AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Charlotte  (Read 32265 times)

AcE_Wolf_287

• Last Login: May 07, 2020, 05:51:19 PM
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Charlotte
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2020, 09:30:29 AM »

Charlotte Needs another Main Interstate Route and 2 More Auxiliary Routes.

This isnt Atlanta. Any other interstate would feel like Raleigh getting I-87, in other words, out of place. Where would the auxiliary routes go? 485 is already a 65 mile loop. 85 and 77 are as vital through routes as any in NC...

I-36 or I-38 would be along US 74 and a another auxilary would be to crazy. maybe an outer loop for the metro area

i-877 would intersect

I-77/US 21 in Rock Hill, SC
I-85/US 29/US 74/US 321 in Gastonia
I-77/US 21 in Huntsville
I-85/US 29 in Concord
US 74/US 601 in Monroe

ARMOURERERIC

• Last Login: Today at 06:17:59 PM
« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2020, 02:13:00 PM »

As far as an outer loop, NC150 is scheduled for major improvement between NC16 and I77.  It will be 6 lanes with no cross traffic.

LM117

• Last Login: May 29, 2020, 07:35:39 PM
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2020, 04:02:47 PM »

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2020/2020-03-16-uptown-charlotte-ramp-closures.aspx

​CHARLOTTE N.C. Department of Transportation contract crews have scheduled several closures this week as part of a $16.3 million project to improve the roadway and 22 bridges along I-277.​

Starting tonight, crews will close the ramps from East 5th Street to U.S. 74 East, from East 4th Street to the outer loop, and from the outer loop to U.S. 74 East. The closures will be in place from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. each night through Friday morning, March 20.​​

On Wednesday and Thursday nights, the ramp from U.S. 74 West to the outer loop will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.​​ The same ramp will close this weekend from 9 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday, March 23.

​All the work is weather permitting and subject to change. Detour information will be online at DriveNC.gov under Mecklenburg County.​​

Drivers need to slow down and use extra caution while going through the work zones and the detour routes. They also need to pay extra attention to the road for their own safety, as well as any passengers, occupants of other vehicles and the construction crews in the area.​
I dont know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch! - Jim Cornette

LM117

• Last Login: May 29, 2020, 07:35:39 PM
« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2020, 12:06:25 PM »

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2020/2020-03-27-weekend-striping-work.aspx

CHARLOTTE N.C. Department of Transportation contract crews on Sunday will temporarily close lanes on Interstate 77 at the West Boulevard overpass as part of a $12.8 million improvement of the highway between exits 5 and 10. ​​

The contract calls for milling and paving, repairing concrete, and installing pavement markings and snow plowable markers along the five-mile stretch. ​​

The project also includes improvements to the northbound and southbound bridges at West Boulevard, and the bridge exiting I-77 South to West Boulevard. Crews will paint the bridges, replace bridge joints, perform repairs to the concrete deck and add a new deck overlay to smooth the ride for motorists.​​​

Weather permitting, the closures will start at 7 a.m. Sunday so crews can complete lane striping and install pavement markers. Two of three lanes may be closed in each direction throughout the day. If work is not completed, closures will be scheduled for another day. ​​

Drivers are encouraged to slow down when approaching the work zone and to pay extra attention to construction.​
I dont know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch! - Jim Cornette

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.