News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2024 List of Potential Road Meets

Started by A.J. Bertin, October 01, 2023, 11:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texaskdog

Quote from: okroads on March 18, 2024, 06:53:05 PMI've scheduled Austin, TX for November 2.

aww dang never been to one and we've already booked Big Bend for that weekend.

epzik8

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 01, 2023, 11:32:24 AMMilton DE Route 1/16 (?) - TBD

Milton must be a pretty elite place to have roadmeet hosting privileges.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: epzik8 on May 07, 2024, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 01, 2023, 11:32:24 AMMilton DE Route 1/16 (?) - TBD

Milton must be a pretty elite place to have roadmeet hosting privileges.

I can't recall who proposed this meet, but it's been a while since I last heard anything about it.
-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

I think this was something Alps was possibly doing.  ;-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

Quote from: jpi on May 12, 2024, 08:16:15 AMI think this was something Alps was possibly doing.  ;-)
what? I checked and no one has posted about such a thing.

74/171FAN

Quote from: Alps on May 12, 2024, 01:00:45 PM
Quote from: jpi on May 12, 2024, 08:16:15 AMI think this was something Alps was possibly doing.  ;-)

I found it.  (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31678.0)
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

vdeane

Quote from: 74/171FAN on May 12, 2024, 02:13:16 PM
Quote from: Alps on May 12, 2024, 01:00:45 PM

I found it.  (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31678.0)
I guess that announcement really was far too early! :-D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: TheHighwayMan3561 on October 17, 2023, 01:41:39 PMI'm considering a second Duluth meet, with the tentative date of October 27. The centerpiece would be the new I-35/535/US 53 interchange with almost all work on the project likely complete by that date.

Was never really a serious consideration, but confirming will not happen because of both delays in this project as well as committing to being out of the country at that time.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Rothman

Quote from: TheHighwayMan3561 on May 16, 2024, 05:30:55 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan3561 on October 17, 2023, 01:41:39 PMI'm considering a second Duluth meet, with the tentative date of October 27. The centerpiece would be the new I-35/535/US 53 interchange with almost all work on the project likely complete by that date.

Was never really a serious consideration, but confirming will not happen because of both delays in this project as well as committing to being out of the country at that time.

Nice cover...sounded serious.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

SSOWorld

旅行をお楽しみください
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 01, 2023, 11:32:24 AMHi, everyone!  October is here... so we're down to only three more months of 2023.  I figured I would, once again, create and maintain a list of road meets for this next calendar year.

For those of us who are on Facebook, a new group called Road Meets was created over the past week in which folks are welcome to share anything related to road meets of the past and future.  I'd like to give a shout out to Gribblenation, Tom Fearer, Doug Kerr, and Dan Murphy for serving as admins of that group.  Thank you for doing that!  :)  Here's the link to that group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/836455994788814

Even though we now have the Road Meets group on Facebook, I still think we need to keep a list of meets on this forum for multiple reasons.  Mainly, I'm thinking of the folks in our community who are not on Facebook.  I'll be monitoring the Facebook group as well as this forum to keep this list up to date as best as I can for 2024.

Here are the potential meets I'm aware of so far for 2024:
  • New Orleans LA "national meet" - February 17-18
  • Atlanta GA "mini meet" - March 2
  • Bakersfield CA - April 13
  • Charlotte NC "city meet" (choose your own sightseeing) - April 20
  • Salem OR (?) - April 28
  • Southwest Pennsylvania (25-year anniversary meet - "SWPA25") - May 4
  • Milton DE Route 1/16 - June 8 (?)
  • Meadville PA - June 22
  • Indianapolis IN - June 29
  • Michigan City IN - July 20
  • Berkeley Springs WV (MD/PA/VA/WV Quad State meet) - August 17
  • Reno / Carson City NV - September 21
  • Orlando FL - October 5
  • Duluth MN (?) - October 27
  • Brattleboro VT (?) - October or November
  • Austin TX - November 2

I think this captures all the tentative meets I've heard about so far.  If I've forgotten anything or if anyone is thinking of hosting a meet in 2024 that they haven't shared yet (and you're ready to share), please chime in and I will update the list accordingly.

I'm looking forward to our next year of road meets!

Crossed off Duluth on the list because of this quote:

-Jay Seaburg

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on May 17, 2024, 07:30:47 PMCrossed off Duluth on the list because of this quote:

Thanks... I've crossed it off of the primary list at the top of this thread.
-A.J. from Michigan

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 01, 2023, 11:32:24 AMHi, everyone!  October is here... so we're down to only three more months of 2023.  I figured I would, once again, create and maintain a list of road meets for this next calendar year.

For those of us who are on Facebook, a new group called Road Meets was created over the past week in which folks are welcome to share anything related to road meets of the past and future.  I'd like to give a shout out to Gribblenation, Tom Fearer, Doug Kerr, and Dan Murphy for serving as admins of that group.  Thank you for doing that!  :)  Here's the link to that group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/836455994788814

Even though we now have the Road Meets group on Facebook, I still think we need to keep a list of meets on this forum for multiple reasons.  Mainly, I'm thinking of the folks in our community who are not on Facebook.  I'll be monitoring the Facebook group as well as this forum to keep this list up to date as best as I can for 2024.

• Meadville PA - June 22
  • Orlando FL - October 5
  • Austin TX - November 2

I think this captures all the tentative meets I've heard about so far.  If I've forgotten anything or if anyone is thinking of hosting a meet in 2024 that they haven't shared yet (and you're ready to share), please chime in and I will update the list accordingly.

Crossed the Delaware meet off the list...
-Jay Seaburg

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on May 18, 2024, 03:08:50 PM

• Meadville PA - June 22
  • Orlando FL - October 5
  • Austin TX - November 2

Crossed the Delaware meet off the list...

I'm keeping the primary list at the top of this thread up to date.  While I can't guarantee that my updates to the list will take place immediately after someone else gives an update on their meet, I generally do update the list within a day or two after I see one of those updates.  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.