National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

RDU Meet-Spring 2022??

<< < (2/11) > >>

CanesFan27:
I would suggest 885 (really the connector is going to be blink and you miss it) and drive down to Fuquay and tour the 540 construction between there and 40 in Garner.

Alps:

--- Quote from: CanesFan27 on March 06, 2021, 08:56:13 PM ---I would suggest 885 (really the connector is going to be blink and you miss it) and drive down to Fuquay and tour the 540 construction between there and 40 in Garner.

--- End quote ---
You had mentioned something to me about 440 as well. Not familiar with what's still ongoing, thought they finished those improvements.

CanesFan27:

--- Quote from: Alps on March 06, 2021, 09:53:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: CanesFan27 on March 06, 2021, 08:56:13 PM ---I would suggest 885 (really the connector is going to be blink and you miss it) and drive down to Fuquay and tour the 540 construction between there and 40 in Garner.

--- End quote ---
You had mentioned something to me about 440 as well. Not familiar with what's still ongoing, thought they finished those improvements.

--- End quote ---

440 is being widened from Wade Ave to 40.  I'm not sure if there are any good vantage points of it versus just a drive-thru (Granted I'm in Charlotte now so I haven't been on it in two years)  There's the pedestrian bridge/bike trail that is over 440 at Wade Avenue but it's not that easily accessible for a meet.  Have to walk a bit from either the Museum of Art or Meredith College to get there.

froggie:

--- Quote from: CanesFan27 on March 06, 2021, 10:17:50 PM ---440 is being widened from Wade Ave to 40.  I'm not sure if there are any good vantage points of it versus just a drive-thru (Granted I'm in Charlotte now so I haven't been on it in two years)  There's the pedestrian bridge/bike trail that is over 440 at Wade Avenue but it's not that easily accessible for a meet.  Have to walk a bit from either the Museum of Art or Meredith College to get there.

--- End quote ---

There's a trail parking lot a half-mile from the bridge on Horton St.  We've had past precedent for such walks at meets.

One could also probably park at the Whole Foods at Wade & Ridge.  Similar distance as the trail parking lot and there's a trail connection from that intersection.

74/171FAN:

--- End quote ---

My issue with heading towards Garner is how long it would take, but since it is summer, we will have plenty of daylight.  When I had my internship at NCDOT in Morrisville, I stayed south of Garner (along NC 50), and it took a good 40 minutes to get to/from the office every day.

I will definitely look further into it.

--- Quote from: froggie on March 07, 2021, 09:44:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: CanesFan27 on March 06, 2021, 10:17:50 PM ---440 is being widened from Wade Ave to 40.  I'm not sure if there are any good vantage points of it versus just a drive-thru (Granted I'm in Charlotte now so I haven't been on it in two years)  There's the pedestrian bridge/bike trail that is over 440 at Wade Avenue but it's not that easily accessible for a meet.  Have to walk a bit from either the Museum of Art or Meredith College to get there.

--- End quote ---

There's a trail parking lot a half-mile from the bridge on Horton St.  We've had past precedent for such walks at meets.

One could also probably park at the Whole Foods at Wade & Ridge.  Similar distance as the trail parking lot and there's a trail connection from that intersection.

--- End quote ---

This may seal the addition of I-440.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version