National Boards > Bridges

Las Vegas 'temporary' bridge(s) for F1 race

(1/7) > >>

rickmastfan67:
Found this interesting.  They built temporary bridges for normal traffic over the route of the F1 race once the 'track' goes hot.

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1724552254735495229

Definitely something you don't see everyday.

Supposedly they'll also put it in storage for the next F1 race there next year!

Big John:
I read that the race didn't attract nearly enough spectators nor receive nearly enough revenue as expected.   Are they going to do this again?

Bruce:

--- Quote from: Big John on November 14, 2023, 11:25:41 PM ---I read that the race didn't attract nearly enough spectators nor receive nearly enough revenue as expected.   Are they going to do this again?

--- End quote ---

It hasn't even taken place yet.

Big John:
Hmm they conveniently left that part out.  It said organizers and hotels were trying to charge exorbitant rares and needed to greatly reduce prices due to lack of demand.

US 89:
I was going to say, isn’t it this weekend?

Potentially a bigger issue will be the weather. The race will start at 10 pm local time so that it can be shown on morning TV in Europe, which will likely make for the coldest F1 race in history. There will also be a threat for substantial amounts of rain during the race and on the days leading up to it.

Honestly I feel like F1 is getting exactly what they asked for here. Clearly the goal was not to cater to the American fans or get more Americans into F1 with a hyped up race in Vegas. Otherwise 1) pricing would have been a bit more affordable and 2) they could have easily had the race in the early morning, which would make for afternoon viewing in Europe and morning viewing in the rest of the US (when F1 is usually on). This was obviously viewed as a rich Europeans’ getaway.

A lot of Las Vegas residents are none too happy with how long the construction process and associated disruptions have dragged on for. Especially given that the race won’t mean all that much to the average viewer since Max Verstappen has already clinched the season championship. Plus the drivers themselves aren’t all too impressed with the track, so there probably won’t be much in the way of exciting racing anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version