News:

Cloudflare is enabled due to bots continuing to hammer the Forum.

Main Menu

Daily conversation: What is the worst possible answer?

Started by kphoger, July 17, 2025, 10:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".


kurumi

Quote from: NE2 on September 06, 2026, 08:01:29 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?
To reference Malaysian immigration. Cracker Barrel was not so successful.

Black Fork, Arkansas is a little bit off the beaten path (the parking lot is the only paved thing for miles) but their Cracker Barrel had the best nasi goreng I've ever eaten. The servers spoke all 4 languages. The owner, probably in her 70s but in great health, came up to me after the meal and said "Apa kabar."

"Sedap," I said. I only know a few words.

"Terima kasih," she said, beaming.

(There's an interesting creole among AR ag workers called Bahasa Arkansa, but that's a topic for another thread.)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

BlueSky: https://bsky.app/profile/therealkurumi.bsky.social

xonhulu

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?

Because Das Sechseck is Das Sick Sick!

vdeane

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?
Because hexagon is the bestagon.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Roadgeekteen

9/7/2026

Why are the state route signs in Massachusetts just boring squares?
My username has been outdated since August 2023 but I'm too lazy to change it

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 04:55:25 PM9/7/2026

Why are the state route signs in Massachusetts just boring squares?

Art reflecting life.

Declan127

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 04:55:25 PM9/7/2026

Why are the state route signs in Massachusetts just boring squares?

It's hip
Imma New Yoikah, fuggedaboudit!

Big John

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 04:55:25 PM9/7/2026

Why are the state route signs in Massachusetts just boring squares?
Because square roots didn't work.

TheCatalyst31

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 04:55:25 PM9/7/2026

Why are the state route signs in Massachusetts just boring squares?
To honor the state's Puritan history, the road signs aren't allowed to stimulate the senses.

kurumi

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 04:55:25 PM9/7/2026

Why are the state route signs in Massachusetts just boring squares?

What are you talking about?
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

BlueSky: https://bsky.app/profile/therealkurumi.bsky.social

jeffandnicole

This is the result when a proficient square dancer gets to choose the route shield shape.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 04:55:25 PM9/7/2026

Why are the state route signs in Massachusetts just boring squares?
They wanted to use an octagon, but thought people would confuse them for stop signs.
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

cockroachking

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 04:55:25 PM9/7/2026

Why are the state route signs in Massachusetts just boring squares?
To help disassociate from the legacy of Elbridge Gerry and his infamous salamander.

MikeTheActuary

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 04:55:25 PM9/7/2026

Why are the state route signs in Massachusetts just boring squares?

MassDOT was going to use cubes, but reverting to 2D was too significant a cost savings to ignore.

LilianaUwU

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her, no matter what you think about that.

Profile picture by antcerka.bsky.social!

MikeTheActuary

Quote from: LilianaUwU on September 08, 2026, 02:03:42 AM9/8/2026: What is the best DOT?

My late mother's friend, Dot, made incredible cakes and cookies.

Max Rockatansky


Big John


wanderer2575


xonhulu


kphoger

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 08:37:03 PM9/5/26
Why is/isn't I-57/Route 66 Fan a bot? (One answer for each)

I-57 Fan is a bot because no human could think that highway is anything but boring between Mount Vernon and Clifton.

Route 66 Fan is a bot because that highway doesn't even exist anymore.

I-57 is not a bot because he says he isn't, and bots never lie.

Route 66 fan is not a bot because he's actually a troll.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: kphoger on September 08, 2026, 10:50:40 AM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 05, 2026, 08:37:03 PM9/5/26
Why is/isn't I-57/Route 66 Fan a bot? (One answer for each)

I-57 Fan is a bot because no human could think that highway is anything but boring between Mount Vernon and Clifton.

Route 66 Fan is a bot because that highway doesn't even exist anymore.

I-57 is not a bot because he says he isn't, and bots never lie.

Route 66 fan is not a bot because he's actually a troll.
I can prove I'm not a bot, for college research I just had to go on Congress' website, Congress will not allow you on their website if you are a bot.
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 06:22:02 AM2026-09-06:
Why are Autobahn shields hexagonal?

The hexagon is a subtle nod to the Star of David, because Germany is run by the Jews.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Sapphuby

Quote from: LilianaUwU on September 08, 2026, 02:03:42 AM9/8/2026: What is the best DOT?

I prefer green apple, but there are other flavors of dots to enjoy

JayhawkCO