News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Guess the speed limit challenge

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 09, 2021, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprjus4

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

sprjus4

jakeroot

I'm not going to guess, but the remaining possibilities certainly seem too high or too low, at least for what I see here.

Looking forward to getting some GSV imagery.

Bruce

It looks like a full-fledged freeway, so I'm going to guess 70 despite the shoulders being too narrow.

sprjus4

Quote from: Bruce on July 29, 2021, 09:38:45 PM
It looks like a full-fledged freeway, so I'm going to guess 70 despite the shoulders being too narrow.
Nope.

SkyPesos

sprjus4

riiga

sprjus4

jakeroot

Is there anyone left to guess?

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jakeroot on July 30, 2021, 12:52:47 PM
There are multiple numbers, but I can't guess again until this evening.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

doorknob60

Guess I'll throw in a guess for 45. (it's not my intention to wait for everyone else to guess before I do, just been away from the forum for a few days)

jakeroot

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on July 30, 2021, 01:21:37 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on July 30, 2021, 12:52:47 PM
There are multiple numbers, but I can't guess again until this evening.

I misinterpreted the rules as being a single guess until 24 hours has lapsed with no guessing from anyone. So I was thinking that no one was left to answer until the thread was dormant for a bit. Glad I read that wrong.

(I would have guessed 45 if I had to go again, but I can see doorknob60 has already thrown his hat in for that).

sprjus4

Quote from: doorknob60 on July 30, 2021, 02:07:41 PM
Guess I'll throw in a guess for 45. (it's not my intention to wait for everyone else to guess before I do, just been away from the forum for a few days)
Yup, it's US-17 Dominion Blvd in Chesapeake, VA.

The roadway was recently widened from a 2 lane roads to a 4 lane divided highway / expressway, and built to full freeway standards just north of this location. The entire project has a design speed of 60 mph, but due to the "traffic signals"  and a "school"  (that's not even directly on US-17 - the highway is limited access), the city refuses to post anything higher than 45 mph on this stretch. It's universally ignored, and everyone does 55+ mph anyways. The speed limit is 55 mph on either side of these two signals, and even then should be higher there (that's where people go 65+ mph).

If the speed limits were realistic, it would be 55 mph through here, and 65 mph everywhere else on US-17. And the traffic signal excuse is BS, given there's other roads in the city with signals and a 55 mph limit.

Roadgeekteen

doorknob60

Man, I should start writing some of these down, I think of good ideas then forget about them once it's my turn. Doesn't help a couple of my ideas had lousy 2009 Street View images that I don't want to use.

Anyways, this one's MPH:

Roadgeekteen

jakeroot

doorknob60

SkyPesos

doorknob60

andrepoiy

doorknob60

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.