News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads Page Updates

Started by Alex, January 19, 2009, 08:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

florida

Minus the J, it's the name of CR/SR 483 in Daytona Beach.
So many roads...so little time.

Hellfighter

The gateway project is supposed to end next month, with I-75 getting reopened after the 4th of July, so I'll have pics to update the eastern terminus of I-96 rather than those taken around '01.

Alex

Quote from: Hellfighter06 on June 13, 2009, 11:56:08 AM
The gateway project is supposed to end next month, with I-75 getting reopened after the 4th of July, so I'll have pics to update the eastern terminus of I-96 rather than those taken around '01.

If you can get photos along the lines of: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3570/3432650153_a1928477b3_b.jpg that would be great!

Stephane Dumas

I wonder if some of these pics done around '01 could be "historic pictures"?  It would be interesting to have some "before" and "after" pictures

Hellfighter

Quote from: AARoads on June 13, 2009, 12:44:37 PM
If you can get photos along the lines of: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3570/3432650153_a1928477b3_b.jpg that would be great!
Will do! I going to the fireworks downtown on the 24th, so I'll get a few.

Hellfighter

I have some photos, stupid me forgot my memory card. Dohh!  :pan:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8245157@N02/

WillWeaverRVA

I'm working on de-watermarking a bunch of my photos (or producing new ones from the RAW files I still have), so I should hopefully have more VA stuff by this weekend.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

tankerdave

Would love to see the central valley area of CA added to, not much coverage of roads there.

Alex

QuoteWould love to see the central valley area of CA added to, not much coverage of roads there.

Andy just added some Interstate 40 coverage, but nothing further north in the Central Valley just yet. He eventually plans on getting there with updates.

Today's update completes the westbound coverage sent to me by 74/171FAN of Interstate 64 between Hampton Roads to Henrico County, Virginia.

WillWeaverRVA

If you want you can use those I-564 photos I took last weekend, in case you want to add new photos or supplement the ones already there with newer ones.

I'm still working on the de-watermarking process. There's more photos than I thought. :pan:
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Alex

Quote from: SyntheticDreamer on July 06, 2009, 07:05:30 PM
If you want you can use those I-564 photos I took last weekend, in case you want to add new photos or supplement the ones already there with newer ones.

I'm still working on the de-watermarking process. There's more photos than I thought. :pan:

I looked at your photos yesterday from your recent trip and would like to consider adding some. Interstate 564 definitely needs help, so I'll likely work from there. Thanks!

Alex

Continuing the Virginia theme, I dusted off some 2005 photos that never made it onto the guides and posted them on the now split Interstate 295 guides. 17 new photos can be found on I-295 west (north) from I-95 to I-64 here. I'll be adding my westbound I-64 photos from I-295 to I-81 next...

Alex

Starting with the end of this page, I continued the Interstate 64 Virginia westbound coverage through to the merge with Interstate 81 south today.

Alex

Updated the Interstate 905 guide with photos taken last month and updated information on what road work is currently in progress.

Also blogged about it and the South Bay Expressway from our recent drive along both roads.

Lyle

So, you went to California.

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alex

Shifted focus to western New York and photos I have wanted to post for years now. Updates include Interstate 390 (one of my favorite Interstates), Dansville and Livingston County area highways, and updates to our Rochester area pages:

Interstate 390 northbound is fully done (will be working on southbound next).
Also created pages for New York 390 and Lake Ontario State Parkway in the Rochester area.
Made a focus page and map for Dansville.

New state route guides for:
New York 15
New York 21
New York 36
New York 63
New York 256
New York 436

After finishing Interstate 390, I have a few more Rochester items to post, more photos to go through from Syracuse, and will finally post some content on our fledgling Interstate 86 page.

vdeane

Love the I-390 pictures.  A lot of the NY 390 signs have been replaced since they were taken; you can see the newer ones on my sites (bottom of page).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Chris

Wow, the shoulder quality on I-390 is really bad. The pics are great though  :cool:

Alex

Thanks fellas!  :)

I see the sign changes to NY 390. Glad I got the text button copy sign for NY 104 photographed, as I see that one is gone. For that NY 390/NY 104 interchange, did they just replace the W Ridge Road overpasses, or did they do anything else as well? Is the pavement/shoulders still wretched on I-390 heading southward toward I-86?

I culled all of our remaining NY photos from the queue and the tally is over 5,000. This covers Rochester, Syracuse, the Southern Tier, Binghamton, Cortland, Ithaca, the Northway, Albany, New York City, etc. Snappyjack is helping me with some I-87 coverage, and I hope to get most of the rest of our NY material online before too long.  :-D

vdeane

W Ridge Road has recently been reconstructed with additional capacity.  I-390 was reconstructed on a 7 mile portion between Avoca and Cohocton; there is also shoulder work being done between Mount Morris and Geneseo, and it looks like more work south of Dansville is planned, with another project under way in Cohocton.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Alex

Interstate 390 south is done through to Exit 5. Exits 4 to I-86 will be done next.

Alex

Alex

Added a page on Rochester's Inner Loop and a small page covering New York 31 mainly in downtown Rochester.

Alex

Nearing the end of my Rochester area material, I've added more photos of NY 15 covering the route near downtown and also created a page covering a bevy of Rochester streets and arterials photographed during my travels of 2005. Take note of the blue Lake Ontario State Parkway shields.

Also added three photos at the bottom of the Inner Loop page covering some older I-490 NY shields.

Next up is a new page covering New York 531 (Spencerport Expressway) and a couple of photos of New York 36's north end.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.