News:

Cloudflare is enabled due to bots continuing to hammer the Forum.

Main Menu

Delaware

Started by Alex, February 11, 2009, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992


74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

roadman65

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1EyW5MZ8Wi/


The Delaware Memorial Bridge will see NJ Bound traffic shifts during the next few months.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MASTERNC

Quote from: roadman65 on August 10, 2026, 07:32:03 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/share/p/1EyW5MZ8Wi/


The Delaware Memorial Bridge will see NJ Bound traffic shifts during the next few months.

They did something similar a few years back IIRC

74/171FAN

(For DE 896) TRAFFIC ALERT - New Castle County - Upcoming I-95 Northbound Traffic Pattern Changes

QuoteThe Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) announces the shared use path along SR 896 southbound over I-95 will be opened on or about August 14, 2026 as part of the I-95/SR 896 Interchange Project. (Weather permitting)
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

(Affects US 13 and DE 1)  Bear Road and Reybold Drive Intersection Improvements - T202411001 Public Workshop

QuoteThe Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) will be holding a public workshop to solicit public input for the intersection improvements at Bear Road and Reybold Drive (including a single-lane roundabout at the SR 1 Tybouts Interchange in Bear, Delaware). The Public Workshop will be held on September 8, 2026, at the DelDOT Canal District Office. The public is invited to attend anytime between 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

Viridiscalculus

Quote from: Alex4897 on October 23, 2024, 11:56:07 AM
Quote from: MASTERNC on October 22, 2024, 05:28:59 PMFound one flashing yellow arrow on a doghouse on the UD campus at the intersection of 273 and College Ave

https://maps.app.goo.gl/tH4HwzyneCUpRZEA6?g_st=ic

The Delaware Avenue corridor had a bunch of these added when the separated bike was built between S Main and Library Avenue, there's three more at the Academy, Haines, and Chapel St intersections. As someone both driving and bicycling along the corridor pretty regularly, it's a bit of a crapshoot as to whether left turning drivers will actually yield to bikes passing by on their left like they're supposed to.

Sorry to necro this post, but the doghouse is not the only flashing yellow signal at that intersection. When I drove through Newark 3 weeks ago, my first time since the new cycleway was built, I was excited by the four-panel flashing yellow bike signal! The scheme is the same as an FYA, only replace all balls and arrows with bike symbols. https://maps.app.goo.gl/GPxtSKvhZXnhkEE79

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992


74/171FAN

Update on DE 1 at/around Minos Conaway Road from Five Points Transportation Study Newsletter emailed to me yesterday

QuoteConstruction is continuing at this intersection with several major traffic pattern changes are on the immediate horizon. Phase 8, which includes the reconstruction of the median and SR 1 Northbound lanes from the Nassau Bridges to the project limits near Red Mill Pond, will begin at the end of September and will continue through summer 2027. All median crossovers north of the Nassau Bridges will be closed to Best Lane starting on September 28, 2026. The Best Lane cross over will remain open. Vehicles wanting to go south will U-turn at Best Lane. (Cave Neck Rd has a No U-Turn sign).

Starting in early October, Phase 2 will be complete and Phase 3 will begin. During this time three of the four legs of the new Minos Conaway roundabout will be opened. Additionally, two of the three legs of the new Janice Road roundabout will be opened. The service road on the west side of SR1 will also be opened as will the SR 1 SB off-ramp to the Minos Conaway roundabout. At this time, closure of the crossovers south of the Nassau Bridges including the Nassau Road median crossover, SB left-turn lane at Tulip Drive, and the next median crossover will be closed. The crossovers along SR1 SB from Janice Road to Savannah Road will be also be closed, however, Northbound crossovers at Surf Bagel and Tulip Drive will remain active. Phase 3 includes the completion of the roundabout at Nassau Road and New Road, and the completion of New Road realignment. This phase includes a 102-day detour of the intersection of Nassau Road and New Road to facilitate the completion of the roundabout to replace the T-junction intersection, as well as to realign New Road approaching Nassau Road.  Upon the completion of this phase, all newly created alternate routes for the project will be open and available for use by the traveling public. Duration is expected to be October 2026 through Early 2027.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992

elsmere241


74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?units=miles&u=markkos1992
Mob-Rule:  https://mob-rule.com/user/markkos1992