News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Most people with the same name at a road meet

Started by Takumi, March 19, 2014, 07:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takumi

Saturday's Hampton Roads meet looks to have four guys with the name Michael/Mike attending: myself, Mapmikey, mtantillo, and MDRoads. Will this be a record for guys with the same first name at a meet?
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

getemngo

Have David F. Backlin and David L. Backlin ever met? That would automatically win.

Baltimore 2010 had 3 Brians: Powell, Rawson-Ketchum, and Reynolds. There are enough Brians around for there to have been 4 at a meet, but I'm not sure it's happened.
~ Sam from Michigan

US71

Quote from: getemngo on March 19, 2014, 07:13:50 PM
Have David F. Backlin and David L. Backlin ever met? That would automatically win.

Baltimore 2010 had 3 Brians: Powell, Rawson-Ketchum, and Reynolds. There are enough Brians around for there to have been 4 at a meet, but I'm not sure it's happened.

In Joplin about 8-9 years ago ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

SSOWorld

Not much in STL last weekend, 2 Scotts and 2 Steves.  None were the original Scott Steeves ;)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

agentsteel53

is The Other David Backlin also into roads?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Takumi

Looking at the attendance list, a 5th Michael (mts83) is on there as well.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

getemngo

Quote from: agentsteel53 on March 19, 2014, 08:32:42 PM

He's in the Mid-America Roads group on Facebook, so I'd assume so.
~ Sam from Michigan

SSOWorld

Quote from: getemngo on March 19, 2014, 09:34:18 PM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on March 19, 2014, 08:32:42 PM

He's in the Mid-America Roads group on Facebook, so I'd assume so.
What are the chances of this happening - obviously it did.  :-o
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Duke87

It was noted at the SE PA meet in 2010 that Adam Prince, Adam Froehlig, and Adam Moss were all present. Adam Winkler and Adam Jackson were not, but they had both yet to attend their first road meet at the time.

I've yet to meet another roadgeek named Anthony in person although I do know that a couple exist.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

bugo

Quote from: SSOWorld on March 19, 2014, 07:50:31 PM
Not much in STL last weekend, 2 Scotts and 2 Steves.  None were the original Scott Steeves ;)

Unfortunately, Scottzi wasn't there.

Laura

If Laura LeBlanc and I end up at a meet together, it would be the first time two people with the same name in different languages were together at a meet. (LeBlanc and Bianca both mean white in French and Italian, respectively.)

iPhone

hbelkins

Quote from: Laura on March 22, 2014, 03:23:58 AM
If Laura LeBlanc and I end up at a meet together, it would be the first time two people with the same name in different languages were together at a meet. (LeBlanc and Bianca both mean white in French and Italian, respectively.)

She'll have to come to keep Brian from eating all the cole slaw.

(We all give Brian a hard time about how much he dislikes slaw, but I'm right there with him in that department.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bugo

I can't stand looking at or smelling slaw, so I'm sure I would think it was disgusting.

jpi

Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

roadman

Not roadmeet related, but I recall my early days (1980) at the Northeastern University (Boston) Model Railroad Club, where I was one of seven members named Steve.  We had exactly one public open house, which was the day before we had to vacate the premises to make way for a new faculty computer center (stage one of the University's efforts to run us out of business completely - by 1984, they succeded).  Every member named Steve was there, which was interesting because the dispatcher's knee-jerk reaction to a pending crash or other crisis was "Steve, Stop your train now!"  Which resulted in the entire railroad shutting down.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.