Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Minor things that bother you

<< < (893/986) > >>

kphoger:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on July 01, 2022, 06:38:12 PM ---In the absence of hot water, one can microwave some water to get a cup hot enough to brew tea, although that presupposes you have a microwave-safe cup (and something to put in it to keep the water from superheating, which is a concern when microwaving water). If you're going to go to the lengths to bring those with you, you may as well just get an electric kettle and bring that.

If you can find one of those 5-gallon office-style "water cooler" dispensers that has a working hot water tap, it usually makes water hot enough for brewing something in. But I don't know that they're too common in hotels, and in my experience, the hot water side is often the first to break and rarely gets repaired.

--- End quote ---

None of those options generally work for a hotel breakfast area type situation.  Maybe the microwave.

Scott5114:

--- Quote from: kphoger on July 01, 2022, 07:44:35 PM ---None of those options generally work for a hotel breakfast area type situation.  Maybe the microwave.

--- End quote ---

My general strategy is to retrieve whatever breakfast options look appealing and bring the food back to the room to eat in private. I assume I'm not the only one who does this. Granted, that's not feasible if one is traveling with a large party, but I don't.

US 89:
Google Maps’s terrain view shades south-facing slopes a darker color than north-facing slopes with the same steepness. This is simply wrong. In the northern hemisphere, where Google and the vast majority of its users are located, the sun illuminates south-facing aspects more.

zachary_amaryllis:

--- Quote from: kphoger on July 01, 2022, 08:37:17 AM ---When a bar of soap gets down to just a little sliver.  Throwing it away makes me feel like I'm wasteful, but I know at some point it's going to break apart and be practically useless.  And, when it does, I'm inevitable going to be in the shower and in no mood to go hunt down another bar of soap.

--- End quote ---

If the soap is still viable, just small, it becomes handwarshing soap.

formulanone:

--- Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on July 03, 2022, 02:31:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: kphoger on July 01, 2022, 08:37:17 AM ---When a bar of soap gets down to just a little sliver.  Throwing it away makes me feel like I'm wasteful, but I know at some point it's going to break apart and be practically useless.  And, when it does, I'm inevitable going to be in the shower and in no mood to go hunt down another bar of soap.

--- End quote ---

If the soap is still viable, just small, it becomes handwarshing soap.

--- End quote ---

Or just soap for a scrubbing brush.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version