News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Huddle House No Longer A Southern Chain

Started by roadman65, May 12, 2024, 09:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

https://maps.app.goo.gl/MDRCeAjgcKvMasPh9
I was noticing that Huddle House, found mainly in FL and GA as well as SC is made an appearance in Garfield, NJ.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

74/171FAN

There was a location in Hopewell, VA for a little while (VA 36 EB at Ashland St) that closed years ago.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

brad2971

Quote from: roadman65 on May 12, 2024, 09:55:19 PMhttps://maps.app.goo.gl/MDRCeAjgcKvMasPh9
I was noticing that Huddle House, found mainly in FL and GA as well as SC is made an appearance in Garfield, NJ.

This location just off I-80 in the Great Plains has been around for more than a few years: https://www.huddlehouse.com/locations/ne/york/5018-s-lincoln-ave/

Rothman

Huddle House always struck me as Waffle House's ugly sister...which is terrifying.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Hunty2022

I only had it once before, on my trip to GA. My closest locations according to a Google Maps search are in Bedford and FarmVille, VA.

Also the search shows a location in Pennsylvania, meaning that NJ location isn't the only one in the northeast.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

D-Dey65

Quote from: Rothman on May 12, 2024, 10:44:54 PMHuddle House always struck me as Waffle House's ugly sister...which is terrifying.
I still can't help but think of both of them as southern things. And even though Cracker Barrel has franchises in Upstate New York and New England, I still think of them as a southern thing too.

epzik8

Quote from: Rothman on May 12, 2024, 10:44:54 PMHuddle House always struck me as Waffle House's ugly sister...which is terrifying.

Waffle House did it first and best.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

roadman65

Waffle House int bad. The one in Lakeland on S. Florida Ave is good and it's design and layout differs from the others.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ShuusH4rGpvT4VLF8

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3RoTSVs2LrX89q8h6

https://maps.app.goo.gl/NxSCReWb8g663V7v8

This is the typical store design.

Sheryl Crowe

D-Dey65

Waffle House has been accused of discriminating against people of color, but at this franchise here;
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.2365166,-81.652043,3a,75y,19.06h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9Ofna1Pe1NPETkWMHgtdyg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu
The staff was 100% Afro-American, and most of the customers were too. I saw two people of Middle Eastern heritage when I went there, but I believe they were delivering food and supplies to the restaurant.

As for Huddle Houses, this one had the prettiest waitresses, and mine was the best-looking of the bunch. But all of them are married with kids, so if you're a single man and looking to hook up, you've gone to the wrong place. Just be glad you can get a meal, and enjoy the view.

BTW, this was the place where that diesel fuel canopy was blown over during Hurricane Idalia. The media kept incorrectly reporting the collapse as being on US 27.

roadman65

The Waffle House in North Charleston, SC was all staffed by Afro Americans and had one black customer.  The place was dead other than the one customer.  I went in and was actually ignored by the staff.

I don't believe that .

Sheryl Crowe

Rushmeister

There has been a Huddle House at the Flying J truck stop in Lebanon, Indiana, for many years.  Never thought of it as a "southern" restaurant, except it is on the south side of town.
...and then the psychiatrist chuckled.

D-Dey65

Quote from: roadman65 on May 13, 2024, 11:06:06 AMThe Waffle House in North Charleston, SC was all staffed by Afro Americans and had one black customer.  The place was dead other than the one customer.  I went in and was actually ignored by the staff.
Well, maybe I was lucky, or maybe you were unlucky. Because not a single customer was ignored by the staff there including myself.

roadman65

Quote from: D-Dey65 on May 13, 2024, 10:36:52 AMWaffle House has been accused of discriminating against people of color, but at this franchise here;
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.2365166,-81.652043,3a,75y,19.06h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9Ofna1Pe1NPETkWMHgtdyg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu
The staff was 100% Afro-American, and most of the customers were too. I saw two people of Middle Eastern heritage when I went there, but I believe they were delivering food and supplies to the restaurant.

As for Huddle Houses, this one had the prettiest waitresses, and mine was the best-looking of the bunch. But all of them are married with kids, so if you're a single man and looking to hook up, you've gone to the wrong place. Just be glad you can get a meal, and enjoy the view.

