News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

Bruce

Wikipedia - TravelMapping (100% of WA SRs)

Photos

kalvado

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 03:10:32 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on February 11, 2023, 03:05:10 PM
Maybe you should enlist.   It would help you out tremendously. You might learn discipline.

Nah, I want to get paid for my work when I have a job.
How many times did you send your resume to prospective employers?

roadman65

Quote from: thspfc on February 11, 2023, 03:13:42 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on February 11, 2023, 02:59:09 PM
Quote from: thspfc on February 11, 2023, 02:46:38 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 02:08:12 PM
That's actually as low as 16 in some states with "Parental Consent", yet you can't even buy a $2 lottery ticket until 18.
Teenagers are awful with money. Many adults are too, but adults at least understand the concept of money and why it’s important.

We never get to hold it anymore. It’s Direct Deposited and then spent from Debit Card.

We used to have a checkbook where we saw our balances so we based our spending habits around what we have. Nowadays we don’t know what we have until we use our bank app after we spent two bucks on the coffee we see at the gas pump which is too late and beyond the point to pace ourselves.
That’s not an excuse. Budgeting is as easy as recording a number in a spreadsheet each time you receive money or make a purchase.

But people aren’t doing that. People carelessly spend.

Even when you see the numbers and comprehend them, it’s still not as comprehending as when you see it in cash form.

Your subconscious mind does things to you that we fail to realize.

That’s why in sales I had to use certain words in a sentence in a certain voice tone. My way may be the same, but to a customer it can make or break the sale.  The subconscious mind reacts always.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 03:10:32 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on February 11, 2023, 03:05:10 PM
Maybe you should enlist.   It would help you out tremendously. You might learn discipline.

Nah, I want to get paid for my work when I have a job.

Are you even aware that housing allowances and food allowances aren't counted as income for military members?  You can make a pretty decent living getting out high school by enlisting if you stay single and don't rush into having kids (trouble is a lot don't).  Let's not forget about things like the GI Bill, most people I know who went into the military did so to take advantage of that benefit.  Hell, if you make E6 you can go for a twenty-year retirement pension.

roadman65

Quote from: Bruce on February 11, 2023, 03:16:02 PM

Hot topic today.

This guy loves to argue with people hence his high post count that Scott has to monitor and Max occasionally points out.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 03:21:05 PM
I don't have a completed resume, actually I think I have one online on a job site, but the 6-8 that I've looked at so far didn't really require one. I may just apply to Sanitation, the advertised salary was $1200-$2000/week, and no CDL required.

And do you really think I would have an issue with not having kids?  :nod:

I'm just saying a lot of military members rush into having kids and getting married.  A lot see it as a short term way to get out barracks housing.  It often comes back to haunt them if they don't make rank and get kicked out at 14 years.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 03:43:39 PM
I agree with that.

@roadman literally every person posting in this thread has a higher post count than me. And personally, I take offense to being a "Turnpike", fuck tolls. I request my post count be locked at the highest prime number under 1500.
You've posted an average of 15 times per day. All of us have been on the forum for 5-13 years before you joined.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kkt

Getting privileges gradually as you age is a good thing.  Going from a legal infant to a full adult at one arbitrary birthday would be a terrible idea.

thspfc

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 03:04:46 PM
Quote from: thspfc on February 11, 2023, 02:46:38 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 02:08:12 PM
That's actually as low as 16 in some states with "Parental Consent", yet you can't even buy a $2 lottery ticket until 18.
Teenagers are awful with money. Many adults are too, but adults at least understand the concept of money and why it's important.

Citation needed.
You don't cite anything for any of your wild claims. Why do you expect me to do so?

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kkt on February 11, 2023, 04:22:01 PM
Getting privileges gradually as you age is a good thing.  Going from a legal infant to a full adult at one arbitrary birthday would be a terrible idea.
I agree to an extent, but I do think that the drinking age should be 18 just like how it is in much of Canada and europe.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

MultiMillionMiler

And the most harmful ones, like going to jail and joining the military, should be last.

roadman65

Mr. Gambini:  It appears to me, that you want to skip the arraignment, go right to trial, then skip that for an acquittal.

It seems like some want to do that with coming of adult too.

