Guess the speed limit challenge

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 09, 2021, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATraveler128

Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 96

kirbykart

It's giving me big New England vibes. This could be 35 mph.

webny99

Down we go, and I'll continue the trend...

30 mph?

Hunty2022

100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

cockroachking

Incorrect guesses:
30, 35, 40, 45, 50

algorerhythms

55 mph, then? Default state speed limit in both PA and NY...

cockroachking

algorerhythms

cockroachking

MATraveler128

Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 96

algorerhythms

Hunty2022

kirbykart

algorerhythms

webny99

algorerhythms

Quote50 km/h?

Yes. It is Shirley Drive, near Bingemans amusement park, in Kitchener, ON. It is a rather notorious speed trap.

Fun story from a couple of weeks ago: I was driving on that road, and the car in front of me (which was already going the speed limit) starts slowing down. We pass the cop and he speeds back up to the speed limit. He flashes his lights at some drivers coming the other way to warn them of the speed trap. Suddenly a cop car turns on their lights to pull him over. They had another car further down the road to watch for anyone warning other drivers.

webny99

Quote from: algorerhythms on November 10, 2022, 05:49:25 PM
Fun story from a couple of weeks ago: I was driving on that road, and the car in front of me (which was already going the speed limit) starts slowing down. We pass the cop and he speeds back up to the speed limit. He flashes his lights at some drivers coming the other way to warn them of the speed trap. Suddenly a cop car turns on their lights to pull him over. They had another car further down the road to watch for anyone warning other drivers.

Whoa... can you actually be ticketed in Ontario for warning other drivers? The bigger issue could have been that they were "obstructing traffic" by traveling below the speed limit.

webny99

Quote50 km/h?

Yes. It is Shirley Drive, near Bingemans amusement park, in Kitchener, ON. It is a rather notorious speed trap.

Nice! That does seem a bit low. Here is the next one, in mph:

Hunty2022

algorerhythms

Quote from: webny99 on November 10, 2022, 06:04:29 PM

Whoa... can you actually be ticketed in Ontario for warning other drivers? The bigger issue could have been that they were "obstructing traffic" by traveling below the speed limit.
I don't know if they were actually ticketed, or just given a "warning". I wasn't about to stick around to find out.

kphoger

Quote from: algorerhythms on November 10, 2022, 07:19:15 PM

Quote from: webny99 on November 10, 2022, 06:04:29 PM

I don't know if they were actually ticketed, or just given a "warning". I wasn't about to stick around to find out.

I don't know about Ontario, but many states prohibit flashing your lights as a courtesy to other drivers for any reason, except to warn of an hazardous condition or emergency.  For example, in Illinois...

Quote from: Illinois General Assembly
(625 ILCS 5/) Illinois Vehicle Code

§ 12-212 – Special restrictions on lamps

(b) Subject to the restrictions of this Act, flashing lights are prohibited on motor vehicles except as expressly authorized in this Chapter or as a means for indicating a right or left turn, lane change, or a maneuver of a vehicle from a direct course of travel as provided in Section 12-208 or the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring unusual care as expressly provided in Sections 11-804 or 12-215.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

7/8

Quote50 km/h?

Good choice, I used the same road a year ago. :-D

Quote from: 7/8 on December 01, 2021, 10:19:33 PM
Next challenge:
EDIT: In km/h and ends in zero.

https://i.postimg.cc/7YhSL8KF/Guess-the-Speed-Limit-Challenge.png

webny99

7/8

webny99

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.