News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I am the newest member!

Started by djsinco, February 07, 2013, 03:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djsinco

I found this forum a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like it will become a major time-suck for me; but that is a good thing... I have been on both extremes of commuting universe. I drove a truck coast-to-coast for about 15 years, and now work from home. When I build my list of the highways I have traveled, it will be quite extensive. I have driven every Interstate, most of them end-to-end. I have driven not only in all 48 contiguous states, but likely in 80 percent of each of the counties within those states. I feel I can add some interesting content and perspective to many of the discussions here. I am certain I can learn much more than I can contribute, though. I have seen some incredible threads, and have only scratched the surface of the forum.

Thanks for admitting me to the group here. I am sure it will be a wonderful experience...

Dave

3 million miles and counting

6a

Has anyone told this guy about the open bar on Fridays?

(welcome, by the way)

Alex

djsinco

Quote from: 6a on February 07, 2013, 04:48:16 PM

(welcome, by the way)

Thanks for the welcome! I have not heard of an open bar, but that is a phrase I am fond of, as a rule.
I also strongly agree with at least two of the three statements in your signature area. I will not disclose which two, or if it might actually be all three.

D

djsinco

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2013, 07:19:40 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Alex,

Thank you. I think I will like it here...

D

agentsteel53

(welcome, by the way)

good god, does anyone remember when V'ger actually tried to start such a thread?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

A.J. Bertin

Welcome to this forum! It's such a blast being able to read and post topics related to roads/highways. You're right, though, about this forum being a time-suck! In recent weeks I have been spending more and more time on the site - exploring the different boards and reading about different topics.

Which state are you from? Do you ever see yourself attending a road meet one day?
-A.J. from Michigan

djsinco

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on February 08, 2013, 03:31:13 PM
Welcome to this forum! It's such a blast being able to read and post topics related to roads/highways. You're right, though, about this forum being a time-suck! In recent weeks I have been spending more and more time on the site - exploring the different boards and reading about different topics.

Which state are you from? Do you ever see yourself attending a road meet one day?

AJ - Thanks for the welcome! I have been in Colorado since 1985, previously lived in NY, NJ, TN, FL, TX and from there on to CO...

As far as the road meet goes, it is not out of the question, but no plans at the present  time. I need to get my feet wet here first!

6a

Quote from: djsinco on February 08, 2013, 03:44:10 AM

(welcome, by the way)

Thanks for the welcome! I have not heard of an open bar, but that is a phrase I am fond of, as a rule.
I also strongly agree with at least two of the three statements in your signature area. I will not disclose which two, or if it might actually be all three.

D

This sums up the last one pretty well  :sombrero:

ctsignguy

Quote from: 6a on February 09, 2013, 11:54:17 AM

Ahhh, yes.  "If it weren't for sports, scenes like this would not be disgusting...."
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Brandon

Quote from: 6a on February 09, 2013, 11:54:17 AM
Quote from: djsinco on February 08, 2013, 03:44:10 AM

(welcome, by the way)

D

Some would say they're made for each other.  Go Green, Go White!
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.