AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: 2021 meets  (Read 12426 times)

A.J. Bertin

• Last Login: July 29, 2021, 07:31:02 PM
Re: 2021 meets
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2021, 06:36:27 AM »

The list at the top of this thread has been updated to reflect the latest updates to the road-meet schedule for 2021.  If anyone has any updates to share regarding any meets they are planning to host, or thinking of hosting, please chime in with whatever updates you have.  Thanks!
Please don't delete my meet. It started as an April Fools joke but I am making sure it's actually held. That is the true fooling.

My apologies... I wasn't aware that this meet is actually coming to fruition.  Cool!
-A.J. from Michigan

vdeane

• Last Login: July 30, 2021, 09:24:45 PM
    • New York State Roads
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2021, 12:38:32 PM »

I don't want to put pressure on anyone, but at work they're getting worried about the possibility of a flood of people taking lots of vacation in the fall, so they're trying to get people to put in their vacation requests as early as possible (I literally just sent an email detailing all my plans for anything more major than local appointments from now through the end of March 2022).  As such, if we could have a date for the Cumberland meet sooner rather than later, it would be appreciated.  Wilmington and West Irondequoit are already on my calendar.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kevinb1994

• Last Login: July 30, 2021, 11:09:52 PM
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2021, 04:37:36 PM »

I don't want to put pressure on anyone, but at work they're getting worried about the possibility of a flood of people taking lots of vacation in the fall, so they're trying to get people to put in their vacation requests as early as possible (I literally just sent an email detailing all my plans for anything more major than local appointments from now through the end of March 2022).  As such, if we could have a date for the Cumberland meet sooner rather than later, it would be appreciated.  Wilmington and West Irondequoit are already on my calendar.
Seconded, I may have to back out of the planned Cumberland meet and perhaps opt for Geneís planned San Antonio meet (I havenít really heard if he is going forward with the meet or not-can someone please provide an update?) if a date hasnít been picked by the time summer is already in full swing and Labor Day is getting near. I also have in mind the planned NW Chicagoland meet, which would make it three and-a-half years since I was last in Illinois.

A.J. Bertin

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2021, 05:31:51 PM »

Seconded, I may have to back out of the planned Cumberland meet and perhaps opt for Geneís planned San Antonio meet (I havenít really heard if he is going forward with the meet or not-can someone please provide an update?) if a date hasnít been picked by the time summer is already in full swing and Labor Day is getting near.

My understanding from Gene is that he's still planning on hosting San Antonio on October 2.  I was planning on attending San Antonio, but something in my personal life came up unexpectedly that weekend which means I will no longer be able to attend that one.  Kind of a bummer for me, but the fact that I can't make it to San Antonio greatly increases the odds that I'll be able to attend Cumberland.  I'm also eagerly awaiting an announcement on the date of the Cumberland meet.
-A.J. from Michigan

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: July 30, 2021, 10:29:39 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2021, 05:48:41 PM »

I'm in for Davenport. Everything else is contingent on money and time.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kevinb1994

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2021, 07:41:12 AM »

Seconded, I may have to back out of the planned Cumberland meet and perhaps opt for Geneís planned San Antonio meet (I havenít really heard if he is going forward with the meet or not-can someone please provide an update?) if a date hasnít been picked by the time summer is already in full swing and Labor Day is getting near.

My understanding from Gene is that he's still planning on hosting San Antonio on October 2.  I was planning on attending San Antonio, but something in my personal life came up unexpectedly that weekend which means I will no longer be able to attend that one.  Kind of a bummer for me, but the fact that I can't make it to San Antonio greatly increases the odds that I'll be able to attend Cumberland.  I'm also eagerly awaiting an announcement on the date of the Cumberland meet.
Good, thanks for the update! Iím sorry to hear that, but at least you still have a chance to attend a meet.

kevinb1994

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2021, 07:42:27 AM »

I'm in for Davenport. Everything else is contingent on money and time.
Pretty much the same on our end here, as the window has closed on us attending meets until later in the year. I wonít be at Davenport next weekend, BTW
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:02:25 AM by kevinb1994 »

Laura

• Mrs. MD Roads

• Last Login: July 24, 2021, 01:12:35 AM
    • MD Roads
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2021, 08:51:44 AM »

Saturday, October 9th (Columbus Day Weekend) is my strong preference. I know this is only a week after San Antonio and is on the border of being the beginning of peak leaf season in Western MD...but I have that Monday off, which logistically makes hosting this meet significantly easier for me.

