News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

AARoads Page Updates

Started by Alex, January 19, 2009, 08:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillWeaverRVA

Again, thanks! By the way, let me know if you're interested in photos I have from NC and SC, mostly of I-95 but also of I-40, US 501, US 701, SC 38, SC 31, and SC 22.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Alex

Quote from: SyntheticDreamer on February 25, 2011, 07:47:21 PM
Again, thanks! By the way, let me know if you're interested in photos I have from NC and SC, mostly of I-95 but also of I-40, US 501, US 701, SC 38, SC 31, and SC 22.

If you have any Interstate 95 south of Petersburg, I will certainly welcome it! My unposted coverage is northbound only...

I also have Interstate 40 westbound covered again from June 2010, so if you have eastbound, let me know!

74/171FAN

I have some 95 south of Petersburg but being a college student idk when I would get to them.  I might could get to them over Spring Break in about a week though.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: Alex on February 25, 2011, 08:09:31 PM
Quote from: SyntheticDreamer on February 25, 2011, 07:47:21 PM

If you have any Interstate 95 south of Petersburg, I will certainly welcome it! My unposted coverage is northbound only...

I also have Interstate 40 westbound covered again from June 2010, so if you have eastbound, let me know!

I've got I-95 southbound to Jarratt (exit 20), but I seem to be missing a photo of the sign for that exit (blah). I don't have anything southbound after that until the NC line, though, because I was driving (on the trip to Myrtle Beach) and trying not to take too many pictures. My photos from that day also cover the southern terminus of I-295 near Petersburg, though you've got that already. I think I can make up for this, though - I've got a couple state-name shields, and a picture heading back up US 301 northbound south of Stony Creek, with southbound I-95 to the right!

I'm gonna have to scratch I-40 from the list, though, I only have coverage of two exits, so there's not much of a point in that unless you want some photos of "I-40 alternate" signs (which I never quite figured out myself). :P

But yeah, I do have I-95 southbound clear up to I-40, and I-95 northbound through most of North Carolina except Fayetteville, although I do have good coverage of Business Loop I-95 in that area (only a little bit is missing due to a brief, unintentional detour to the All American Freeway, and to a food stop using US 64).
Will Weaver

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

froggie

BTW, Alex, nobody here ever uses the placename Groveton.  You're fine leaving that particular photo entry at just "Fort Belvoir".

You should also clarify your WWB entries (like on the Maryland 95/495 SB page) that while the new bridge was built as a 12 lane span, it is currently striped for 10 lanes...4 "Thru Lanes" (as they're called) and 6 "Local Lanes"...with one local lane in each direction being an auxiliary lane between the 295 and US 1 interchanges.  One of your WWB entries suggests "through traffic would use the left three lanes and local traffic would use the right four lanes" which WAY overstates the number of lanes in a given direction.

Alex

Quote from: froggie on February 26, 2011, 11:08:02 AM
BTW, Alex, nobody here ever uses the placename Groveton.  You're fine leaving that particular photo entry at just "Fort Belvoir".

You should also clarify your WWB entries (like on the Maryland 95/495 SB page) that while the new bridge was built as a 12 lane span, it is currently striped for 10 lanes...4 "Thru Lanes" (as they're called) and 6 "Local Lanes"...with one local lane in each direction being an auxiliary lane between the 295 and US 1 interchanges.  One of your WWB entries suggests "through traffic would use the left three lanes and local traffic would use the right four lanes" which WAY overstates the number of lanes in a given direction.

Appreciate the clarification, I have amended those entries overstating the capacity and removed Groveton from the one U.S. 1 related caption.

QuoteI have some 95 south of Petersburg but being a college student idk when I would get to them.  I might could get to them over Spring Break in about a week though.

I only have southbound photos through to Interstate 295's southern terminus, so send a long what you have if you get a chance.  :nod:

QuoteI've got I-95 southbound to Jarratt (exit 20), but I seem to be missing a photo of the sign for that exit (blah). I don't have anything southbound after that until the NC line, though, because I was driving (on the trip to Myrtle Beach) and trying not to take too many pictures. My photos from that day also cover the southern terminus of I-295 near Petersburg, though you've got that already. I think I can make up for this, though - I've got a couple state-name shields, and a picture heading back up US 301 northbound south of Stony Creek, with southbound I-95 to the right!

I'm gonna have to scratch I-40 from the list, though, I only have coverage of two exits, so there's not much of a point in that unless you want some photos of "I-40 alternate" signs (which I never quite figured out myself).

But yeah, I do have I-95 southbound clear up to I-40, and I-95 northbound through most of North Carolina except Fayetteville, although I do have good coverage of Business Loop I-95 in that area (only a little bit is missing due to a brief, unintentional detour to the All American Freeway, and to a food stop using US 64).

I'll take the southbound photos through to Jarratt, partial coverage is better than no coverage.  :colorful:

We saw some of those Alternate I-40 shield assemblies too. Alternate and Detour Interstate "routes" are appearing in more and more places. Even Baldwin County, Alabama is using them outside of the usual ones on Battleship Parkway.

