News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Guilty pleasure movies or shows?

Started by OCGuy81, February 06, 2021, 09:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCGuy81

These are all awful, but I enjoy the hell out of:

Flash Gordon
The Room (2003....often called the Citizen Kane of bad movies)
Con Air
Roadhouse
Rocky IV

Shows? My wife and I used to watch a VH1 show called Rock of Love. Brett Michaels looking for love among aging groupies. It was a train wreck where

hbelkins

"Beverly Hills 90210" was such a show for me years ago.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Max Rockatansky

I love bad movies.  Is a short list with some of my favorites:

-  1970s Flash Gordon
-  Mortal Kombat Annihilation (Too bad you...will die!)
-  The Room (You're tearing me apart Lisa!...and hi doggie!)
-  Birdemic
-  The Happening (What?...no...)
-  Batman and Robin (Ice Puns)
-  Home Alone 2 (Tim Curry is Pennywide and Kevin is the Jigsaw Killer?)
-  The 1990s version of It
-  The 1990s version of The Stand
-  The Langoliers
-  Howard the Duck (first cannon Marvel movie?)
-  Jurassic Park 3 (Alan Raptor)
-  The Karate Kid 1-3 (Daniel is the real bully)

I am huge fan of older slasher movies for some reason.  I'm usually up for anything Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser or the like even when they are really bad.  There are some movies I'll probably watch if I see them on no matter what like; Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, The Thing, Alien, Alien 2, Godfather Part 2 and others I can't think of.

On the flip side I'm not really a TV fan and it is hard for me to really even get into stuff I might have nostalgia for.  I guess that I can't commit myself to sitting around for a long time for a plot that won't resolve?

vdeane

The Core is this for me.  Sure, it's one of the most scientifically inaccurate movies ever made... but it's just so much fun!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

OCGuy81

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 06, 2021, 09:50:57 PM

-  1970s Flash Gordon
-  Birdemic
-  The Langoliers

I am huge fan of older slasher movies for some reason.  I'm usually up for anything Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser or the like even when they are really bad.  There are some movies I'll probably watch if I see them on no matter what like; Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, The Thing, Alien, Alien 2, Godfather Part 2 and others I can't think of.

On the flip side I'm not really a TV fan and it is hard for me to really even get into stuff I might have nostalgia for.  I guess that I can't commit myself to sitting around for a long time for a plot that won't resolve?

Have you seen The Disaster Artist? Hilarious look at the making of The Room.

Oh hi Mark!

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: OCGuy81 on February 07, 2021, 10:59:01 AM

-  1970s Flash Gordon
-  Birdemic
-  The Langoliers

Oh hi Mark!

I haven't, I meant to go see it when it came out but missed it for some reason.  The Nostalgia Critic got me on that movie years ago. 

OCGuy81

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 07, 2021, 12:48:02 PM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on February 07, 2021, 10:59:01 AM

-  1970s Flash Gordon
-  Birdemic
-  The Langoliers

Oh hi Mark!

I haven't, I meant to go see it when it came out but missed it for some reason.  The Nostalgia Critic got me on that movie years ago. 

That's how I found out about The Room as well.

If you liked Doug's review, you'll enjoy The Disaster Artist. I think it's on Netflix. It was around Christmas I know

hbelkins

I guess I should have mentioned Jerry Springer and Maury Povich. The parade of human train wrecks that are paraded in front of the nation on those shows is kinda like gawking at a wreck.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.