News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Florida

Started by FLRoads, January 21, 2009, 12:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

florida

This thread needs some photos.

Self-explanatory. Sprawl didn't get to these?

The SR 228 & 129 duplex

Horrendous job, whoever did these.

The green-out jobs

Bay Street SB, just after Main. Oops.

This shot came out perfect.

Coming off the Main Street Bridge, NB. Oops.

SR 13 NB at US 1 and US 90. Oops!

Ocean Street NB immediately after Bay Street.

US 90 EB at US 1 and what is supposed to be SR 228.

SR 109A signs are still up even though there has not been an SR 109A for about 20 years.

SR 10 WB at SR 115. A leg of SR 10A starts to the right, also, and so does SR 113. They still have Alt US 90 on Atlantic Blvd, consistently signed! There are zero Alt US 90 shields on the Arlington Expressway.

Unless you count this one...which is the only mention of Alt US 90 on the Arlington Expressway. Progress!

Who wants an SR 116 sign picture?

Just thought it was amusing to junction a route and immediately have to turn right to get on it. Who cares about advance signage.

This is the JCT SR 9A while you are on SR 9A.

US 17 SB at Old SR 163 (now CR 163) and SR 104. Why waste space when you can make a fictional duplex? The I-95 shield is in the spot where the SR 163 shield used to be.

It looks like the 5 wanted to be a 6, but its parents would not let it.

SR 212 finally shielded after all these years (ok, since US 90 was put on it).

If you say so...

Just an old mileage sign doing its intended job.

So many roads...so little time.

agentsteel53

why are the south 17/west 228 and the 1/17/90 green sign photos labeled "Oops"?

also, is FL-10 supposed to always be hidden, or is it intentionally signed past the end of I-10?

the wide 10/95 pair look something like what Texas uses on their green sign shields, and MA and NH use on I-95 on the surface level.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

florida

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 08, 2009, 01:30:53 PM
why are the south 17/west 228 and the 1/17/90 green sign photos labeled "Oops"?

also, is FL-10 supposed to always be hidden, or is it intentionally signed past the end of I-10?

the wide 10/95 pair look something like what Texas uses on their green sign shields, and MA and NH use on I-95 on the surface level.

US 17 and SR 228 were realigned out of downtown Jacksonville. They connect onto I-10, then I-95, US 23 and back to US 1 where US 17 heads north, and SR 228 heads south (east) into downtown to connect to the Hart Bridge and adjoining expressway to US 90. They no longer travel along the riverfront.

SR 10 is intentionally signed east of Jacksonville, but hidden west of Jacksonville. It used to be the original routing of SR A1A before A1A was extended up to the Mayport Ferry and Fernandina Beach. Immediately east of I-95, US 90 splits off of SR 10 and uses SR 212 to travel to The Beaches, so that's why it's signed where US 1 and US 90 meet on the south side of town.

Those wide signs were in the area of Post Street and Riverside Avenue.

mefailenglish

Quote from: florida on October 08, 2009, 01:14:00 PM
It looks like the 5 wanted to be a 6, but its parents would not let it.
Looks like it's got a serious overbite!

florida

I snuck up to Clay County yesterday because something on Streetview caught the eye....and it was worth it.

-CR 209 is (or will be) extended north of CR 220 to SR 21/CR 220A. It's listed on sign blades, but not signed.
-CR 220 is being widened between Knight Boxx Road (CR 220B) and College Ave (CR 224).

And some pictures...

A 5th keys shield for SR 21 in the Orange Park-Middleburg area.

A keys 220 shield in Middleburg.

One section of CR 220 circles into itself, and Clay County is nice to let you know that. (If you make a left and follow it around, you'll come right back to this sign.)

CR 220 east at SR 21. US 21 vacations in Florida, and brought Arial font with it. (Does Georgia know about this??)

CR 220 west at SR 21. The 6th keys shield, but with Arial Helvetica font. (It could be a classy, county-made reproduction??)

CR 220A, Baxley leg, north at SR 21 and SR 23. I was expecting to see an SR shield.

These signs are posted at the intersections of CR 209, CR 315, and one signalized intersection just south of there. (Yay for unhidden state routes!)

Clay County likes to make sure you know you are traveling on COUNTY route 209.

On Toms Road, just off the SR 16 and I-95 interchange.

Still hanging in Green Cove Springs (two of them!)

Off CR 209B (two of them!).

florida

Another SR on the chopping block is SR 585.

Alex

Quote from: florida on October 12, 2009, 05:16:21 PM

I think SR 585 is unsigned already except for its intersections with Hillsborough Avenue, I-4, and maybe SR 60.

Marc

Nice pics.
Quote from: florida on October 10, 2009, 07:26:13 AM
CR 220 west at SR 21. The 6th keys shield, but with Arial font. (It could be a classy, county-made reproduction??)

That's Helvetica. Graphic Designer's intuition ;-)
Always remember, Helvetica=good, Arial=bad, Comic Sans=induce vomiting.

florida

Quote from: AARoads on October 12, 2009, 10:02:46 PM
Quote from: florida on October 12, 2009, 05:16:21 PM

I think SR 585 is unsigned already except for its intersections with Hillsborough Avenue, I-4, and maybe SR 60.

