News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Most Bizarre Cars?

Started by bulkyorled, May 04, 2012, 10:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulkyorled

What have i just witnessed....
Anyone see any weird cars like this driving around your area? Maybe not covered in xmas lights but you get the idea
Your local illuminated sign enthusiast

Signs Im looking for: CA only; 1, 2, 14, 118, 134, 170, 210 (CA), and any california city illuminated sign.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

bulkyorled

bleh thats ugly aha Theres a Scion xB stretch near me that looks like that minus the third axle. Same color and everything!

Signs Im looking for: CA only; 1, 2, 14, 118, 134, 170, 210 (CA), and any california city illuminated sign.

Takumi

Somewhere on my computer is a picture of a minivan that was "stretched" by fusing a front, middle, and rear section of different vans.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Ian

I saw this car at the 2011 Philadelphia Auto Show...

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

bugo

This is a regular production car, not a show car or prototype.

Scott5114

I always consider those cars that look like toasters on wheels to be pretty bizarre.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hobsini2

How about the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile? I see it around Chicago about 4 or 5 times a year.
http://www.reedberry.com/wmob001.jpg
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

D-Dey65

Quote from: bugo on May 05, 2012, 12:02:57 AM
This is a regular production car, not a show car or prototype.

I knew a neighbor who had a '61 Fury Station Wagon years ago.

If you want bizarre, just check out some of the trailer configurations I've seen over the past decade or so. Lots of 5th Wheel trailers with smaller trailers behind them or occasionally other cars on tow bars or dolleys as dinghies, but on my last road trip up north, I actually saw somebody driving a Freightliner tow vehicle towing a 5th Wheel trailer, which itself was towing a first generation Volkswagen bus on a tow bar. I tried to snap a picture of it as I stopped at the South Carolina Welcome Center on I-95, but the damn camera battery died on me!

:banghead:

bulkyorled

Wow @ that America car... that's kinda neat though. It doesnt look like those shitty spray painted ones people do

txstateends

Unfortunately I don't have a pic, but a guy I knew for a time had one, the back 1/2 was a Ford Expedition, the front 1/2 was the Mercedes that had the oval headlights with the yellow "eyelid" (sorry I don't know my Benz models).... a very trippy vehicle to say the least.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Takumi

On Craigslist once, I saw an ad for a 5th generation Honda Prelude that had a rear end from an R33 Nissan Skyline...a "Skylude" if you will. It actually looked really good, but the ad didn't last long.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

mgk920

Quote from: hobsini2 on May 06, 2012, 05:49:00 AM
How about the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile? I see it around Chicago about 4 or 5 times a year.
http://www.reedberry.com/wmob001.jpg

Oscar Mayer has six of them that tour the USA, all registered here in Wisconsin (Oscar Mayer is HQed in Madison, WI).  It is one of the most familiar advertising icons of the mid-20th century and later and competition among university-level marketing students to staff them is fierce.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.