Sheryl Crowe

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 04:24:50 PM

And the most harmful ones, like going to jail and joining the military, should be last.
OK, you have a confusing view on jail. Should minors be tried as adults? I don't think so. But a 16 year old should know not to go out and murder 3 people. That's why teens can be charged with murder. Because at a certain age, a teenager should very well know that murder is not ok. Teens are old and strong enough to be dangers to society.

vdeane

Quote from: kalvado on February 11, 2023, 08:01:48 AM
Quote from: vdeane on February 10, 2023, 10:02:06 PM
Why should someone get an advantage in life just because they won the birth lottery and had rich parents?

And honestly, MMM being born with a silver spoon in his mouth explains a LOT.  He's never lived in the real world.  Ever.  No wonder all his ideas are fantastical.  He is Example A for why we need a national service requirement... perhaps a year in a small town and a year in a big city doing community service.  Could help bring people in this country together to understand each other.
There is a birth lottery wether you like it or not. It's about money, it's about family role models, health, citizenship and what not.
What MMM wants here is parent's support extending past the childhood into the years when building up of career foundation - skills, connections, work ethics - should happen.
Would be interesting to see what his education really is - something real world, or something that provides little benefit beyond clicking the "college degree" checkbox.
Historically, we have tried to minimize it with policies like having public schools, making schooling mandatory, welfare, estate taxes, etc.  Sadly we seem to be moving away from that and towards more inequality.  Let's appreciate how hypocritical MMM is for ranting about how his generation is poor on one hand but then wanting kids to be supported off their rich parents!

Parents lending connections to their kids sounds a lot like nepotism to me, and if we did that, how is someone who doesn't have connections supposed to get anywhere?

Let's face it - the only reason MMM has time to spam the forum is because he's bumming off his parents instead of getting a job, and he's not getting a job because he feels work is "too hard".  And given that he described high school as harder than college, I would not at all be surprised if his degree is more along the lines of getting something just to say they have a degree rather than something that gives real-world skills.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 11, 2023, 12:42:24 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 11:56:19 AM
Quote from: SectorZ on February 11, 2023, 09:13:08 AM
Just perusing the last two pages, I can't understand how someone can call a service requirement fascist and then simultaneously say humans don't have a right to reproduce. You cannot be more contradictory than that.

And how exactly would this mandatory service requirement be implemented/enforced? Thank God Canada is only a 350 mile drive away if that ever happened.

Being fearful of military service definitely seems on brand for you.  That said, I believe the suggestions cited in the prior replies were more along the lines of mandatory community services.
Yes, exactly, community services, specifically with the aim of bringing people together and bridging the gap between urban and rural areas.  The biggest problem we have as a country right now is that we morally and culturally aren't one country, rather two, and those two countries are moving further and further apart.  It's to the point where I don't see us surviving as a free society.  Abraham Lincoln put it best:
"'A house divided against itself cannot stand.'  I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved–I do not expect the house to fall–but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing, or all the other."

We are currently a house divided against itself, and unless something radically changes, we will cease to be divided by one side imposing their worldview by force on the other.  Exposing everyone to both urban and rural environments and the people within them would go a long way to healing our divisions.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

roadman65

Quote from: vdeane on February 11, 2023, 04:38:11 PM
Why should someone get an advantage in life just because they won the birth lottery and had rich parents?

And honestly, MMM being born with a silver spoon in his mouth explains a LOT.  He's never lived in the real world.  Ever.  No wonder all his ideas are fantastical.  He is Example A for why we need a national service requirement... perhaps a year in a small town and a year in a big city doing community service.  Could help bring people in this country together to understand each other.
There is a birth lottery wether you like it or not. It's about money, it's about family role models, health, citizenship and what not.
What MMM wants here is parent's support extending past the childhood into the years when building up of career foundation - skills, connections, work ethics - should happen.
Would be interesting to see what his education really is - something real world, or something that provides little benefit beyond clicking the "college degree" checkbox.
Historically, we have tried to minimize it with policies like having public schools, making schooling mandatory, welfare, estate taxes, etc.  Sadly we seem to be moving away from that and towards more inequality.  Let's appreciate how hypocritical MMM is for ranting about how his generation is poor on one hand but then wanting kids to be supported off their rich parents!

Parents lending connections to their kids sounds a lot like nepotism to me, and if we did that, how is someone who doesn't have connections supposed to get anywhere?

