News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Your favorite way to cook/eat eggs

Started by tchafe1978, November 26, 2021, 10:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchafe1978

What is your favorite way to cook/eat eggs? I usually eat eggs for breakfast 2-3 times per week. They're cheap, easy to make, and a good source of protein and other vitamins. I can't stand runny yolks, so I either hard boil them, scramble them, or fry them over hard. My number 1 option would be hard boiled, number 2 over hard, and number 3 scrambled. Hard boiled and scrambled I'll eat with buttered toast. Over hard I like to make egg sandwiches with cheese on toast.

Max Rockatansky

JayhawkCO

Fried over easy, poached, or soft boiled are my favorites, especially if fried in bacon grease.

on_wisconsin

"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

snowc

snowc

I like mine scrambled with cheese. Put butter on pan first, then crack an egg with sprinkling of cheese. Stir with spatula and viola!  :D

hotdogPi

Quote from: snowc on November 26, 2021, 01:05:28 PM
Stir with spatula and viola!  :D

That's a good way to ruin an expensive instrument.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

US 89

Sunny side up with runny yolks and a little Tabasco sauce on top. Even better if you have toast to dip in the runny yolks.

snowc

Quote from: US 89 on November 26, 2021, 01:59:49 PM
Sunny side up with runny yolks and a little Tabasco sauce on top. Even better if you have toast to dip in the runny yolks.
BIG yuck!  :ded: :-D

1995hoo

Scrambled, though sometimes instead of scrambling them in a bowl I make what's sometimes called "frambled" eggs, where you crack them into the frying pan and scramble them there.

I don't like runny eggs at all.

Sometimes I'll use Canceaux Sauce on eggs. I got a bottle as a free sample with an order of seafood from Maine last spring. I'm not always big on hot sauce, but that stuff is good.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: snowc on November 26, 2021, 01:04:08 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 26, 2021, 10:38:12 AM
Sunny side up and very runny.
Yuck.  :ded:

When I drank protein shakes I usually threw 2-3 raw eggs in there to given a thicker consistency and more protein.

allniter89

Scrambled sometimes dipped in ketchup, or omeleted. No particular ingredients in the omelet whatever I have in the house, usually green pepppers, onions, small diced tomaoes & pepperjack cheese YUM!!!
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

hbelkins

In something like cake batter.

I do not like eggs in any fashion -- scrambled, fried, boiled, deviled, or any other way.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Takumi

Incubated, then raised, then beheaded, then plucked, then cut up, then grilled.

Joke blatantly stolen from the late, great Mitch Hedberg.
https://youtu.be/Ku-PrCgVDG4
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.