05 PM
Quote from: DaBigE on August 26, 2012, 04:12:48 AM

They misidentified Jamestown, NY as Jamestown, ND. The map showed them being in North Dakota but the signage (I-86, NY 17) was definitely Empire State.

I noticed that too last time I watched that episode. I like the show but they could be more accurate as far as the maps.

amroad17

Quote from: nwi_navigator_1181 on August 29, 2012, 11:40:14 PM
The most glaring error I saw was early in the first season; Roy was shipping an item to an all-natural food store in Fairfield, OH (or some suburb in Cincinnati). However, the show stated that the destination was to be near Cleveland, OH. My wife and I were planning to visit that market during our early summer trip, and I caught that error as I mapped it out on my GPS.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Shipping Wars, but at least do some research.
Yes, that store is Jungle Jim's in Fairfield--about 2-3 miles north of I-275 on OH 4 (exit 41 in your program).
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.