News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

Roadgeek Adam

You don't have be trans to take testosterone blockers. I'm nonbinary. I have enby friends who want to take them. There's nothing wrong with it. I will say be careful though for you risk getting injured more easily if you do. Lower T does result in lower bone quality. 
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Max Rockatansky

In the 1st grade I was diagnosed with ADHD.  I began going to therapy in the 3rd Grade and started taking anxiety/depression medication during the 5th grade.  The medication made me feel infinitely worse so I began to fake ingesting it the 7th grade.  Usually I just threw the pills in the toilet and flushed them.  Almost immediately I began to noticeably feel better which improved as time went on.  I finally told my Mom that I wasn't taking the medicine in the 9th grade and I never went back to therapy after. 

The primary difference as I began older was that began to apply myself more socially and got into playing sports.  I think how my situation got started was that I wasn't doing well in school early on because I was bored.  It seems silly me to think in retrospect that adults really believed a young child being bored by school was a reason for concern.  All I wanted to do at that age was play sports, play games and hang out with friends.  When I was younger I had issues with asthma, but once I trained that out it was no a barrier to doing things athletically.  I guess confronting my problems rather than letting them run my life worked for me.  Like I inferred above, mileage may vary.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 09, 2023, 09:33:49 PM
I agree ADHD is essentially a fake disorder. Thinking 7 hrs of school a day with sleep deprivation and constant academic stress is ok for kids that young, is the disorder. They should teach actual life skills other than knowledge you will never use 97% of the time.

@Roadgeek. I intend to try an anti-androgen to reduce the drive. The sick irony is that Lexapro impedes the ability to satisfy sexual urges properly, while simultaneously sending my sex drive through the roof.

I'm going to tell you ADHD is not fake. By any sort of the imagination. It's real. I have plenty of friends with it.

That said, I am on Lexapro myself, 20MG every morning. Usually is the med that keeps me from beating the crap out of myself when I get frustrated. I personally don't mind the inflated sex drive (even though mine must not be as severe as yours and I'm very very very sexually active with other men), but it does drive me nuts that I can't perform so to speak. I can tell you many many times about the utter disappointment in me being unable to perform for the ultimate satisfaction of all involved parties. Again, there's no problem with you doing it, but a doctor isn't just going to hand you T blockers. Most likely you're going to have to be examined a bit before you can start.
Adam Seth Moss

Max Rockatansky

I do question if my own childhood ADHD, depression and anxiety diagnoses were valid (for the reasons I cited above).  That's not me saying that any of them aren't real disorders, they're certainly plenty of evidence to show that they are.  My situation was also back in the era of the 1980s and 1990s, I assume behavioral health has progressed significantly since. 

All the same my own experience when I was a kid really left me a sour taste towards the behavioral health field.  If anything I felt like I was labeled in my youth and it hard to get anyone to accept the things I was telling them.  Really for me the problem was just being unhappy until I started working up the courage to do the things I wanted to do my youth. 

Ironically my wife works in behavioral health.  I've told her these stories, she seems surprised that was diagnosed with anything. 

Roadgeek Adam

20mg is what I need, it's worked for 8 years plus.
Adam Seth Moss

MultiMillionMiler

"All the same my own experience when I was a kid really left me a sour taste towards the behavioral health field.  If anything I felt like I was labeled in my youth and it hard to get anyone to accept the things I was telling them.  Really for me the problem was just being unhappy until I started working up the courage to do the things I wanted to do my youth."

Kids should have the final say in receiving or refusing medical care, and no I am not saying kids should be allowed to refuse vaccines cause they're afraid of the needle. What I mean is, a sick kid who wants to go to the doctor shouldn't be deprived of treatment due to parents "religious beliefs". Conversely, a 17 yo shouldn't be forced to have chemotherapy she doesn't want (search up the case of Cassandra in Connecticut from several years ago). Decisions concerning long term and/or invasive medical care or medications should be primarily the patients decision, regardless of age. But in a deranged, hypocritical country like ours that denies adolescents the rights of an adult, while charging them as adults in the justice system, the resistance against passing laws like that protecting children's medical rights would be enormous. One of the reasons I canceled my republican party registration.

