News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Shipping Wars Map Errors

Started by DaBigE, August 26, 2012, 04:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigE

Has anyone else taken a closer look at the maps that A&E's Shipping Wars uses to show the routes between the pick-ups and deliveries? For a couple shipment summaries, they happened to be scrolling through the upper-midwest, and I happened to notice that they have the interstates a little confused in Wisconsin...their map has I-43 between Milwaukee and Green Bay labeled as I-94. :pan:  Anyone else spot any other errors?
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

hbelkins

Quote from: DaBigE on August 26, 2012, 04:12:48 AM
Has anyone else taken a closer look at the maps that A&E's Shipping Wars uses to show the routes between the pick-ups and deliveries? For a couple shipment summaries, they happened to be scrolling through the upper-midwest, and I happened to notice that they have the interstates a little confused in Wisconsin...their map has I-43 between Milwaukee and Green Bay labeled as I-94. :pan:  Anyone else spot any other errors?

They misidentified Jamestown, NY as Jamestown, ND. The map showed them being in North Dakota but the signage (I-86, NY 17) was definitely Empire State.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

nwi_navigator_1181

The most glaring error I saw was early in the first season; Roy was shipping an item to an all-natural food store in Fairfield, OH (or some suburb in Cincinnati). However, the show stated that the destination was to be near Cleveland, OH. My wife and I were planning to visit that market during our early summer trip, and I caught that error as I mapped it out on my GPS.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Shipping Wars, but at least do some research.
"Slower Traffic Keep Right" means just that.
You use turn signals. Every Time. Every Transition.

NYhwyfan

Quote from: hbelkins on August 26, 2012, 09:15:05 PM
Quote from: DaBigE on August 26, 2012, 04:12:48 AM

They misidentified Jamestown, NY as Jamestown, ND. The map showed them being in North Dakota but the signage (I-86, NY 17) was definitely Empire State.

I noticed that too last time I watched that episode. I like the show but they could be more accurate as far as the maps.

amroad17

Quote from: nwi_navigator_1181 on August 29, 2012, 11:40:14 PM
The most glaring error I saw was early in the first season; Roy was shipping an item to an all-natural food store in Fairfield, OH (or some suburb in Cincinnati). However, the show stated that the destination was to be near Cleveland, OH. My wife and I were planning to visit that market during our early summer trip, and I caught that error as I mapped it out on my GPS.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Shipping Wars, but at least do some research.
Yes, that store is Jungle Jim's in Fairfield--about 2-3 miles north of I-275 on OH 4 (exit 41 in your program).
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.