News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayhawkCO

Quote from: DenverBrian on March 08, 2022, 05:00:54 PM
Indeed, the Broncos are now 12:1 to win the SB and the Seahawks are 60:1 or worse.

With all teams having quality QBs, quality o-line and receivers will come to the fore. Denver retains a large cap space budget to go after free agents and pick up linemen where they are often picked up: later rounds of the draft.

I'll happily lay 12:1 to anyone who would like to bet.

SectorZ

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 08, 2022, 02:35:59 PM
Quote from: DenverBrian on March 08, 2022, 02:33:15 PM
Broncos pick up a franchise quarterback with great character. Much better than dealing with AR and his anal cleanses. :D :D :D

Apparently the anal cleanses are an actual thing with him:

https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20220301/aaron-rodgers-panchakarma-cleanse

No more Shailene Woodley probably means no more of this stupidity. She bragged about eating clay, something most people figure out is a bad idea in kindergarten. Now that's he staying in a place she clearly gives zero "anal cleanses" about, he starts to go back to normal.

Bruce

The Wilson trade makes sense in the world of Jody Allen. She's managed to damage almost all of Paul Allen's community assets (Seahawks, Blazers, Cinerama, Living Computers Museum) since taking over the estate.

Henry

That Wilson trade is one that nobody saw coming! Perhaps the Broncos are hoping that lightning will strike twice?The reason I'm saying this is because the last time they acquired a big-name QB (Peyton Manning), they won their third Super Bowl (but ironically lost their fifth to the man they just got). Tom Brady's winning his seventh overall Super Bowl in his first season with the Buccaneers may also serve as inspiration for the trade.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Henry on March 09, 2022, 10:20:09 AM
That Wilson trade is one that nobody saw coming! Perhaps the Broncos are hoping that lightning will strike twice?The reason I'm saying this is because the last time they acquired a big-name QB (Peyton Manning), they won their third Super Bowl (but ironically lost their fifth to the man they just got). Tom Brady's winning his seventh overall Super Bowl in his first season with the Buccaneers may also serve as inspiration for the trade.

Nobody saw coming? I think the general consensus was that the Broncos were going to go after Wilson if they didn't get Rodgers. The only mystery was whether or not Seattle would part with him.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

webny99

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 09, 2022, 10:22:49 AM
Nobody saw coming? I think the general consensus was that the Broncos were going to go after Wilson if they didn't get Rodgers. The only mystery was whether or not Seattle would part with him.

... and Pete Carroll said at the combine that they had "no intention of making a move" at the QB position.  :pan:

In the big picture, it's not that much of a shocker. But the fact that it happened on March 8th, 2022, after a month where everyone was talking about Aaron Rodgers while the general consensus was that Wilson would stay put, was a bit of of shocker.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: webny99 on March 09, 2022, 10:35:46 AM

... and Pete Carroll said at the combine that they had "no intention of making a move" at the QB position.  :pan:

In the big picture, it's not that much of a shocker. But the fact that it happened on March 8th, 2022, after a month where everyone was talking about Aaron Rodgers while the general consensus was that Wilson would stay put, was a bit of of shocker.

I wouldn't call it the consensus that he was staying put at all. Everything I had read was that it was more up in the air than any other QB other than Rodgers. Now we still, in theory, have Watson, Wentz, Carr, Cousins, Tua, Trubisky, and Hurts that could go somewhere.

nexus73

The Wilson trade looks like a good deal for Seattle.  This QB has 2 seasons worth of playtime left.  The Seahawks are not in the mix for a Super Bowl berth so they need to rebuild.  Wilson's contact is a high cost.  Getting a slew of draft choices for the 2022 draft and some more good spots in 2023's draft due to finishing below .500 sets them up for a bright future.  The more chances one has to swing the bat, the greater the chance to get a hit. 

Al Davis would trade players off just before they ran out of steam to get draft choices.  It worked for the Raiders.  How well Seattle does in draft choices and injuries to them will determine the value realized from this trade. 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 09, 2022, 10:45:43 AM

... and Pete Carroll said at the combine that they had "no intention of making a move" at the QB position. 

I wouldn't call it the consensus that he was staying put at all. Everything I had read was that it was more up in the air than any other QB other than Rodgers. Now we still, in theory, have Watson, Carr, Cousins, Tua, Trubisky, and Hurts that could go somewhere.

The high note their season ended on, with 89 points in 2 games, seemed to have calmed things down, although that obviously wasn't the case behind the scenes. Wilson hadn't really been talked about much at all in the past 2-3 weeks, unless you know of some sources that I don't. That kind of speaks for itself - if people thought he would be moving, it would have been talked about way more. I think basically any media member you might have asked in that time frame would have pegged it higher than 50% (but obviously not 100%) that he returned to Seattle.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: webny99 on March 09, 2022, 10:59:24 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 09, 2022, 10:45:43 AM

... and Pete Carroll said at the combine that they had "no intention of making a move" at the QB position. 

I wouldn't call it the consensus that he was staying put at all. Everything I had read was that it was more up in the air than any other QB other than Rodgers. Now we still, in theory, have Watson, Carr, Cousins, Tua, Trubisky, and Hurts that could go somewhere.

