AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quebec's Highways  (Read 144250 times)

oscar

• Last Login: Today at 08:02:39 PM
    • my Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: Quebec's Highways
« Reply #475 on: November 20, 2020, 04:46:55 PM »

Prowling MTQ's recent press releases, I noticed a few other noteworthy updates:

-- Reconstruction of the Turcot interchange in Montreal (A-15/A-20/A-720/R-136) is almost done, though with some finishing work going into 2021. Finally! I don't know when Autoroute 720 will be completely decommissioned in favor of R-136, which I understand was awaiting the Turcot revamp.

-- A short reroute of R-169 in Alma opened last month.

-- Plans have been approved for a northward extension of A-25 to Sainte-Julienne. Work is scheduled to begin in 2022.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Richard3

• Last Login: Today at 01:54:01 PM
« Reply #476 on: Today at 11:39:29 AM »

-- Reconstruction of the Turcot interchange in Montreal (A-15/A-20/A-720/R-136) is almost done, though with some finishing work going into 2021. Finally! I don't know when Autoroute 720 will be completely decommissioned in favor of R-136, which I understand was awaiting the Turcot revamp.

-- Plans have been approved for a northward extension of A-25 to Sainte-Julienne. Work is scheduled to begin in 2022.

Thanks, oscar!

Just to add some infos on upcoming works,...

- A-30 shoulders are turning into bus-reserved lanes between A-20 in Boucherville, and A-10 in Brossard.  Works will continue until 2021.
- A-50 twinning: Works would be starting as soon as 2022 on two lenghts, between Gatineau (Buckingham) and L'Ange-Gardien, and between Lachute and Mirabel.  The rest of the distance is on study.
- Route 117 between Labelle and Rivière-Rouge will be turned from 2-lane to 4-lane divided starting 2022.
- A-55 twinning between Bécancour and A-20; works would start in 2022.
- 1,5 G$ (CA) to be invested on A-15 in Laval and Boisbriand; many improvements to be done, starting in 2022.
What happens on the road... stays on the road!

I ride a Caliber, a Durango, a Ram 1500,... and a Peterbilt!

States/provinces/territories I didn't went in: AB, AK, AL, BC, HI, KS, LA, MB, MN, MS, MT, ND, NL, NT, NU, PR, RI, SD, SK, WA, WI, YT.  Well, I still have some job to do!

kphoger

• Last Login: Today at 07:56:37 PM
« Reply #477 on: Today at 11:49:09 AM »

- 1,5 G$

$1.5 Billion

(For those who didn't know.  I had to look it up myself.)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.

Richard3

« Reply #478 on: Today at 11:57:17 AM »

This may be a silly question, but why are the road signs bilingual in Ontario, but only in French in Quebec?

In some provinces, like Ontario, and Nova Scotia, road signs are bilingual in areas where strong french-speaking communities are present. In other provinces, like New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island, all signage is pretty much bilingual.

The case of province of Quebec is particular.  As cbeach40 said, there's many issues about that situation, but essentially, on freeways, signs are bilingual on Federal-owned roadways, like Champlain and Jacques-Cartier Bridges, and Pierre-Elloitt-Trudeau Airport.  About everything else is in french only.  On smaller signage, there is some exceptions, like into First Nations reserves, where some local languages are used.  I always remember when the MTQ renovated R-132/138 in Kahnawake; they rebuilt it with 4-lanes undivided, plus a bus-reserved lane eastbound.  Go figure why, the bus-reserved lane signage was in French, in Mohawk language, but not in English. Knowing that the Mohawk people use mostly English and Mohawk languages, it may be almost insulting for those people.

States/provinces/territories I didn't went in: AB, AK, AL, BC, HI, KS, LA, MB, MN, MS, MT, ND, NL, NT, NU, PR, RI, SD, SK, WA, WI, YT.  Well, I still have some job to do!

Richard3

« Reply #479 on: Today at 11:57:53 AM »

- 1,5 G$

$1.5 Billion

(For those who didn't know.  I had to look it up myself.)

...thanks!

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 04:51:52 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #480 on: Today at 04:52:01 PM »

Thanks, oscar!

Just to add some infos on upcoming works,...

- A-30 shoulders are turning into bus-reserved lanes between A-20 in Boucherville, and A-10 in Brossard.  Works will continue until 2021.
- A-50 twinning: Works would be starting as soon as 2022 on two lenghts, between Gatineau (Buckingham) and L'Ange-Gardien, and between Lachute and Mirabel.  The rest of the distance is on study.
- Route 117 between Labelle and Rivière-Rouge will be turned from 2-lane to 4-lane divided starting 2022.
- A-55 twinning between Bécancour and A-20; works would start in 2022.
- 1,5 G$ (CA) to be invested on A-15 in Laval and Boisbriand; many improvements to be done, starting in 2022.
I smell some road meets coming up!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.