I plan to create the official meet thread later this evening.

A.J. Bertin

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2021, 01:50:13 PM »

Saturday, October 9th (Columbus Day Weekend) is my strong preference. I know this is only a week after San Antonio and is on the border of being the beginning of peak leaf season in Western MD...but I have that Monday off, which logistically makes hosting this meet significantly easier for me.

Awesome!  If you go with October 9, there's a decent chance I'll be able to be there.  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

vdeane

• Last Login: July 30, 2021, 09:24:45 PM
    • New York State Roads
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2021, 03:03:28 PM »

October 9 sounds great.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kevinb1994

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2021, 10:40:52 PM »

Itíll be two days before my birthday, but Iím going to unfortunately decline in part due to some rural driving that Iím not quite up to driving yet. Cumberland isnít really easy to approach from the southeast (nor is it easy to approach from the northwest!), and no, Iím not gonna waste time trying to take Amtrakís Capitol Limited and Silver Service (having to change trains in DC isnít something I appreciate-nor do I want to head across town and take Amtrak up to DCís Union Station). Flying wonít work, as the DC and Pittsburgh airports are all 2 or so hours from the meet. And while I have used Metrorail in the past (even transferring between Metrorail lines, which isnít a big deal), I still wonít deal with having to transfer between that and the Capitol Limited at DCís Union Station (despite having used the Red Line).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 11:07:00 PM by kevinb1994 »

A.J. Bertin

« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2021, 10:03:16 AM »

I figured I'd take a moment to refresh this thread and update the list of 2021 meets to reflect my current understanding.  One thing I did was cross off the Plattsburgh/Clinton County NY meet for this year with the understanding that the host is postponing it.

I haven't heard anything new about either the Oneonta NY or Jackson MI meets, but I figured I'd keep them on the 2021 list for now.  For the hosts of those tentative meets, do either of you by chance have any further updates on when or if you still think you might host those meets this year?
-A.J. from Michigan

Hot Rod Hootenanny

• Diplomat of Solid Sound

• Last Login: July 30, 2021, 10:49:39 PM
    • 20th Century roadfan material
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2021, 09:45:17 PM »

I figured I'd take a moment to refresh this thread and update the list of 2021 meets to reflect my current understanding.  One thing I did was cross off the Plattsburgh/Clinton County NY meet for this year with the understanding that the host is postponing it.

I haven't heard anything new about either the Oneonta NY or Jackson MI meets, but I figured I'd keep them on the 2021 list for now.  For the hosts of those tentative meets, do either of you by chance have any further updates on when or if you still think you might host those meets this year?
You're going to have to track down Brian/Rawmustard concerning Jackson, Mi.
A true vaccination, not that pretend District 10 vaccination stuff.

A.J. Bertin

« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2021, 10:02:55 PM »

You're going to have to track down Brian/Rawmustard concerning Jackson, Mi.

I know that.  I specifically posted this comment here regarding both of the meets that are still in question because this is the forum where the running list of meets for the year is posted.  This is also the forum where Brian announced that he's thinking of hosting this meet.  If Brian wants to chime in here, he can.  If he doesn't, he won't; no big deal.  No harm in asking the question on the same forum where Brian announced his idea.  :colorful:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:10:41 PM by A.J. Bertin »
-A.J. from Michigan

Dougtone

• I'm Doug and I approve this message.

• Last Login: July 28, 2021, 11:20:39 AM
    • Gribblenation
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2021, 05:37:24 AM »

Haven't given Oneonta much thought lately for 2021. I'll likely move it to a future year.

A.J. Bertin

« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2021, 06:28:56 AM »

Haven't given Oneonta much thought lately for 2021. I'll likely move it to a future year.

Thanks for chiming in, Doug!  I went ahead and crossed Oneonta off the list for 2021 with this in mind.  If anything changes, I can easily add it back to the list.
-A.J. from Michigan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.