News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

AARoads Page Updates

Started by Alex, January 19, 2009, 08:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

Description of the last EB 564 photo has a few errors, which should be fairly obvious.

Also, with the description of the first WB 564 photo, the only mainline interchange of Interstate 564 is that of the Exit 2 trumpet interchange with Virginia 406 is in error, in that you also have the trumpet interchange at Gate 3/3A.  If your intent was that the VA 406 interchange is the only fully public interchange (since Gate 3/3A is base traffic only), there's probably a better way to word this.

Second WB 564 photo description has a small error:  VA 407 vice VA 406.

Third WB 564 photo description:  the first westbound shield is just past the split from WB 64, unless that shield's been taken down this year (it was there over New Year's, and existed several years before that).

Also curious why you kept both 2001 and 2009 photos for some entries where there are no fundamental differences between the two...

Alex

Quote from: froggie on September 28, 2009, 08:41:44 AM
Description of the last EB 564 photo has a few errors, which should be fairly obvious.

Also, with the description of the first WB 564 photo, the only mainline interchange of Interstate 564 is that of the Exit 2 trumpet interchange with Virginia 406 is in error, in that you also have the trumpet interchange at Gate 3/3A.  If your intent was that the VA 406 interchange is the only fully public interchange (since Gate 3/3A is base traffic only), there's probably a better way to word this.

Second WB 564 photo description has a small error:  VA 407 vice VA 406.

Third WB 564 photo description:  the first westbound shield is just past the split from WB 64, unless that shield's been taken down this year (it was there over New Year's, and existed several years before that).

Also curious why you kept both 2001 and 2009 photos for some entries where there are no fundamental differences between the two...

Fixed the 406 errors, the first shield reference, the only interchange reference. I swapped the order of the ramp descriptions of the last eb caption (I assume that is the obvious change you mentioned).

I kept some of the 2001 photos just to show the highway gothic vs. clearview signage comparison. I especially like doing this when a new sign is a simple carbon copy of the old.

froggie

Actually, in the last eastbound caption, you call it "Little River Road" and "Virginia 170" when it's Little Creek Rd and VA 165 instead.

I'd also personally leave out the VA 168 reference after "I-64 mainline", since I-64 (and most of the traffic going from 564 to 64) goes well beyond that.  But that one's not technically an error.

Alex

Quote from: froggie on September 28, 2009, 03:11:27 PM
Actually, in the last eastbound caption, you call it "Little River Road" and "Virginia 170" when it's Little Creek Rd and VA 165 instead.

I'd also personally leave out the VA 168 reference after "I-64 mainline", since I-64 (and most of the traffic going from 564 to 64) goes well beyond that.  But that one's not technically an error.

Corrected and suggestions taken into account. Thanks.

mefailenglish

Quote from: mefailenglish on September 21, 2009, 01:55:47 PM
Quote from: AARoads on September 21, 2009, 01:41:46 PM
I was using Wikipedia's list to fill in some of the missing numbers. But it appears that Guilford Road is unnumbered, and the exits through Fort Meade may also be unnumbered. It has been since 2005 since I last drove or photographed the route...
Hmm.  It's not too far from home; I'll try to check it out in the next week or so.
Of course the one day I can get out there, it's pouring rain (so no pix) but I can confirm that (a) the WB-only Guilford Road exit has no exit number posted; (b) one of the Ft Meade exits (Samford Road/NSA) is clearly marked as Exit 9; and (c) the signage for Canine Road exit is not clear.  It may share Exit 10 with the B/W Parkway, or it might not.

Alex

Found some time and worked on two page updates:

Revised the Virginia 895 page with replacement eastbound photos.
Created a page covering George Washington Memorial Parkway.

Alex

Tonight's updates include a new page for U.S. 522 southbound in Virginia. New pages for Virginia 110 and Virginia 208. And a handful of additions to the Miscellaneous Virginia page covering VA-13, VA-237, VA SSR 619 at Triangle and VA SSR 7100.

Probably the most interesting thing roadwise in these updates are the cutouts for U.S. 522 and Virginia 208 posted at their merge.

Alex

Finished adding U.S. 1 coverage of southbound between Woodbridge and Stafford, Virginia from 12/26/06. Next up I-595/US 50 westbound in MD from 01/02/08 and some MD-32 photos from mefailenglish taken just this past weekend.

Alex

Split the US 50 Maryland pages into more divisions, added westbound coverage from MD-665 west to I-95/495.

Also updated the Maryland 32 westbound page to include photos covering every exit, including their exit numbers. Thanks Joe!

