News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Oregon on the Potomac River?

Started by cpzilliacus, April 14, 2013, 11:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

Looks like someone used an Oregon shield on this back-lit sign on South Walter Reed Drive at Va. 120 (South Glebe Road) in Arlington County.

Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

luokou

Looks like this is the only way that that the actual OR-120 could be signed... if it's another state's error shield.   :pan:

xonhulu

Quote from: luokou on April 17, 2013, 01:01:47 AM
Looks like this is the only way that that the actual OR-120 could be signed... if it's another state's error shield.   :pan:

Unless they actually extend OR 120 down to meet BYP 30, I really see no reason that OR 120 should be signed as a state route.  It really doesn't go anywhere important. 

And since ODOT relinquished maintenance over all of it except one bridge and some ramps, I'm a little surprised the route hasn't been abolished -- bureaucratic indifference is likely the only reason it still exists on paper.

Takumi

There are a pair of OR 157 shields approaching VA 157.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Takumi on April 17, 2013, 06:15:00 PM
There are a pair of OR 157 shields approaching VA 157.

I don't think the Virginia shield is that difficult to "get right."  And it does not look that much like the Oregon shield.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.