News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Hello from Columbus, OH

Started by Central Avenue, January 24, 2011, 04:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Central Avenue

Hey there. I'm a young college student from Columbus, Ohio (not OSU, though). I've been interested in roads since I was a child. I used to still draw guide signs for imaginary highways in my free time. I actually don't have a driver's license yet, so I don't get to do a lot of travel. That's why most of my roadgeek-related photos and information are about the roads here in Central Ohio.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I didn't take my name from any one street in particular. I wanted something kinda generic (that, and this the name I use on other sites).
Routewitches. These children of the moving road gather strength from travel . . . Rather than controlling the road, routewitches choose to work with it, borrowing its strength and using it to make bargains with entities both living and dead. -- Seanan McGuire, Sparrow Hill Road

6a

Man, we're getting a Columbus posse up in here.  Welcome!

ctsignguy

Welcome aboard....and you will find quite a few of us Columbus folks here
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

mightyace

Welcome.

I've never lived in Columbus, but I pass through it a few times a year going between Tennessee and my dad's house in Pennsylvania.  So, I've got some familiarity with the area.  And, I love Micro Center!
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Dr Frankenstein

Welcome!

Drawing guide signs is one of my roadgeek pastimes too.

andytom

Quote from: ctsignguy on January 24, 2011, 07:24:36 PM
Welcome aboard....and you will find quite a few of us Columbus folks here

and former Columbus folks.

Henry

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on January 24, 2011, 11:29:05 PM
Welcome!

Drawing guide signs is one of my roadgeek pastimes too.

As well as marking up old maps with fictional highways...

Welcome from a fellow newbie in Seattle!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

njroadhorse

Welcome from New Jersey! I do want to get back to Columbus at some point in my life
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Ian

Welcome from the City of Brotherly Love! Like you, I like to draw fictitious signs, however mine are recreations of signs on freeways that already exist. But anyway, hope you enjoy it here!
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Been on Central Ave. over by Franklinton? If you're not attending OSU, that mean you attend Capital, Ohio Dominican, or Otterbein?
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Central Avenue

Columbus State, actually. I'm hoping to transfer sometime next year.
Routewitches. These children of the moving road gather strength from travel . . . Rather than controlling the road, routewitches choose to work with it, borrowing its strength and using it to make bargains with entities both living and dead. -- Seanan McGuire, Sparrow Hill Road

Dr Frankenstein

Quote from: PennDOTFan on January 25, 2011, 03:34:34 PM
Welcome from the City of Brotherly Love! Like you, I like to draw fictitious signs, however mine are recreations of signs on freeways that already exist. But anyway, hope you enjoy it here!
So are mine. And I try to improve them, design them by my own standards, etc...

vtk

I didn't realize there were already a few Columbusites here! Whee!
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

JCinSummerfield

Welcome! Love the avatar!

busman_49

Welcome from Columbus, OH as well

corco

Welcome from another Columbus native!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.