News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Changing one letter of a thread title

Started by hotdogPi, January 31, 2021, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > Clinching countries!JayhawkCO has completed 3 continents

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > What on earth is this cat?it ended up being an Egyptian Mau

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > Favorite Beats on the Roadinspired by Kerouac's On the Road

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > Where is the best beef in Portland?recommendations for a good steak

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > Infernal Border Checkpointsjust slightly more rant-like than the actual thread

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > Paying people from ChicagoWestern Union?  Paypal?

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > Enough with the flying bar hypeit was a COVID thing, briefly

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > Have you ever gotten dick on a road trip?NSFW
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 11, 2022, 04:36:31 PM
Quote from: skluth on March 11, 2022, 04:18:09 PM
If one state was run by another DOD - What happens when the Defense Department takes over a state

Most of you guys have no idea how poorly the DOD signs their roads. 

I got to go on an Air Force base a few times as a kid. I remember a lot of white-on-brown Helvetica.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Scott5114

General Highway Talk > Wildest freeway you've been onwhich road has the craziest drivers?

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 13, 2022, 09:14:14 PM
General Highway Talk > Wildest freeway you've been onwhich road has the craziest drivers?

Or an alternative interpretation - freeways of the Wild West  :-P

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: vdeane on March 11, 2022, 02:35:35 PM
Visiting knightclubs when you're 5

I'm sure there's someone here who went to Medieval Times when they were 5.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

skluth

Routes You Clench And Re-Clench On A Frequent Basis - highways that really could use more rest stops so you end up clenching your teeth (and other orifices) until you find a rest room

Evan_Th

Quote from: 1 on March 09, 2022, 07:22:27 PM
Do You DATE Traffic Signals????? (five question marks because that's really creepy if you do)

Or the less creepy version:  "This stoplight is from sometime in the 90's.  Before '97, the red bulb would probably have been slightly bigger, but it's still possible..."

hotdogPi

There are several threads on this forum about incandescent signals. One of them is instead about incendescent signals, i.e. they catch fire.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

kphoger

AARoads Forum > National Boards > General Highway Talk > renaming roans

(should have been posted in Off-Topic, but that user seems to think everything belongs in General Highway Talk for some reason)

POLL.

* Stormy
* Shadow
* Dusty
* Stone
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Road names that roll off the lounge ... brought to you by this easy-to-miss typo  :-P

SkyPesos

The genesis of US 666: The first chapter written in the devil's POV.

Scott5114

Quote from: SkyPesos on March 23, 2022, 09:42:45 PM

I mean, there was a US-666 until 2003...

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 24, 2022, 08:18:59 PM
Quote from: SkyPesos on March 23, 2022, 09:42:45 PM

I mean, there was a US-666 until 2003...

Which also had what is arguably the most intense mountain segment of any US Route in the form of the Coronado Trail (which locals still call the Devil's Highway).  Fortunately the Coronado Trail segment is still part of US 191. 

TheHighwayMan3561

The Fattest Highways - highways with the highest proportion of fast food restaurants along them. Breezewood, PA?
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

SSOWorld

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic > People walking around with straw or gay hanging out of their mouths > flip?

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic > Will Smith slips Chris Rock at Oscars > Slips him what?

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic > Toadgeek Memes > Because TOADS

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic > You are too old if you remember....... > Really bold to remember that!
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

SkyPesos

Not mine, but a good one

Quote from: triplemultiplex on April 08, 2022, 04:16:42 PM
Not gonna lie, I first read the thread title as "The best skis for long-distance driving" :-D

kphoger

AARoads Forum > Regional Boards > Southeast > Sunpass dollsFTE introduces a new bobblehead transponder

AARoads Forum > Regional Boards > Ohio Valley > Sad Newtssalamander habitat disrupted by construction work

AARoads Forum > Regional Boards > Mountain West > Indiana routesshould have been moved to Midwest - Great Lakes
Male pronouns, please.

Big John

Cat washes - watch for scratching.

formulanone

Quote from: Big John on April 08, 2022, 05:41:08 PM
Cat washes - watch for scratching.

This is exactly what I expected when I opened this thread, and it did not disappoint.

kphoger

AARoads Forum > Regional Boards > Northwest > Trolling SR 520NE2 was involved, of course

AARoads Forum > Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic > Beer take a fatal toll on motorcyclistsDon't ride drunk!

AARoads Forum > Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic > Delaware Bridge PoopsMoved to Photos, Videos, and More

AARoads Forum > Regional Boards > Ohio Valley > Kentucky's Coveted BridgesThe only three in the state that hbelkins hasn't clinched
Male pronouns, please.

SkyPesos

"Fat bridge" - A thread about bridges that are too wide

"Hat bridge" - A thread about a special type of covered bridges

"Bat bridge" - A thread about bridges that are home to bats

"Cat bridge" - A thread about bridges for cats

"Rat bride" - A thread about marrying rats

kphoger

Rap bridge  ??  A different type of singing/musical bridge  ??
Male pronouns, please.

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Big John

Dad smells in restaurants - farts, Bengay?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.