AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: What's your weather currently?  (Read 205637 times)

cl94

• Trust me, I'm a transportation engineer

• Last Login: December 02, 2020, 11:07:33 PM
Re: What's your weather currently?
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2016, 12:03:12 AM »

34 C (95 F) today in Winnipeg. Broke a 90 year record. Haven't had rain in over two weeks now. I'm concerned about grass fires.

With that massive fire in Alberta, I don't blame you. With the rate at which it's expanding, it very well might become the largest wildfire in recorded history.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

JMoses24

• Last Login: December 02, 2020, 10:08:29 AM
« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2016, 12:07:28 AM »

49 degrees and partly cloudy in Springdale, OH at midnight. Heading for the 60's Friday and 70's Saturday.

jakeroot

• U/Wash | GIS & Urban Design

• Location: Seattle and Tacoma, WA Vancouver, BC | Arlington, VA
  • Last Login: Today at 01:51:26 PM
    • Flickr
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2016, 12:16:50 AM »

34 C (95 F) today in Winnipeg. Broke a 90 year record. Haven't had rain in over two weeks now. I'm concerned about grass fires.

With that massive fire in Alberta, I don't blame you. With the rate at which it's expanding, it very well might become the largest wildfire in recorded history.

That's a bit of a stretch. History's largest fires stem from years when they were allowed to freely burn, and scorched millions of acres. I doubt this would ever reach that magnitude, especially with the cooler temperatures and low winds forecast for the foreseeable future.
Check out my Flickr  |  Comments which I make here do not reflect positions of the University of Washington ("UW"), anyone employed by UW, nor any other students of UW. All comments are my own, and reflect my own ridiculous opinions.

Rothman

• Last Login: Today at 01:31:27 PM
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2016, 10:20:35 AM »

History's largest fires stem from years when they were allowed to freely burn, and scorched millions of acres.

I thought the problem now was due to the U.S.' former full suppression policy on wildfires that we've messed with wildfires actually being an integral part of forestry.  Hence, now we have the controlled burns and whatnot to rectify the unnatural overabundance of fuel caused by the former misguided policy.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

ET21

• Last Login: Today at 09:42:21 AM
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2016, 06:54:18 PM »

83 degrees, gorgeous day :bigass:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where your going, without forgetting where your from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

english si

• Last Login: November 27, 2019, 04:02:44 AM
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2016, 02:15:39 PM »

Reached 27 (81 in German units that the Germans never really used) here, which would be considered 'nice' in summer. We had freezing weather just 10 days ago, with snow and sleet!

Even now at 7pm after it has cooled down to a typical-warm-May-day temperature of 20, we're still currently hotter than Los Angeles (where it is 11am and nearly as hot as it is going to get today). I'm surprised the air isn't full of BBQ smells, but I guess it's caught us by surprise quite how pleasant today was.

english si

• Last Login: November 27, 2019, 04:02:44 AM
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2016, 02:17:58 PM »

It's stopped raining now, but today has been miserable. I don't think it got over 50F all day, and rained heavily most of the afternoon. Great start to my summer break :( (and the schoolkids all have this week off and will probably drive their parents nuts), but yesterday wasn't too bad - often Bank Holidays have horrible weather.

kkt

• Last Login: Today at 02:03:02 PM
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2016, 04:09:26 PM »

Just gorgeous.  72 degrees F, about 95% clear, light breeze.

SignGeek101

• Winnipeg sign geek and civil engineering student.

• Last Login: July 19, 2018, 09:05:19 PM
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2016, 11:02:17 PM »

Cold and rainy here. Temperature was going below 20 C (68 F) in the house, so on went the furnace in the house (check your calendar, it's June..)  :angry:
It was on for only a little while though. I don't want to pay that much for gas this time of year!

On the bright side, it completely refilled my rain barrel in the back, so that means free water for me for awhile.

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

• Last Login: July 12, 2019, 02:55:21 PM
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2016, 10:57:52 AM »

Supposedly it's going to thunderstorm today. May even see some severe ones, and possibly, a tornado or two in the Mid-Atlantic. Well, that's what they are saying anyways, so let's see how spot-on they are with those predictions... I love me a good thunderstorm! 
Life's too short to play it safe.

Exploring roads in my 2018 Honda Civic Type R. Hopefully those roads are free of potholes :D

Bruce

• Transit Commuter

• Last Login: Today at 03:10:45 AM
    • Wikipedia
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2016, 07:33:12 PM »

88 degrees F, clear and sunny. Too hot to be comfortable, especially without AC (which many residences here lack).

Went for a nice walk yesterday with some friends and ate dinner at the Columbia Tower Club, some 900 feet above street level.

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2016, 08:53:52 PM »

Supposedly it's going to thunderstorm today. May even see some severe ones, and possibly, a tornado or two in the Mid-Atlantic. Well, that's what they are saying anyways, so let's see how spot-on they are with those predictions... I love me a good thunderstorm!

And we got... nothing (besides rain). Hillsborough kills most severe weather that enters it's boundaries. That squall line looked a lot more menacing before it hit us...

