News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Un-lurking from St. Cloud, MN

Started by lakewobegon, October 06, 2016, 07:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakewobegon

I've been reading content on this site for 2 years. Grew up in New England (I know what MA 128 is), but now have been in central MN for 27 years.
I became a road geek in the mid-60's when we had to go from Windsor, CT to Alexandria, LA every summer. I was attracted to BGS and maps and have been ever since.
I love driving new routes and roads, but haven't gotten to the point of clinching roads or taking sign pictures. I think driving through mountains is more interesting than cities, so Max Rockantansky's posts are great.
I also work as a meteorology professor and forecast daily.
Bob Weisman
Bob Weisman

US 81

TR69

Welcome from a fellow meteorologist and friend of BGSs.

froggie

Guessing you're at St. Cloud State, which means we may know some of the same people (Andrew Revering, Michael Stanga, some of the other MN storm chasers).

I did the opposite of you geographically....grew up in Minnesota, wound up in New England.

Alex

Welcome to the board! Plenty of other Minnesota road enthusiasts here and weather fans in general as well.

hotdogPi

Welcome from northeastern Massachusetts!
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

jbnati27

7/8

SignGeek101

TheHighwayMan3561

Howdy, from 35 miles to the southeast.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

amroad17

Welcome from Northern Kentucky! 

I like the "lakewobegon" name.  I listen to "The Prairie Home Companion" show every once in a while when I can.  I find it very entertaining.  Have you ever been to one of the shows there in St. Paul?
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

noelbotevera

Welcome from the place that has strange names like Intercourse!

paulthemapguy

Weather involves maps.  Therefore, I love it.
There's a weather thread with plenty of potential in the off-topic section.  If you post there, it might be a good time XD
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

cjk374

Quote from: amroad17 on October 07, 2016, 03:39:21 AM
Welcome from Northern Kentucky! 

I like the "lakewobegon" name.  I listen to "The Prairie Home Companion" show every once in a while when I can.  I find it very entertaining.  Have you ever been to one of the shows there in St. Paul?

"The Prairie Home Companion" instantly popped in my mind when I read his name also. "Lake Wobegon Days" is a good book as well.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.