News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Thanks for the free road maps

Started by bugo, June 29, 2012, 02:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I would like to thank my friends (you know who you are, you can speak up if you like) for sending me a package of maps.  I got several Australia maps, a bunch of old Dallas maps, and a couple others.  Thanks, guys.

BigMattFromTexas

Sweet bro. I just started my yearly rounds again. A whole lot of Googling, and address typing!
Sounds like some good nabs.
BigMatt

Alps

Man, I'd love Australia maps. That's cool. I like your map boxes.

Scott5114

Quote from: Steve on June 29, 2012, 08:40:54 PM

Map boxes, eh? Care to elaborate?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alps

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 30, 2012, 12:26:47 AM
Quote from: Steve on June 29, 2012, 08:40:54 PM

Map boxes, eh? Care to elaborate?
He has boxes of maps. I keep mine on a shelf.

kendancy66

I read that to mean that his Austrailia maps have a unique packaging feature built in

Scott5114

Oh. I've been looking for a better means of organization than the ubiquitous shoebox-o'-maps...but haven't found one yet. Thought maybe there was something special about his boxes.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Takumi

I keep mine in a large envelope for the time being. Once I get more I'll get a box or something.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I kept mine organized by location in manila folders in a file cabinet.
Best (unorthodox) method of organizing maps I've seen; Dave Schul keeps his in an old library index card catalog unit.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

txstateends

I was on a brief eBay map merry-go-round late last year, and probably have over 1000 maps now (I haven't had the time to catalog or organize them yet) ...I'd been using short plastic boxes that would fit under a bed before the eBay-ing, but I realized I needed more, so I found some that are narrower--almost the exact width of a folded road map's length--online at Walmart's website.  They didn't have just 1, you have to order 6 of each.  And that's how they came, in a big cardboard box, 6 of them with lids.  But, I'll probably need that many to cover all the different maps I now have.  I've been lazy about getting them organized, but I need to pick a weekend or 2 and get it done so I'll know what I have and how much.

I had to stop the merry-go-round early this year when I realized I wasn't up-to-date on rent and bills :-o ... I can always go back to collecting more later, especially after arranging what I have so far.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

US71

Quote from: Takumi on June 30, 2012, 10:36:57 PM
I keep mine in a large envelope for the time being. Once I get more I'll get a box or something.

I have plastic boxes I keep my "savers" in. I use a Sterlite 15Qt "Clear View" box. I have one for each of the 3 primary states I collect (Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois) and another for miscellaneous maps. There are also plastic bags you can out maps in (much like comic bags).

The maps I'm not saving are basically sitting in a big cardboard box waiting to to be sorted for e-bay. ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.