Scott5114

I agree ADHD is essentially a fake disorder. Thinking 7 hrs of school a day with sleep deprivation and constant academic stress is ok for kids that young, is the disorder. They should teach actual life skills other than knowledge you will never use 97% of the time.

Disparaging disabled people by claiming their disability is a "fake disorder" is not tolerated on this forum. Warning issued.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

roadman65

@Roadgeek. I intend to try an anti-androgen to reduce the drive. The sick irony is that Lexapro impedes the ability to satisfy sexual urges properly, while simultaneously sending my sex drive through the roof.

ADHD is real as I know somebody who has it. Refuses to admit it as well. And because he has ADHD he don’t see how it causes his mind not to be diverse, but focuses on one thing only.

He once asked me to sell my house to him when my mom died. He didn’t even hear me say the words “ Make me an offer!” and acted like I wasn’t saying anything.  He was trying to convince me to sell him as for some reason he was convinced I wouldn’t sell him the house unless he persuaded me.  After he first suggested I sell it to him I basically said “Sold, just make me an offer.” He kept continuing his persuasion for me to sell like I never said anything. I tried harder to get his attention that I was asking him to name his price, but he kept going at his persuasion. I got louder and louder almost screaming at him “Make me and offer!” Still no reaction to the words or my tone.

So he lost out on owning my house, however I thought he was ignoring my request on purpose as he couldn’t afford the 200k plus I would have asked him for.   It turned out later I figured it out he had it as it can only be that for an explanation.  It seems his brain won’t process the words coming in from his ears when his mouth is talking, which basically happens with attention disorders. Your brain shuts your ears off so you can concentrate the thought in your head that requires you to speak.

Nonetheless, he lost out on a good house, but months later he said” I told you to sell me the house, but you didn’t, and now you’re stuck.”   Plus I was anxious to get rid of it and would have love to sell to him, but this guys ADHD prevented me from getting through simple words.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

triplemultiplex

Ah, this thread may have jumped the shark.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Scott5114

Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 10, 2023, 04:39:46 PM

Doesn't that imply that at one point it was actually good?

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

US 89

I haven't done much foruming the past few days and just saw the last few pages of this. What the fuck.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 10, 2023, 04:41:22 PM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 10, 2023, 04:39:46 PM

Doesn't that imply that at one point it was actually good?

I kind of look at threads like this much like my favorite bad movies.  I would say this thread is the "Hard Ticket to Hawaii"  equivalent.  It's bad sure, but where else are you going to see a blow up doll detonated by a rocket launcher?

Note: this is an endorsement for Hard Ticket to Hawaii, not this thread.

Also, what thread was all this talk in before it was splintered off into this one?  I can't even remember now.

kphoger

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 06, 2023, 10:22:19 AM
They would be redesigned as to have the right combination of flat stretches, inclined stretches, and downhill stretches, at the right angles, so a truck entering it at average highway/runaway speed would end up settled at the other end/in the middle of the ramp. Pure geometry and physics. But it would be paved to interstate highway standards.

How did you calculate the speed, weight, aerodynamics, and rolling resistance of the runaway trucks ahead of time?

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 07, 2023, 07:53:04 PM
Properly done, this plan wouldn't leave a scratch on the truck, driver, helicopter, or the pilot.

How would a hunk of metal impacting a vehicle at that speed not damage it?

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 09, 2023, 11:46:48 AM
The odds are astronomically more likely of a runaway truck situation happening at any given time, than a UFO landing in the US.

I'm glad you pointed that out.  I didn't want people to get the wrong idea, that UFO landings are more common than runaway trucks.

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 09, 2023, 12:42:46 PM
TBH I may have pronounced "LOL" once or twice

Then you pronounced it wrong.  You may need to relearn the alphabet.

