News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

AARoads Page Updates

Started by Alex, January 19, 2009, 08:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myosh_tino

Quote from: AARoads on September 23, 2010, 06:47:02 PM
Finished creating pages and adding photos of Interstate 5 northbound from Everett to Blaine. Outside of some Portland area photos of I-5 north in Oregon, everything for I-5 northbound from end to end is currently online.
Just wondering if there is any chance AARoads was going to head "north of the border"? 

I know Baja California has been covered (at least the extreme northern portion) so seeing the I-5 guide now complete to the Canadian border makes me wonder if AARoads is going to cover BC-99 to Vancouver, B.C.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Alex

Added southbound coverage of Interstate 5 from Blaine to the Snohomish County line in Washington:

I-5 south Whatcom County
I-5 south Skagit County

Alex

Alex

Left Interstate 5 in this round of updates, new pages for:
U.S. 2, Washington 525 and Washington 529.

Alex

Last update for a bit, created pages for Washington 520, which was a bit more involved than I thought given all of the projects underway or slated for the near future.

Alex

Added pages for Washington 99 north and south, covering the entire Alaskan Way Viaduct in each direction.

Also started a Seattle road page covering Washington 523, Washington 599 and a few surface roads.

There is more to add to that page from around downtown and I hope to have a map for it too. Seems like as I do these pages, so much has changed or will change roadwise in the area. A new alignment for Washington 519, a major redesign for the Mercer Street corridor, what I wrote about last week involving rebuilding Washington 520, etc. Factor in decommissionings of Washington 903, Washington 99 between Washington 519 and 599, and who knows what else...  :hmm:

Alex

Compiled a page covering Washington 519 between the ferry terminal and Interstate 90's west end. Do not have photos of the Atlantic Street/Edgar Martinez Drive stretch however, as we drove Royal Brougham Way between Qwest and Safeco Fields, and that is no longer a part of SR 519. Anyone have a photo of the new Atlantic Avenue off-ramp of Interstate 90 west?

Alex

New pages for Washington 509, Washington 518 and the West Seattle Bridge / Spokane Street Viaduct added. That rounds out all of the Seattle area non-Interstate highway coverage...

Alex

Finished Interstate 5 south from the West Seattle Bridge through to Tacoma, added pages for Washington 16, generally showing construction for freeway modernization and the new eastbound Tacoma Narrows Bridge, and just completed guides for Interstate 405 (all of northbound, part of southbound). So much work is going on in the Seattle area, that more and more of these photos are out of date, but what you can do!  :meh:

Interstate 405 south at the Wilburton Tunnel, Gone as of August 16th, 2008!  :hyper:

Alex

Started adding Interstate 90 material for Washington state. Posted photos of Eastbound from its beginning to Exit 18 (have eastbound coverage through to I-82 in the queue). May split the King County page into two parts when I continue.

Alex

Finished adding photos for Interstate 90 east in King County and created two pages for Interstate 90 west in King County.

https://www.aaroads.com/guide.php?page=i0090wa

Done with Seattle and after adding some I-705/WA 7 stuff, done with Tacoma...

Alex

Added photos of both directions of Interstate 705, including the approaches on the Washington 7 freeway and Schuster Parkway.

Alex

Earlier today added a focus page covering Olympia and short guides for U.S. 101 and Washington 906.

Alex

The last of our Interstate 5 photos from Washington are now posted.

Alex

Updates the past week include new pages for Interstate 205 and Washington 14 and a split of the Interstate 405 page in Portland to north and southbound guides. Will be focusing on converting and updating the Interstate 5 and 205 Oregon pages to match those in Washington in the coming weeks.

Also finished up (finally :crazy:) adding photos to the U.S. 50/301 freeway in Maryland, taking eastbound from MD-8 to MD-662 and revising westbound from the merge with US 301 to MD-8.

froggie

Quoteto MD-662

Which one, since there are 2 of them?

Alex

Quote from: froggie on November 20, 2010, 07:30:03 AM
Quoteto MD-662

Which one, since there are 2 of them?

The beginning of it west of Chesapeake College. We took MD-662 south to Wye Mills to get that county for Andy.

froggie

Beginning of the Wye Mills one then.  The one further south is completely separate...hence the question.

Alex

Expanded the southbound Interstate 5 page to cover the entire stretch through Portland, Oregon and added a short page for I-5 between Portland and I-205. Earlier in the week added or replaced northbound Interstate 5 photos from Salem to the Washington state line.

Alex

I converted all of the Alabama pages into the new format in preparation to make some updates. Found several errors and missing photos; those are corrected now. Still many pages and captions well out of date, but will get to those as we add/revise material. New material includes coverage of Escambia County, Alabama (U.S. 29, U.S. 31, AL-21, AL-41, AL-113, etc.) and needed updates to Baldwin County, Alabama starting with both directions of U.S. 31. Maps were culled from a geodatabase I built for the Gulf Coast for roads/guides in Baldwin, Escambia, and Mobile Counties as well.

Alex

Revised both east and westbound guides for U.S. 90 in Baldwin County, Alabama. Also added/replaced some photos of eastbound U.S. 90 in Mobile County, Alabama from three separate trips in 2010.

Alex

Updated most of our south Baldwin pages for Alabama (except Alabama 59, which will happen soon). Revised the pages for Alabama 161, 180 and 182, split Alabama 135 from the Gulf Coast page onto its own guide. Re-edited all 2004 photos, added coverage of County Roads 4, 6, 8, and 10 to the Alabama Gulf Coast guide from 2006 (when I conducted field research for Mapsource).

Also finally updated the Foley Beach Express (correcting some glaring errors from the .... days of 2004), including splitting the north and southbound photos into separate pages. Added photos of the 1.5-mile Baldwin Beach Express opened in 2009. Construction is already underway for the four-lane road at County Road 64, so we will have to check back when new the next section opens this year.

I also tweaked the south Baldwin maps a bit too.

Will, I will try to get some of your Hampton Roads photos posted soon!

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Alex

Shifted focus back on Virginia and added some of Will's photos of Interstates 64 and 264, U.S. 17 at VA-168 and a handful of other pics. Will be updating/expanding Interstate 664 next with his southbound photos.

Thanks Will! Your photos updated a vastly out of date series of pages.

I may add some additional VA photos taken last year or shift back to Alabama or Oregon in my next set of updates.

Alex

Added/replaced photos from the split with Interstate 895 in Baltimore southward to Maryland 212 and at the Woodrow Wilson Bridge on Interstate 95 southbound. New photos taken between late June and early July.

Added 15 photos of Interstate 64 east from I-295 to the split with VA-33.

Revised the I-664 pages and split them into north and southbound guides with the addition of Will's southbound pics.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.