National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

April 2022 Central Pennsylvania Road Meet "In planning\ feedback" stage

<< < (2/4) > >>

vdeane:
Google says Easter next year is the 17th, so I voted for the 23rd.  I'm not sure if I'd be going to this, as I was considering a cross-country trip next year (although I have to admit that the prospect does intimidate me, especially given the tendency of non-roadmeet, non-family trips to blow up in my face; I wonder if after Easter would be enough of a family connection to avoid the curse?), and after Easter would be the most likely time for me to take it given scheduling around things at work and wanting to avoid peak summer travel days.  That said, if I didn't do that, I could see a combined Easter/Roadmeet vacation week if this were on the 23rd.

Alps:
The entire thing is during Passover. Between that and AJ's meet it'd be nice if this could be scheduled in a different timeframe.

cl94:

--- Quote from: Alps on July 12, 2021, 07:16:38 PM ---The entire thing is during Passover. Between that and AJ's meet it'd be nice if this could be scheduled in a different timeframe.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, if it's during Passover a few prominent road enthusiasts who may otherwise attend may not be able to. I'm against scheduling meets during major religious holidays.

Furthermore, if it's Easter weekend, there's a 0% chance I would be able to attend.

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: cl94 on July 13, 2021, 12:25:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Alps on July 12, 2021, 07:16:38 PM ---The entire thing is during Passover. Between that and AJ's meet it'd be nice if this could be scheduled in a different timeframe.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, if it's during Passover a few prominent road enthusiasts who may otherwise attend may not be able to. I'm against scheduling meets during major religious holidays.

Furthermore, if it's Easter weekend, there's a 0% chance I would be able to attend.

--- End quote ---

Remember, this is being scheduled at a time that will coincide with a time when he is already going to be in Pennsylvania. It's not like he's doing this in his backyard in Tennessee, when he could conveniently schedule it anytime. And it wouldn't exactly be convenient for him to make a special trip to Pennsylvania to host the meet.

Alps:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on July 13, 2021, 02:11:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: cl94 on July 13, 2021, 12:25:37 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Remember, this is being scheduled at a time that will coincide with a time when he is already going to be in Pennsylvania. It's not like he's doing this in his backyard in Tennessee, when he could conveniently schedule it anytime. And it wouldn't exactly be convenient for him to make a special trip to Pennsylvania to host the meet.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I said "it'd be nice" but I know the circumstances as to when and why.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version