News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Rectangular outline bumps warrior from ND signage

Started by DevalDragon, July 20, 2016, 08:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevalDragon

Sad - I thought the ND state route markers were very unique and distinct. Will be a shame when they disappear.

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) – The profile of a famous Sioux warrior that has adorned North Dakota's highway signs for nearly a century is being quietly replaced by a rectangle. One descendant of Marcellus Red Tomahawk said it "tears my heart out" that officials decided to swap out the markers featuring his great-great-grandfather with versions displaying the nondescript North Dakota outline, an homage to the upcoming 100th birthday of the state's transportation agency.

https://www.mail.com/business/economy/4492080-rectangular-outline-bumps-warrior-north-dakota-sig.html#.23140-stage-set12-4

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.