News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-95 Circle Tour

Started by ctsignguy, October 02, 2010, 10:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctsignguy

Well, no thanks to Alex and his one comment he made a couple of years ago, i have been trying to gather in I-95 shields from the States it ran through (That's right, Alex, I am blaming you!  :sombrero: )

What I have covered so far, south to north

Only counts because i got this in North Carolina...i am still looking for a State-named shield!

Neither fish nor fowl....i got the blue part from the DC sign shop back in '93, and had the rest manufactured. So i still need a proper DC shield

Can any of you guys help me locate the missing I-95 shields to complete this little fiasco, and vex my SO once again?  (N Hamp, Mass, NY, NJ, Del, DC, VA, and NC)

Thanks!
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Alex

I have a I-95 MD in that same style and got a I-95 DE manufactured from Garden State Highway Signs.

ctsignguy

Two questions for you....

1.  Was your Del I-95 silkscreened or stickied?

2. You refuse any responsibility for my new sign side-collection?  You cad!

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Michael in Philly

Quote from: ctsignguy on October 02, 2010, 10:43:50 AMCan any of you guys help me locate the missing I-95 shields to complete this little fiasco, and vex my SO once again?  (N Hamp, Mass, NY, NJ, Del, DC, VA, and NC)

Thanks!

By "locate," can I assume you don't mean scavenge in the wild in the middle of the night, particularly in rougher parts of Wilmington, Delaware?  Because there's (or was a year or two ago) a very faded non-neutered one on Lancaster Avenue (I think) - Del. 48 - a few blocks west of 95.

DISCLAIMER:  This post is not meant to encourage scavenging, in the middle of the night or otherwise.  But all and sundry can take photos of it.
RIP Dad 1924-2012.

Alps

Quote from: Michael in Philly on December 03, 2010, 03:10:09 AM
Quote from: ctsignguy on October 02, 2010, 10:43:50 AMCan any of you guys help me locate the missing I-95 shields to complete this little fiasco, and vex my SO once again?  (N Hamp, Mass, NY, NJ, Del, DC, VA, and NC)

Thanks!

By "locate," can I assume you don't mean scavenge in the wild in the middle of the night, particularly in rougher parts of Wilmington, Delaware?  Because there's (or was a year or two ago) a very faded non-neutered one on Lancaster Avenue (I think) - Del. 48 - a few blocks west of 95.

DISCLAIMER:  This post is not meant to encourage scavenging, in the middle of the night or otherwise.  But all and sundry can take photos of it.
There are at least three of these, by the way, along with two DEL. state route shields, all in Wilmington (two more than NJ has of its old style).  Good luck finding a Mass 95.  DC's still exist in the wild - yes original ones - but I don't recommend prying them off.

agentsteel53

Quote from: AlpsROADS on December 03, 2010, 03:34:56 PM(two more than NJ has of its old style)

there's two '57 spec I-95 shields in NJ?  I know of the one that's on the same gantry as the GSP and cutout US-46 markers; where is the other?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

Quote from: agentsteel53 on December 03, 2010, 04:10:25 PM
Quote from: AlpsROADS on December 03, 2010, 03:34:56 PM(two more than NJ has of its old style)

there's two '57 spec I-95 shields in NJ?  I know of the one that's on the same gantry as the GSP and cutout US-46 markers; where is the other?
I think you misread... there are two DEL. state route shields and zero N.J. state route shields of the cutout circle variety.

SteveG1988

If you get lucky you can ask NJDOT for some old ones when 95 in NJ gets renumbered to 195
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.