No reassurance shields? Haven't driven it in a few years, but will go over probably this weekend sometime.

Quote from: Marc on October 13, 2009, 12:49:02 AM
That's Helvetica. Graphic Designer's intuition ;-)
Always remember, Helvetica=good, Arial=bad, Comic Sans=induce vomiting.

Yeah, comic sans is a permanent tumor. I'll have to open Word and practice the Helvetica numbers vs. the Arial numbers  ;-)

Marc

Quote from: florida on October 13, 2009, 02:21:07 AM
Yeah, comic sans is a permanent tumor. I'll have to open Word and practice the Helvetica numbers vs. the Arial numbers  ;-)
You can always tell by the 2s and the uppercase Rs. Arial is Microsoft's rip off of Helvetica.

mightyace

Quote from: Marc on October 13, 2009, 11:59:56 PM
Arial is Microsoft's rip off of Helvetica.

<Off topic rant>
It's ironic that Microsoft created Arial to avoid paying license fees for Helvetica, yet they are one of the most aggressive companies in making sure you pay them license fees!
</Off topic rant>
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

D-Dey65

What's the new exit number on I-10 for the Brannen Field-Chaffee Expressway supposed to be? I was there on a road trip up north in late-April 2009(and back in early-May 2009), but I forgot what it was.

FLRoads

I would gather that it would be Exit 349, but given on how big the interchange is, it could be signed as Exit 348.

Correction: according to the official website, the interchange was constructed at mile marker 350, so it would be safe to say one of my guesses would be correct  :-D

FLRoads

After digging some more, it is indeed Exit 350 and it opened to traffic on October 1.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: florida on October 06, 2009, 02:35:07 AM
Still no changes on Atlantic Blvd either. Still co-signed with Alt US 90.

I just downloaded the most current GIS data off of FDOT's site and they have removed the final small piece that showed Alt US-90 in Downtown Jacksonville.  It now seems the one on FL-10 is the defacto one now.  Will have to update the route on the CHM site.

florida

That routing doesn't make any sense. The one through downtown was on an expressway at least. It seems frivolous to have them both on surface routes and closer than before.

D-Dey65

I wasn't able to get the link, but I saw a report on BayNews9 about a proposal to add a light-rail line between Tampa and St. Petersburg using the original span of the Howard Frankland Bridge, which would obviously require replacing it with a third parallel span. I was going to add this to Wikipedia, but as I said earlier, I couldn't get the link from their website.

D-Dey65

D-Dey65

Here's a picture of US 98 & Florida SR 50 in Ridge Manor West, looking east at Interstate 75 that I took in mid-October 2009:

You can always add it to your collection of Florida SR 50 images.

rickmastfan67

I remember hearing that FL-5's seperate section in West Palm Beach was going to be removed.  When will this totally happen?  Also, will FL-5 then be moved back over to US-1 and replace FL-805?  Because as of right now, FL-5 has a gap according to the FDOT GIS.

Also, does anybody know why the GIS data is showing US-1 on it's old routing between FL-704 & FL-A1A?  Seems really odd.

florida

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on November 12, 2009, 05:15:25 AM
I remember hearing that FL-5's seperate section in West Palm Beach was going to be removed.  When will this totally happen?  Also, will FL-5 then be moved back over to US-1 and replace FL-805?  Because as of right now, FL-5 has a gap according to the FDOT GIS.

Also, does anybody know why the GIS data is showing US-1 on it's old routing between FL-704 & FL-A1A?  Seems really odd.

It was either a fellow poster (thomasvista) or someone else at FDOT who said the US 1 designation on Quadrille still had to be approved, but it has been removed from Dixie and Olive.

Quoting from District 4:
" As part of the City redevelopment plans FDOT is transferringsegments of the Olive/Dixie Corridor through downtown WPB from the FDOT tothe City. The Quadrille Blvd north - south corridor between Lakeview Ave(SR-704) and Quadrille Blvd. has been designated to replace the OliveAve/Dixie Hwy corridor as US-1 route designation."

Not sure about if SR 5 will be re-routed over SR 805 (like what happened with SR 651 in Pinellas County where it's still a state road, but totally hidden). SR 882 will be truncated to US 1 in "2010 following a scheduled resurfacing." There is still a JCT SR 5 assembly on it (in someone's yard!), heading EB at Old SR 5. Maybe the remaining SR 5 segments will follow suit at that same time.

D-Dey65

On November 5, 2009, I took these three shots of the Southbound Suncoast Parkway at the new Exit 16.
http://img43.imageshack.us/g/sbsuncoastpkwyexit16one.jpg/

Go get 'em!

florida

It seems SR 589 is the only route that signs Hillsborough CR 582 on Lutz-Lake Fern Road.

simguy228

FL... When I was younger I lived there.. When left FL about 2000 I just remember driving by the wore-out highway signs near Brandon... :coffee:
Lovable. Truthful. Great, SC4
[acronym=Simple Machines Forum]SMF[/acronym]

rickmastfan67

Can somebody point out what's wrong in these pictures? ;)

More pictures are posted @ my blog on the I-10/I-95 interchange reconstruction. (the link is in my sig)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.