AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TV-Movie Road inaccuracies that drive you crazy!  (Read 5990 times)

abefroman329

• Last Login: April 29, 2019, 05:55:26 PM
Re: TV-Movie Road inaccuracies that drive you crazy!
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »

I used to work in the office building that housed the flower shop that the President called to order flowers and, later, where he showed up in person.  It was in the office building behind the Willard Hotel, and it is very close to the White House.  Visiting foreign dignitaries would frequently stay at the Willard.

FrCorySticha

• Last Login: Today at 12:57:27 PM
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2018, 05:09:28 PM »

How about a 2-lane I-25 in Doctor Who? The real life version of the road is 4 lanes at the sign for Truth or Consequences NM.

I know the episode in question...it's one of the two animated episodes featuring the Tenth Doctor - "Dreamland"

It's not the 2 lane road that stands out in and of itself, as they did mean to show the early days of the Interstate system (which did often have 2-lane roads signed as Interstates).

What stands out is that particular scene supposedly takes place in *1947*!!  It shows the fabled "Roswell crash" happening.

Um...there were NO Interstate highways in 1947...

Not only that, but Truth or Consequences, NM wasn't named such until the mid-1950s.

The 2-lane I-25 also shows up in the Twelfth Doctor 2-part The Zygon Invasion and The Zygon Inversion. In that case, it's supposed to be modern day, which is obviously wrong to portray it as a narrow, windy 2-lane.

DJ Particle

• RIAAcidal Lesbian Parodist

• Last Login: Today at 07:51:21 AM
    • DJ Particle
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2018, 02:53:58 AM »

The 2-lane I-25 also shows up in the Twelfth Doctor 2-part The Zygon Invasion and The Zygon Inversion. In that case, it's supposed to be modern day, which is obviously wrong to portray it as a narrow, windy 2-lane.

How did I miss that?   :confused:

RobbieL2415

• Last Login: Today at 10:24:47 AM
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »

On the X-Files when they establish the location as San Francisco but the stoplights would all have yellow reflectors behind them meaning its actually BC, Canada.

abefroman329

• Last Login: April 29, 2019, 05:55:26 PM
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2018, 11:10:08 PM »

It wasn’t a road inaccuracy, but a recent episode of Roseanne had a character say they were going to a concert “in Ravinia.” “At Ravinia” would’ve been the correct terminology, since it’s a concert venue and not the name of a city or town.

ErmineNotyours

• Last Login: Today at 12:18:56 AM
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »

When I myself was a kid, I read the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary, set in Portland, Oregon.  In one book, she told her dad that she wanted to stand on the middle of the Interstate Bridge with her arms stretched out, one in Oregon and one in Washington.  That's a very kid thing to do; I myself was and am interested in state and international borders.  However, her dad dissuaded her of that notion, saying the bridge is on an Interstate highway, and is closed to pedestrians.  When I finally went over the bridge, I saw that it has a sidewalk, and later I was able to walk over it myself.  It's an old bridge, so it's likely it was open back when the book was being written.  Either this is a lapse in research, or a "character error".  Perhaps the dad really didn't know the bridge was open to pedestrians, or he didn't want to bother to drive out there and then walk several long minutes with traffic roaring right by you.  I walked out there to take a picture of an unusual sign that I'm posting over on the Good, Bad and Ugly thread over in Traffic Control.

bing101

• Last Login: November 10, 2019, 07:23:58 PM
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2019, 03:10:17 PM »

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/09/07/bumblebee-film-to-transforms-vallejo-into-movie-set/

The movie Bumblebee uses San Francisco as its location but parts of the movie was filmed in Vallejo,CA.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.