Let's face it - the only reason MMM has time to spam the forum is because he's bumming off his parents instead of getting a job, and he's not getting a job because he feels work is "too hard".  And given that he described high school as harder than college, I would not at all be surprised if his degree is more along the lines of getting something just to say they have a degree rather than something that gives real-world skills.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 11, 2023, 12:42:24 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 11:56:19 AM
Quote from: SectorZ on February 11, 2023, 09:13:08 AM
Just perusing the last two pages, I can't understand how someone can call a service requirement fascist and then simultaneously say humans don't have a right to reproduce. You cannot be more contradictory than that.

And how exactly would this mandatory service requirement be implemented/enforced? Thank God Canada is only a 350 mile drive away if that ever happened.

Being fearful of military service definitely seems on brand for you.  That said, I believe the suggestions cited in the prior replies were more along the lines of mandatory community services.
Yes, exactly, community services, specifically with the aim of bringing people together and bridging the gap between urban and rural areas.  The biggest problem we have as a country right now is that we morally and culturally aren't one country, rather two, and those two countries are moving further and further apart.  It's to the point where I don't see us surviving as a free society.  Abraham Lincoln put it best:
"'A house divided against itself cannot stand.'  I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved–I do not expect the house to fall–but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing, or all the other."

We are currently a house divided against itself, and unless something radically changes, we will cease to be divided by one side imposing their worldview by force on the other.  Exposing everyone to both urban and rural environments and the people within them would go a long way to healing our divisions.

You're right about that one as elections every four years are getting more and more and more heated. 

Sheryl Crowe

kalvado

Quote from: vdeane on February 11, 2023, 04:38:11 PM

Well, there is definitely an attempt to help those who are not getting much from the family. Now can you limit what those better off can do for their kids? Moving to a better school district?  Showing an example of lowing and hard-working family? Those are non-monetary, but highly valuable things parents can provide.
Connections... I would say there is a way to use connections as opposed to abusing them. You cannot eliminate that. FOr example, knowing about a good job opening may make a big difference. Staying on that job due to connections? That's too much..

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 11, 2023, 04:29:36 PM

OK, you have a confusing view on jail. Should minors be tried as adults? I don't think so. But a 16 year old should know not to go out and murder 3 people. That's why teens can be charged with murder. Because at a certain age, a teenager should very well know that murder is not ok. Teens are old and strong enough to be dangers to society.

Most people that age who commit crimes have serious untreated mental health issues, and that is the fault of whoever didn't get them treatment. Only 1 in 5 of the adolescents that have diagnosable conditions ever receive it. Instead of all the tough on crime bullshit and lowering age thresholds, more funding needs to go into mental illness treatment. It's not fair that people who have undeveloped brains, hormonal imbalances, and/or psychiatric issues are held to the same standard as normal healthy people.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 03:43:39 PM
I request my post count be locked at the highest prime number under 1500.

You have the power to lock your own post count at whatever number you want: Quit posting.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kirbykart

Holy shit what has happened in this thread??!!??!!

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 11, 2023, 04:53:25 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 11, 2023, 04:29:36 PM

Most people that age who commit crimes have serious untreated mental health issues, and that is the fault of whoever didn't get them treatment. Only 1 in the adolescents that have diagnosable conditions ever receive it. Instead of all the rough on crime bullshit and lowering age thresholds, more funding needs to go into mental illness treatment. It's not fair that people who have undeveloped brains, hormonal imbalances, and/or psychiatric issues are held to the same standard as normal healthy people.
It's funny. I kinda agree with you on many things, but your ideas are so far off from reality on many issues that it's hard to know what to trust. And the fact that you have never held a job at age 24 probably doesn't help other people take you seriously either.

kalvado

Quote from: kirbykart on February 11, 2023, 04:54:55 PM
Holy shit what has happened in this thread??!!??!!
Shit happens... Holy or not - that's a different question

Roadgeekteen

Are all of us allowed to create our own versions of this thread? I really want to create "The universe according to RGT"

Rothman

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 11, 2023, 05:01:03 PM
Are all of us allowed to create our own versions of this thread? I really want to create "The universe according to RGT"
No.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Only if you want everyone to think you're incredibly lame and make fun of you.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Rothman on February 11, 2023, 05:01:54 PM
No.
I noticed that MMM did not create this thread. I could create a thread "The universe according to Rothman!"

I won't

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 11, 2023, 05:02:54 PM

Only if you want everyone to think you're incredibly lame and make fun of you.
I'm convinced that many people already think that of me honestly. I'm not down there in the dumps in terms of respect, but I'm not exactly up there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.