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 09, 2023, 12:45:57 PM
Not only does it serve no reproductive purpose, but who wants to taste it?

:wave:

Allow me to just say it outright, to be the most blunt in response to you:  I enjoy giving my wife oral sex, and I have for years.  We're happily married, in our 40s, with three children together, and it's something we do at least 50% of the times we have sex.  I've been enjoying it since the beginning, and the appeal has not worn off in the slightest.  Also, after I finger her, I lick it off my hands.

After you're done throwing up now or whatever, maybe you should consider toning down your opinions just a tad.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Dammit Kyle, now I have to go barf.

Max Rockatansky

The meat of the problem and why I've created this thread in the first place is in kphoger's last sentence.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 10, 2024, 05:15:18 PM
Also, what thread was all this talk in before it was splintered off into this one?  I can't even remember now.

There's a reason quote tags are hyperlinks.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1 on January 10, 2023, 06:35:52 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 10, 2024, 05:15:18 PM

There's a reason quote tags are hyperlinks.

Is there a reason I need to cut down a giant quote on my cell phone to point out what is relevant to my reply?

hotdogPi

I think you misinterpreted me. I'm saying that if you click the quote link in the OP, you'll find the original thread, which is "Minor things that bother you".
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Max Rockatansky

Ah, yes my mistake.  I see what you were getting at now. 

MCRoads

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 03, 2023, 02:02:32 PM
I think Atomic clocks are a scam. You can't measure billionths of a second.

Just going to comment on the OP, and atomic clocks:
You can absolutely measure billionths of a second. And it is important for a lot of stuff, including GOS and Particle physics.

[Edited in relevant quote. -S.]
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

Scott5114

hotdogPi

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 10, 2023, 08:36:54 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 10, 2023, 07:54:46 PM
Time dilation is a scam

lmao because you know better than a physicist

From another thread, where it's been determined that you're not supposed to use text acronyms and initialisms here:

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 09, 2023, 12:21:59 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 09, 2023, 12:18:55 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 09, 2023, 11:59:19 AM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 09, 2023, 11:46:48 AM
Quote from: roadman65 on January 09, 2023, 12:04:46 AM
Meanwhile let's have a pad for UFOs to land so maybe they can land too and possible assist the workers and using far out lasers to repair even faster.

UFOs wouldn't choose a terrain like the Rockies to land on LOL. They would likely choose a more Spacecraft suitable site, like the salt flats, fields in the Midwest, eastern Long Island, Texas Plains, New Jersey/Pennsylvania...etc. The odds are astronomically more likely of a runaway truck situation happening at any given time, than a UFO landing in the US.

Question, do you say things like LOL and LMAO in regular in-person conversation?

WTF how would that make any sense SMH

You seem to like to throw acronyms into the middle of typed sentences.  Stands to reason you might actually say them in actual conversation also.

TBH I may have pronounced "LOL" once or twice, but I don't think I've ever really used them in speech, idk. Y R U so obsessed with that? That's just weird IMO.

Oh and this is coming from the guy who constantly refers to me as MMM.   
ROTFL.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50

Scott5114

Quote from: 1 on January 10, 2023, 08:39:20 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on January 10, 2023, 08:36:54 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 10, 2023, 07:54:46 PM
Time dilation is a scam

lmao because you know better than a physicist

From another thread, where it's been determined that you're not supposed to use text acronyms and initialisms here:

idc

(For real, though, while I agree that overusing them should be avoided, using them from time to time in an unserious message doesn't bother me. At least most people have a chance at understanding them, unlike the typical Wikipedia "WP:!VOTE delete per WP:N and WP:5P. This is surely a case of WP:BEANS and WP:CSJ, and could result in WP:BITE and violating WP:3RR." (Only one of these is fake.)

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 10, 2023, 08:48:09 PM
It's mathematical gobbledegook that doesn't translate to anything physically real.

The same is true of your posts.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.