News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

__________ is/are overrated.

Started by kphoger, April 28, 2022, 10:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

NC with its turning all freeways into interstates and proposing new corridors.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 30, 2022, 06:13:04 PM

Quote from: kphoger on December 30, 2022, 11:55:02 AM

Quote from: roadman65 on December 29, 2022, 05:42:15 PM
Also Let There Be Peace On Earth is a year round song about world peace but gets sometimes into the Christmas mix. 

That makes sense, though.  World peace is straight out of the Nativity story.

Quote from: Luke 2:12—14
"And this will be a sign for you: you will find a babe wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger."

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,

"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among men with whom he is pleased!"

Isn't it ironic, then, that the holiday season is probably the least peaceful time of most adults' lives?

And why is that?  hmmm....  Oh yeah!  It's because Christmas is overrated.   :clap:
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: skluth on December 31, 2022, 06:13:10 PM

Quote from: JayhawkCO on December 30, 2022, 12:16:21 PM

Quote from: kphoger on December 30, 2022, 12:13:34 PM
Overnight trains are overrated.  You don't get to see the landscape, and it's hard to stay asleep.

Sometimes not seeing the landscape is a perk.

Overnight trains may be perfect for every trip east out of Denver

Unless you're catching one from a point east of Denver.  I used to board at McCook (NE), and it was always in the god-awful middle of the night.  Same thing for the reverse trip, too (arriving).
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: roadman65 on January 03, 2023, 09:45:47 AM

North Carolina's interstate grid is very incomplete, what's wrong with that?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 03, 2023, 01:49:04 PM

What IS the point?  Mostly only grid perfectionists such as yourself want many of the corridors as Interstates. 

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 03, 2023, 01:52:45 PM

What IS the point?  Mostly only grid perfectionists such as yourself want many of the corridors as Interstates.

I'm not trying to turn this into a fictional highway grid thread. I'm just saying it's not like North Carolina has alot of interstates. It's a very big state which very large gaps in the system. Even the freeways themselves have lots of gaps, regardless of whether they are designated or not.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 03, 2023, 02:04:43 PM

I'm not trying to turn this into a fictional highway grid thread. I'm just saying it's not like North Carolina has alot of interstates. It's a very big state which very large gaps in the system. Even the freeways themselves have lots of gaps, regardless of whether they are designated or not.

And they should all be Interstates because why?

MultiMillionMiler

Never said that. It doesn't matter either way. It's not like North Carolina has too many is all I'm saying. That doesn't mean it needs more.

Max Rockatansky

You literally just said that the Interstate grid of North Carolina wasn't complete.  Sounds like you have lots of ideas and really want to share them with us in this thread. 

GaryV

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 03, 2023, 02:28:23 PM
... isn't overrated in my opinion. I have no personal opinion on it though.
Umm, do you listen to yourself or read what you are typing?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: GaryV on January 03, 2023, 02:32:53 PM

"I have no opinion about the opinion I just gave because I have no opinion."

kphoger

Wait a minute, did MultiDozenMiler just say that, even if he thinks a certain route should be an Interstate, that doesn't actually mean it should be turned into an Interstate?  Well, there's a clear distinction between him and FritzOwl!

But anyway, who is it that's supposedly rating North Carolina too highly because of its new Interstate proposals?  Nobody on this forum, that's for sure.
Male pronouns, please.

roadman65

Maybe that’s where you belong. You need to get off Long Island and move to North Carolina.  They do things your way.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 03, 2023, 02:36:08 PM
Quote from: GaryV on January 03, 2023, 02:32:53 PM

"I have no opinion about the opinion I just gave because I have no opinion."

I don't have a personal opinion about whatever future plans should be done. But the opinion I have is that what they have done so far is not over-rated, and nor would any future plans if they were done. It's not rocket science.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: kphoger on January 03, 2023, 02:52:33 PM
Wait a minute, did MultiDozenMiler just say that, even if he thinks a certain route should be an Interstate, that doesn't actually mean it should be turned into an Interstate?  Well, there's a clear distinction between him and FritzOwl!

But anyway, who is it that's supposedly rating North Carolina too highly because of its new Interstate proposals?  Nobody on this forum, that's for sure.

I usually only think many routes should become freeways, but not that all new freeways nor should become interstates. And while I care about the existing roads fitting the grid, I don't care about "using up" every number. Those are the 2 key differences.

kphoger

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 03, 2023, 03:11:36 PM
I don't have a personal opinion about whatever future plans should be done. But the opinion I have is that what they have done so far is not over-rated, and nor would any future plans if they were done. It's not rocket science.

I'm confused.  Are you saying that, no matter what future plans North Carolina, your preformed opinion is that they won't be overrated?  If so, then how is that not a personal opinion?  And if not, then that must mean you have a personal opinion about what sort of plan would or would not be overrated.
Male pronouns, please.

Scott5114

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 03, 2023, 02:12:17 PM

If it's a freeway, why not?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 03, 2023, 10:33:58 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 03, 2023, 02:12:17 PM

If it's a freeway, why not?

An explanation as to why requires an opinion.  As we already have established, MMM does not have an opinion about his opinion that he began to opine on.

jakeroot

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 03, 2023, 11:38:47 PM
An explanation as to why requires an opinion.  As we already have established, MMM does not have an opinion about his opinion that he began to opine on.

MultiMillionMiler

I don't have an opinion about North Carolina's future interstate plans. But what they have done so far isn't over-rated. Simple enough?

kphoger

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 03, 2023, 03:11:36 PM
But the opinion I have is that what they have done so far is not over-rated, and nor would any future plans if they were done. It's not rocket science.

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 09:01:48 AM
I don't have an opinion about North Carolina's future interstate plans. But what they have done so far isn't over-rated. Simple enough?

Yes, you do.  You've already opined that they're not overrated.  Even though you don't know what they are yet, you've already given your opinion about them.

Simple rocket science.
Male pronouns, please.

hbelkins

John Calipari's coaching ability.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Rothman

Quote from: hbelkins on January 07, 2023, 08:23:27 PM
John Calipari's coaching ability.
I was coached by him in basketball.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Bruce

Quote from: hbelkins on December 30, 2022, 10:20:29 PMthey chose the Zephyr to go west instead of a northern route because they'd get to see the Rockies.

...But the Empire Builder also crosses the Rockies.

Takumi

Drifting, as in the motorsport.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.