Definitely will welcome southbound pics through to I-40. As you can see on the site, we only have that state-named shield by Rocky Mount, which a friend of mine shot for me out the side window back then. I drove and photographed all of the Fayetteville Business Loop northbound in 2007, and that is posted.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: Alex on February 26, 2011, 03:49:38 PM
I'll take the southbound photos through to Jarratt, partial coverage is better than no coverage.  :colorful:

Definitely will welcome southbound pics through to I-40. As you can see on the site, we only have that state-named shield by Rocky Mount, which a friend of mine shot for me out the side window back then. I drove and photographed all of the Fayetteville Business Loop northbound in 2007, and that is posted.

Okay, I'll zip them up and email them to you. It might be a few emails because I still have no web hosting (although I plan to change this soon).
Will Weaver

FLRoads

Wisconsin @ AARoads is now live, along with a short guide for Wisconsin 35 in Grant County. More pages will be added as time permits. Enjoy!

FLRoads

Added a main guide page for U.S. Highway 61 and a northbound guide page for the first three exits along U.S. 61 in Grant County. Granted there is not much as of yet for Wisconsin but as I said I will add more guides from our trips as time permits.

WillWeaverRVA

Alex: You should have two emails from me. :)
Will Weaver

FLRoads

Added Interstate 90 and Interstate 39 guide pages to the Wisconsin guide. Both cover the first few miles into Wisconsin. Not much on them for now but its better than nothing  :-P 

FLRoads

Created a Wisconsin 11 page this afternoon. I hope to start some stuff near the Milwaukee area this weekend...

Alex

Still moving through our Maryland photos, all Interstates pages are now updated (except for I-695), all of our U.S. highway coverage is online (except for U.S. 1 in Baltimore city/county), and all non-Interstate freeway pages are updated (except for the smidges of MD-43 and MD-702 that are freeway). Also finally got around to scanning a map showing Baltimore's I-595 on the revised I-170 guide and redid all of the maps I made last year for northeastern Maryland.

Remaining updates for Maryland will focus on some of the aforementioned exceptions as well as many state routes within the city of Baltimore or just outside of it from the 8 trips I did through or to the city last summer.

Lyle

Hey Alex, in a lot of your newer pages it says photos taken by "ABRoads." What does that mean?

Alex

Quote from: Lyle on April 11, 2011, 12:25:26 AM
Hey Alex, in a lot of your newer pages it says photos taken by "ABRoads." What does that mean?

AARoads = me and Andy
ABRoads = me and Brent (flaroads). There are enough trip photos done between the two of us, it made sense to make up another acronym. Did that to cut down on the amount of text shown up top. The script needs to be reworked to do the photocredits more efficiently.

Lyle

Thank you for the clarification. I love your website.

Alex

Updated the final Baltimore Beltway guide and now finally, all of our Maryland coverage is now online (unless someone wants to send me some Maryland 200 photos).

Lyle

So you're finished updating MD-100, MD-32, and U.S. 29?

froggie

A note on your caption for the wide median between Exits 41 and 42...all indications I've seen, especially the 1964 BMATS, is that the bridge across Back Bay was to be a separate facility altogether and not an alternative alignment for the Baltimore Beltway.

Alex

QuoteSo you're finished updating MD-100, MD-32, and U.S. 29?

I have nothing left in my queue for any of those routes.

Quote from: froggie on April 28, 2011, 08:15:58 AM
A note on your caption for the wide median between Exits 41 and 42...all indications I've seen, especially the 1964 BMATS, is that the bridge across Back Bay was to be a separate facility altogether and not an alternative alignment for the Baltimore Beltway.

Thanks for the note, I have altered the caption on that.

Alex

In preparation for a trip we are taking in a few weeks, I have updated some pages covering highways on our route:

• Interstate 65 Alabama - added, replaced, or redited northbound photos from Exit 77 (Alabama 41) to Exit 250 (Interstate 459). Replaced two photos in Birmingham with a couple of shots Andy took in 2008, and those north of I-20/59 to where our pages originally ended (Walker Chapel Road). Everything from Exit 267 northward is new from our Michigan trip in November 2009.
  • Interstate 565 - finally added 2009 photos of westbound (end to end) and eastbound at Exit 1 and from Exit 17 to U.S. 72 (Exit 21).

Still a lot of 2003 photos in Birmingham, as our past trips through there either were at night or did not take any of us through downtown on I-65 north.

Some Clearview for you to enjoy...  :pan:

Alex

Extended northbound coverage of Interstate 65 into Tennessee from the Alabama state line to the merge with Interstate 40 west in Nashville. Will be finishing up I-65 northbound in TN in my next round of updates.

Alex

Continued Interstate 65 northbound coverage from Tennessee through to Elizabethtown, and updated our existing coverage from E-Town to Indiana.

D-Dey65

I have some pics of I-95 with I-795 signs that replaced US 117, but not all of them turned out so good.

agentsteel53

I might have a picture or two of 795... dunno if I really bothered as they were all new signs, but maybe I got one by accident.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.