News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Greetings From The Tar Heel State

Started by The Nature Boy, July 10, 2014, 05:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Nature Boy

Hello fellow road geeks!

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Takumi

* Takumi holds up 4 fingers

WOOOOOOO!
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

The Nature Boy

Quote from: Takumi on July 10, 2014, 07:05:50 PM
* Takumi holds up 4 fingers

WOOOOOOO!

They do call me the car drivin', road clinchin', kiss stealin' wheelin' dealin' son of a gun

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zzonkmiles

Hi and welcome!

One of my favorite stretches of road to drive is the I-40/85 concurrency between Greensboro and Durham.

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

froggie

QuoteI am moving back to New England after law school.

Anywhere in particular?

1995hoo

Greetings. I lived in North Carolina for three years in the 1990s while attending law school. If you don't mind my asking, which part of the state are you from?
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

The Nature Boy

Quote from: froggie on July 11, 2014, 05:13:13 PM
QuoteI am moving back to New England after law school.

Anywhere in particular?

Short term? Boston, it's where the jobs are. In the long term, I'd like to live in the North Country of New Hampshire. I would also consider the Northeast Kingdom in Vermont. I just love rural Northern New England.

MillTheRoadgeek

"Yellow", my friend! Hope you have tons of fun here. I may be more of a newcomer here, but I've had a pretty awesome time here, and you should too.

roadman65

Hello and welcome.  You should have fun as we have a great on line community.  Hearing the stuff here makes you want to travel and check out the roads more.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Rainking75

We've gone down similar paths. I grew up in western MA, went to college in Burlington, VT and have lived in Charlotte for the last nine years. Would have loved to stay in VT but it's not the easiest place to find a good job. Love Boston too. One of my favorite cities on the planet!

The Nature Boy

Quote from: Rainking75 on August 01, 2014, 07:56:07 PM
We've gone down similar paths. I grew up in western MA, went to college in Burlington, VT and have lived in Charlotte for the last nine years. Would have loved to stay in VT but it's not the easiest place to find a good job. Love Boston too. One of my favorite cities on the planet!

Agreed. The job market north of Concord, NH is pretty bad. I would love to be in VT or NH, but the odds of that happening right off the bat are pretty slim.

And Charlotte is a pretty decent city. They need to finish the light rail though so it's easier to get from Uptown bars to the outer areas of the city.

froggie

QuoteAgreed. The job market north of Concord, NH is pretty bad. I would love to be in VT or NH, but the odds of that happening right off the bat are pretty slim.

It's funny you mention that since Vermont has the 2nd lowest unemployment rate in the nation (behind only ND).  That said, I chose to go back to school to finish my undergrad instead of join the job market right away once I got up here...

The Nature Boy

Quote from: froggie on August 04, 2014, 09:24:12 AM
QuoteAgreed. The job market north of Concord, NH is pretty bad. I would love to be in VT or NH, but the odds of that happening right off the bat are pretty slim.

It's funny you mention that since Vermont has the 2nd lowest unemployment rate in the nation (behind only ND).  That said, I chose to go back to school to finish my undergrad instead of join the job market right away once I got up here...

Vermont also has a major brain drain problem. In my experience, there aren't a lot of jobs for professionals who rely on paying customers since there's a scarcity of them.

My chosen profession also often falls into the employment paradox of always wanting someone with experience. Entry jobs are rare.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.