Will work on updating the MD-32 eastbound page next...

Alex

Finished adding all of Joe Maloney's photos to the MD 32 eastbound page. Threw a few in that we took from 08/27/05 too...

Updated the Interstate 95 Virginia northbound guides from Interstate 295 to the Springfield Interchange as well. If anyone has some updated photos of the northbound approach to the Springfield Interchange, I'm interested!  :colorful: The latest I have are only from June 22, 2005 (all of my recent trips through there were done at night).

Southbound Interstate 95 images from Springfield to Interstate 295 to be added next...

Alex

Added photos of every interchange on Interstate 95 south in Fairfax County, VA. Continued the coverage southward to Exit 156 in Prince William County...

Completed the revised DC map, now using Zoomify, that also includes decommissioned US highways with an approximated year in which it followed its particular route.

froggie

Would suggest splitting the HOV lane photos from the mainline photos.

BTW, 2nd to last Fairfax County photo....SB mainline access is to NB 123 only, but the HOV exit can go both directions on 123.

Alex

Quote from: froggie on October 09, 2009, 08:57:02 PM
Would suggest splitting the HOV lane photos from the mainline photos.

BTW, 2nd to last Fairfax County photo....SB mainline access is to NB 123 only, but the HOV exit can go both directions on 123.

I thought about splitting the HOV photos into a separate section, but I only have Carter's photos from 07/01/05 to cull through, so for now I am just leaving them mixed in with the mainline photos.

I'll make a note of the access to both directions to VA-123, didn't think to check that. Thanks.

Alex

Finished updating the Interstate 95 guides between Richmond and Washington, DC. Added complete coverage of southbound, and also added/replaced a few photos in Northern Virgina with Will's photos from last weekend and August 31.

Also split the U.S. 1 page into north and southbound pages, adding northbound coverage courtesy of Will. Lastly I added a couple of Will's photos to the miscellaneous page.

WillWeaverRVA

Looks great, though one thing:

https://www.aaroads.com/mid-atlantic/virginia001/us-001_nb_at_va-ssr-619_02.jpg - This is at SR 610 in Stafford County, not SR 619 in Prince William County.

Still, thanks for using my photos. :D
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Alex

Moving on to Indiana, I added photos covering most of Interstate 70 westbound, created a small Interstate 865 page, and started a miscellaneous page.

Alex

Created a guide for Interstate 465, and added a handful of additional photos to the Interstate 70 main page and miscellaneous page.

Alex

Done with the Indianapolis area, new pages for Interstate 65 (mainly covering southbound in Indy) and the first three miles of Interstate 69 in both directions.

I have 15 photos of Carter's covering northbound I-69 from Indy to Fort Wayne to add next, then will shift to the Indiana East-West Toll Road, the Borman Expressway, Interstate 65's northern few miles, Indiana 912 (Cline Avenue), and a few photos of U.S. 31 in the South Bend area.

The Indiana Highway Ends page has been a huge help with road descriptions. :thumbsup:

Alex

Completed a major update covering northern Indiana...

Added Carter's photos for Interstate 69 north, which consist of a few here and there northbound between Indianapolis and Interstate 469. Also created pages for Interstates 80-90 west along the Indiana Toll Road, Interstates 80-94 along the Borman Expressway, Indiana 912 (Cline Avenue), Interstate 90 west to the Chicago Skyway, and Interstate 65 in the Gary area. Photos were taken from Andy and I's cross country trip in September 2005 and a venture with my g/f Memorial Day Weekend of last year.

Hellfighter

Is Michigan coming soon?   ;-)

Alex

Added the last batch of photos from our Indiana queue to the miscellaneous page. They mainly cover U.S. 31 northwest of South Bend, and show a few more signs that were posted for U.S. 31 Business at Cleveland Road in 2005.

Ryan check your messages and I'll see about a Michigan update.

Alex

Used Ryan's photos and created an Interstate 96 page, mainly covering the Gateway Project area in Detroit. Also added a northbound page for Interstate 75 from the Gateway area to Interstate 375.

A few other photos of Interstate 75 and one for U.S. 131 were added as well. Ryan please let me know if I got the dates right on those.

DanTheMan414

Quote from: Hellfighter on October 21, 2009, 11:21:36 PM
Is Michigan coming soon?   ;-)

On both counts (Alex's & mine), for your photos, yes. ;-)

SSOWorld

Info about Indy bridge tanker accident moved into its own topic.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=1858.0
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alex

Moving westward to the Quad Cities area, I created a new page for U.S. 6 in Iowa and U.S. 6 in Illinois.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.