The high note their season ended on, with 89 points in 2 games, seemed to have calmed things down, although that obviously wasn't the case behind the scenes. Wilson hadn't really been talked about much at all in the past 2-3 weeks, unless you know of some sources that I don't. That kind of speaks for itself - if people thought he would be moving, it would have been talked about way more. I think basically any media member you might have asked in that time frame would have pegged it higher than 50% (but obviously not 100%) that he returned to Seattle.

We must read different people.  All the guys I follow on Twitter thought there was at least a sporting chance that he was moved. Either way, the Broncos will be massively overrated and the Seahawks underrated.

webny99

Quote from: nexus73 on March 09, 2022, 10:55:21 AM
This QB has 2 seasons worth of playtime left.

I'm not sure about that. Wilson's playing style doesn't necessarily lend itself to a career well into his 40's like Tom Brady, but he's only 33! It would be pretty surprising if he was playing too poorly to be a starter and/or retired at age 35.

Quote from: nexus73 on March 09, 2022, 10:55:21 AM
Getting a slew of draft choices for the 2022 draft and some more good spots in 2023's draft due to finishing below .500 sets them up for a bright future.  The more chances one has to swing the bat, the greater the chance to get a hit. 

That's probably true, but I wouldn't just assume they'll finish below .500, and I'm not sure it really matters if they do or not. I don't like the idea of any team just throwing away a season for "the future" which may or may not pan out. They have an OK roster and I think they should at least be competitive this year, maybe even in the division.

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 09, 2022, 11:08:16 AM
We must read different people.  All the guys I follow on Twitter thought there was at least a sporting chance that he was moved. Either way, the Broncos will be massively overrated and the Seahawks underrated.

Well dang, I wasn't thinking that you're literally in the Denver area. Like I said, not a total shocker in the big picture, there just didn't seem to be a lot of talk of it in the past few weeks before it happened.

But I agree on your other point, I could totally see the Broncos underachieving. I think they'll at least end their 13-game losing streak to the Chiefs (still can't believe they didn't end it in Week 18 last year), but I'm not assuming they'll go on a Super Bowl run.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: webny99 on March 09, 2022, 11:18:27 AM

Well dang, I wasn't thinking that you're literally in the Denver area. Like I said, not a total shocker in the big picture, there just didn't seem to be a lot of talk of it in the past few weeks before it happened.

But I agree on your other point, I could totally see the Broncos underachieving. I think they'll at least end their 13-game losing streak to the Chiefs (still can't believe they didn't end it in Week 18 last year), but I'm not assuming they'll go on a Super Bowl run.

I live in Denver, but I'm a Vikings fan (born in Minnesota, so loyal to the team I cheered for as a kid, and I moved here during the Elway heyday and he was just on the news so much it was sickening if you weren't a Broncos fan).

I'll go 9-8, maaaaybe 10-7 for the Broncos next year unless they make some other moves.

thspfc

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 09, 2022, 11:23:52 AM

I live in Denver, but I'm a Vikings fan (born in Minnesota, so loyal to the team I cheered for as a kid, and I moved here during the Elway heyday and he was just on the news so much it was sickening if you weren't a Broncos fan).

I'll go 9-8, maaaaybe 10-7 for the Broncos next year unless they make some other moves.
Alright. Denver over 10 wins, I win. Denver under 10 wins, you win.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on March 09, 2022, 12:26:56 PM

Sure.  Assuming 10 is a push. What's the wager? (Right to nullify the wager if a major move happens before the season, i.e. they turn around and trade someone major).

NWI_Irish96

Just scrolled across my TV screen: Colts trading Carson Wentz to the Commanders. No indication of the return to the Colts.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

webny99

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 09, 2022, 01:56:01 PM
Just scrolled across my TV screen: Colts trading Carson Wentz to the Commanders. No indication of the return to the Colts.

Carson Wentz bringing back the L in NFC Least...  :-D

Big John

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 09, 2022, 01:56:01 PM
Two 3rds wherethe 2023 3rd could become a 2nd.

thspfc

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 09, 2022, 12:50:29 PM

Sure.  Assuming 10 is a push. What's the wager? (Right to nullify the wager if a major move happens before the season, i.e. they turn around and trade someone major).
If I win, you write a paragraph about how good Russell Wilson is. If you win, I write a paragraph about how bad he is.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on March 09, 2022, 05:57:38 PM

If I win, you write a paragraph about how good Russell Wilson is. If you win, I write a paragraph about how bad he is.

Done and done. ::virtual shake::

thspfc

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 09, 2022, 05:58:57 PM

Just one condition I'd like to add: the bet is off if Wilson misses 5 or more games due to injury.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on March 09, 2022, 06:01:09 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 09, 2022, 05:58:57 PM

Just one condition I'd like to add: the bet is off if Wilson misses 5 or more games due to injury.

If it were money I'd say no. Words on "paper"? Sure.

thspfc

Oh, no. Amari Cooper. Gotta feel bad for the guy, getting traded to a team whose barely-above-replacement-level quarterback has found a way to significantly lower the productivity of every decent receiver he's ever played with.

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on March 12, 2022, 06:58:19 PM
Oh, no. Amari Cooper. Gotta feel bad for the guy, getting traded to a team whose barely-above-replacement-level quarterback has found a way to significantly lower the productivity of every decent receiver he's ever played with.

"Every" meaning just one (OBJ)?

thspfc

Quote from: webny99 on March 12, 2022, 09:32:56 PM
Quote from: thspfc on March 12, 2022, 06:58:19 PM

"Every" meaning just one (OBJ)?
Landry wants out.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.