BTW, this was the place where that diesel fuel canopy was blown over during Hurricane Idalia. The media kept incorrectly reporting the collapse as being on US 27.

I stopped here in 1998 at the one in Perry. Don't know if it was a Huddle House then, but that truck stop was still there. Plus it was pre cell phone populated so phones for truckers were at all tables.

Sheryl Crowe

Rothman

Well, today I learned guys go to Waffle House to hook up with Waffle House waitresses.

Just when I thought we have lost all class and couldn't make worse life decisions...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

TheHighwayMan3561

I still perceive Waffle House as a Southern chain even if they do have locations in non-Southern places like Colorado and Ohio.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

mgk920

Well, Huddle House never had an outlet here in Wisconsin and Waffle House still doesn't.  However, WH does have a few in Illinois, all in suburban Saint Louis. < sigh . . . >

Mike

Scott5114

Quote from: D-Dey65 on May 13, 2024, 10:36:52 AMAs for Huddle Houses, this one had the prettiest waitresses, and mine was the best-looking of the bunch. But all of them are married with kids, so if you're a single man and looking to hook up, you've gone to the wrong place. Just be glad you can get a meal, and enjoy the view.

Why would you go to a restaurant if you wanted to hook up with someone? The waiters are there to make money, not get laid.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rothman

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 13, 2024, 09:24:11 PM
Quote from: D-Dey65 on May 13, 2024, 10:36:52 AMAs for Huddle Houses, this one had the prettiest waitresses, and mine was the best-looking of the bunch. But all of them are married with kids, so if you're a single man and looking to hook up, you've gone to the wrong place. Just be glad you can get a meal, and enjoy the view.

Why would you go to a restaurant if you wanted to hook up with someone? The waiters are there to make money, not get laid.

Read the last sentence you wrote again and I think it's becoming clear the two actions you mention are not exclusive.

LilianaUwU

People are desperate.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

roadman65

He probably is thinking of Hooters🤣

Even so Hooters isn't like that as they are girls looking to make money and not hook up.  Most waitresses at that establishment are college girls or single moms looking to make bread while having normal lives. They don't need customers to fulfill their lives except for the tips for their work of delivering meals and drinks to the patrons.

Sheryl Crowe

Flint1979

I remember eating at one about 3 years ago. It was off I-85 at exit 4 in Virginia.

Scott5114

Quote from: LilianaUwU on May 14, 2024, 12:20:46 AM

People are desperate.

Yeah, but I mean, I feel like if you're wanting to hook up with someone you'd have better luck if you went somewhere where people who wanted to hook up were, and not somewhere where someone's grinding out a paycheck for $2.13/hour...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

D-Dey65

Quote from: Flint1979 on May 14, 2024, 07:58:22 AMI remember eating at one about 3 years ago. It was off I-85 at exit 4 in Virginia.
Are you sure it wasn't exit 8?  Oh, wait. That's on I-95 in Virginia.
Quote from: roadman65 on May 14, 2024, 05:59:48 AM

He probably is thinking of Hooters🤣

Even so Hooters isn't like that as they are girls looking to make money and not hook up.  Most waitresses at that establishment are college girls or single moms looking to make bread while having normal lives. They don't need customers to fulfill their lives except for the tips for their work of delivering meals and drinks to the patrons.
Yes, I realize that too. And I really was there just for breakfast. But that Huddle House franchise just happened to have a bunch of waitresses who were surprisingly more attractive than I expected.

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 14, 2024, 08:12:14 AMYeah, but I mean, I feel like if you're wanting to hook up with someone you'd have better luck if you went somewhere where people who wanted to hook up were, and not somewhere where someone's grinding out a paycheck for $2.13/hour...
Hey, people are going to find members of the opposite sex that they find attractive in all kinds of places. That's just life.

Rothman

I kind of want to see D-dey in action at a Huddle House now.

Road Hog

I'm kind of ashamed to say I used to live with a Huddle House at the end of my long rural street outside of Cabot and never once ate there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.