News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New here

Started by freebrickproductions, June 09, 2014, 12:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freebrickproductions

Hello all, I'm David and I live in Huntsville, AL.
I'm interested in a variety of odd interests, two of them being traffic lights and abandoned roads. I also have a minor interest in roads that are still used.
I'm also a railfan who know more about railroad crossing signals than the different models of engines and I'm interested in tornado sirens, air conditioning units, fans, and LEGOs.
I hope to enjoy my time here, because this seems like a very nice forum. :nod:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Zeffy

Quote from: freebrickproductions on June 09, 2014, 12:44:02 AM

Your assumption is correct!  ;-) Hello and welcome!
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

formulanone

Welcome from the HSV-DEC Roads Facebook Group to AARoads! Enjoy many a late night catching up on some old threads...

hotdogPi

Hello! My name is also David!
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

DaBigE

Quote from: freebrickproductions on June 09, 2014, 12:44:02 AM
Hello all, I'm David and I live in Huntsville, AL.
I'm interested in a variety of odd interests, two of them being traffic lights and abandoned roads. I also have a minor interest in roads that are still used.
I'm also a railfan who know more about railroad crossing signals than the different models of engines and I'm interested in tornado sirens, air conditioning units, fans, and LEGOs.

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

I share a similar interest in railroad crossing signals, tornado sirens, and LEGO. (FYI, the plural of LEGO is LEGO :) ). Unfortunately, the other week I noticed another wig-wag pair disappear before I got a chance to get a picture of it. :-(
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

bugo

Do you like air raid sirens?  The Chrysler Hemi powered air raid siren is my favorite.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: bugo on June 09, 2014, 09:01:09 PM
Do you like air raid sirens?  The Chrysler Hemi powered air raid siren is my favorite.
Yep. The Chrysler isn't my favorite, but it's up there. I'd have to say that the 2nd Generation Federal Signal 2001-SRN is my favorite.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

bugo

Quote from: freebrickproductions on June 09, 2014, 09:57:38 PM
Quote from: bugo on June 09, 2014, 09:01:09 PM
Yep. The Chrysler isn't my favorite, but it's up there. I'd have to say that the 2nd Generation Federal Signal 2001-SRN is my favorite.

There's a clip somewhere on the internet of the Chrysler siren.  The hemi starts up and burbles loudly, then the siren kicks in and drowns out the sound of the big V8 engine.  It's pretty awesome.

nyratk1

I recognize you from the SignalTraffic/Highway Divides forum. Welcome, David! (I did the reverse - went from here to STF/Highway Divides)

Alex

Welcome to the board!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.