Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Minor things that bother you

<< < (895/987) > >>

kkt:

--- Quote from: kurumi on July 07, 2022, 06:27:31 PM ---If Cthulhu stomps your house, claim will probably be denied as "An act of Elder God"

If Superman used the internet, Facebook/Google/etc. would have figured out he's Clark Kent via browser fingerprinting / IP address / etc.

--- End quote ---

Superman uses an IP forwarding service.

hbelkins:
Related to "smol," which I saw used to describe a font on a speed limit sign in "There is NO way that is MUTCD-Compliant" yesterday...

thicc

What's the point of the intentional misspelling?

mgk920:

--- Quote from: CtrlAltDel on July 03, 2022, 07:34:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: formulanone on July 03, 2022, 10:25:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on July 03, 2022, 02:31:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: kphoger on July 01, 2022, 08:37:17 AM ---When a bar of soap gets down to just a little sliver.  Throwing it away makes me feel like I'm wasteful, but I know at some point it's going to break apart and be practically useless.  And, when it does, I'm inevitable going to be in the shower and in no mood to go hunt down another bar of soap.

--- End quote ---

If the soap is still viable, just small, it becomes handwarshing soap.

--- End quote ---

Or just soap for a scrubbing brush.

--- End quote ---

I always just stick the sliver to a new bar of soap.

--- End quote ---

That's pretty much what I do, too.  I was a bit peeved about 8-10 years ago when Dial changed the shape of their soap bars (they did NOT aim the 'shrink ray' at them, though  :wow: ), making that process a bit harder.   :banghead:

I also have a commercial grade liquid soap dispenser that I also found to be a good way of disposing of some otherwise useless old slivers and bars of motel soap.  I just unwrapped them and tossed them in with its usual supply of generic liquid soap where over time, they soaked in the liquid soap, broke apart, dissolved and were used with the liquid soap.

Mike

JayhawkCO:

--- Quote from: mgk920 on July 08, 2022, 03:12:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: kphoger on July 01, 2022, 08:37:17 AM ---When a bar of soap gets down to just a little sliver.  Throwing it away makes me feel like I'm wasteful, but I know at some point it's going to break apart and be practically useless.  And, when it does, I'm inevitable going to be in the shower and in no mood to go hunt down another bar of soap.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

That's pretty much what I do, too.  I was a bit peeved about 8-10 years ago when Dial changed the shape of their soap bars (they did NOT aim the 'shrink ray' at them, though  :wow: ), making that process a bit harder.   :banghead:

Mike

--- End quote ---

Body wash instead? It's way easier.

mgk920:

--- Quote from: JayhawkCO on July 08, 2022, 03:20:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: mgk920 on July 08, 2022, 03:12:55 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Mike

--- End quote ---

Body wash instead? It's way easier.

--- End quote ---

And Much more expensive.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version