Exploring roads in my 2018 Honda Civic Type R. Hopefully those roads are free of potholes :D

jakeroot

• Flickr
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2016, 12:39:45 AM »

88 degrees F, clear and sunny. Too hot to be comfortable, especially without AC (which many residences here lack).

My house feels like it's about a million degrees. Every house I've ever lived in up until last week has had A/C. My new abode...does not. I am miserable.

My phone was reading 94 F, and my car was reading 96 F. Granted, it was the South Hill weather station, south of Puyallup, which is almost always hotter than Seattle.

And we got... nothing (besides rain). Hillsborough kills most severe weather that enters it's boundaries. That squall line looked a lot more menacing before it hit us...

I hate when that happens. We very seldom get thunderstorms in the Seattle area, so I always get excited when I hear one might be approaching. Of course, when they then don't arrive, I am left very disappointed.
Check out my Flickr  |  Comments which I make here do not reflect positions of the University of Washington ("UW"), anyone employed by UW, nor any other students of UW. All comments are my own, and reflect my own ridiculous opinions.

SignGeek101

• Winnipeg sign geek and civil engineering student.

• Last Login: July 19, 2018, 09:05:19 PM
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2016, 01:28:16 AM »

I actually like the house temperature to be about 25 (77 F) or so during the summer. Anything lower is too cold. I also don't like AC too much either.

Of course, when they then don't arrive, I am left very disappointed.

Thunderstorms mean tornadoes and severe weather sometimes anyway. Though, I do feel the same as you. We got a short storm yesterday. Some lighting and thunder, and it quickly moved on.

jakeroot

• Flickr
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2016, 02:10:10 AM »

Of course, when they then don't arrive, I am left very disappointed.

Thunderstorms mean tornadoes and severe weather sometimes anyway. Though, I do feel the same as you. We got a short storm yesterday. Some lighting and thunder, and it quickly moved on.

Certainly if you live in the south, or some parts of the Prairies, they can mean bad things. And while we do get tornadoes from time to time around here, they are never more than EF1...they might tear up a barn or knock over some train cars, but that's it. For the most part, thunderstorms here mean lightning and hail, maybe some short-lived standing water. That's pretty much it (so, in short, I can like thunderstorms without feeling guilty).

kkt

• Last Login: Today at 02:03:02 PM
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2016, 02:32:18 AM »

Very hot outside today.  I moved into this house in May, and it has AC!  Woohoo!

noelbotevera

• Now at a Redbox kiosk near you!

• Last Login: December 02, 2020, 07:23:37 PM
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2016, 02:33:40 AM »

Lovin' the thunderin' with the rain I'm getting here. Good thing I live in a flat area.
Doing things that nobody wants to do since 2004.
I was THE youngest forum member from May 14th, 2015 to September 25th, 2016.

I am the second Alex, since I currently use my father's name...

TravelingBethelite

• My way IS the highway.

• Last Login: Today at 02:07:59 PM
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2016, 06:39:31 AM »

A gorgeous day in store here, highs in the lower 80s and partly sunny skies.
"Life is a highway, and I want to drive it all night long!" -Tom Cochrane
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2004 Hyundai Elantra GT

Bruce

• Transit Commuter

• Wikipedia
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2016, 04:01:41 PM »

Still hot.

It took me until 2 am last night to fall asleep. I can't deal with the heat, especially when it is slow to dissipate and when my bedroom is facing west.

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2016, 06:42:53 PM »

I couldn't survive in anything above 80 degrees and >65% humidity. I abhor humidity. Sweating easily is not a good thing for people like me who don't shower in the morning.

Bruce

• Transit Commuter

• Wikipedia
« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2016, 08:17:10 PM »

After a hot day yesterday (walking around in the shade-less suburbs in 85F heat was no fun), we've got a reprieve.

Currently 59F and cloudy here. It would be perfect if not for the sudden change giving me a bit of a cold.

Yesterday, the low (at 5 am) was 59F.

cl94

• Trust me, I'm a transportation engineer

• Last Login: December 02, 2020, 11:07:33 PM
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2016, 02:29:55 PM »

85 degrees and sunny, no wind, 30% humidity. Going to get into the mid-90s tomorrow and Monday here in Albany. That's too hot for me. My air conditioning hasn't shut off all day.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

freebrickproductions

• The traffic signal enthusiast for north Alabama.

• Last Login: February 10, 2020, 03:56:39 PM
    • Mike's Railroad Crossing Website
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2016, 04:37:50 PM »

Hot. Humid. The usual.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

TravelingBethelite

• My way IS the highway.

• Last Login: Today at 02:07:59 PM
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2016, 05:27:16 PM »

Finally some good summer heat...mid-to-upper 80s for the the foreseeable future. All good with me.  :colorful:
"Life is a highway, and I want to drive it all night long!" -Tom Cochrane
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2004 Hyundai Elantra GT

CNGL-Leudimin

• When in doubt, US 41

• Last Login: Today at 02:03:14 PM
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2016, 05:32:44 PM »

And in this part of the world the temps have been cool in the last few days, reaching only the low 70s. It even has snowed up in the mountains!
Sign TN 168 to I-40 now!

Proud of having legally turned right on red. In Europe.

All times 6 hours behind my real time unless otherwise noted.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.