News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Old misc.transport.road reader here

Started by mrose, April 19, 2013, 02:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrose

Hi, it's Matt here. I used to be a moderately active poster on misc.transport.road about 10-12 years ago under the name "Bartron". I spent most of my formative years in and around Lincoln, Nebraska and various parts of Wisconsin. I went to live in Australia for a few years and kind of fell off the radar. I came back and settled in the Denver area where I am now.

I don't really read usenet anymore and haven't for some time, so it was nice to see a lot of old MTR names that I recognize over here on a forum.

usends

Thought I would say "hi" Matt, since we have some things in common: I too am a former m.t.r. user, and I also live in Denver.  Anyway, welcome to the forum.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

froggie

With the slow death of M.T.R., a fair number of folks gravitated to these forums.  It didn't hurt that AARoads had well-established themselves back during MTR's heyday.

hbelkins

I just posted about m.t.r's comatose state over there yesterday. Got some unwanted attention from Carl Rogers.  :-D

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Brandon

Welcome Matt, yet another m.t.r. escapee here as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

roadman

Welcome Matt.  I gave up on both m.t.r. and ne.transportation almost three years ago, but didn't find out about AA Roads until early 2011.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

mgk920

Welcome abroad!

I was a very active poster in MTR back in the day, too.

:cool:

Mike

andy3175

We're glad to have you, Matt. Welcome!

Regards,
Andy
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.