News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Erroneous road signs

Started by FLRoads, January 20, 2009, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtk

A few nights ago I noticed, at the junction of US 62 / OH 3 and OH 238 near Bloomingburg, all the signs I could see as I passed through on 62 SB referred to OH 38, instead of 238.  IMO it would be logical if ODOT rerouted 38 to take over 238, downgrading existing 38 south of Bloomingburg to the county, but the District 6 website doesn't indicate they've done that.  Subsequently I crossed OH 38 just southwest of Bloomingburg and there was an OH 38 marker there.  Either the signs in one of those locations is wrong, or OH 38 now exists in a highly improbable short or three-legged route.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

MarkF

I'm guessing the city of Irvine is responsible for this sign on southbound Sand Canyon, the one at the onramp shows the Interstate correctly.  It has been there for a few months now.

andy3175

Quote from: MarkF on January 08, 2015, 01:33:59 AM
I'm guessing the city of Irvine is responsible for this sign on southbound Sand Canyon, the one at the onramp shows the Interstate correctly.  It has been there for a few months now.

Well at least it is a state-named shield!
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

KG909

The "u" in Muñoz is backwards
~Fuccboi

jakeroot

Quote from: KG909 on January 08, 2015, 11:34:57 PM

Does New Mexico normally use full-width exit tabs in the same manner as Washington State (not like Illinois since they right-align theirs)?

KG909

Quote from: jakeroot on January 09, 2015, 12:55:19 AM
Quote from: KG909 on January 08, 2015, 11:34:57 PM

Does New Mexico normally use full-width exit tabs in the same manner as Washington State (not like Illinois since they right-align theirs)?
I don't think so, I looked at other signs and they were only on the right and on tabs.

~Fuccboi

vtk

I would guess the full-width exit tab is because the Muños sign is so narrow.

PHLBOS

Quote from: KG909 on January 09, 2015, 01:07:07 AM
I know it's being used as a street name; but seeing Route 66 as destination/street just seems weird.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

thenetwork

Quote from: vtk on January 09, 2015, 04:40:01 AM
I would guess the full-width exit tab is because the Muños sign is so narrow.

Colorado does the same thing (the "uni-tab") when a sign is narrow in width, so like in NM, it's not on all their signs.

vtk

Quote from: vtk on January 07, 2015, 05:13:34 PM
A few nights ago I noticed, at the junction of US 62 / OH 3 and OH 238 near Bloomingburg, all the signs I could see as I passed through on 62 SB referred to OH 38, instead of 238.  IMO it would be logical if ODOT rerouted 38 to take over 238, downgrading existing 38 south of Bloomingburg to the county, but the District 6 website doesn't indicate they've done that.  Subsequently I crossed OH 38 just southwest of Bloomingburg and there was an OH 38 marker there. 

Update:  It appears OH 38 has indeed been rerouted as described previously.  Old 38, except at intersections with other state routes, still displays now-erroneous OH 38 markers.  I guess this is a case of ODOT saying "not my job" , as the road presumably is now the responsibility of Fayette County.

KG909

Quote from: PHLBOS on January 09, 2015, 09:15:54 AM
Quote from: KG909 on January 09, 2015, 01:07:07 AM
I know it's being used as a street name; but seeing Route 66 as destination/street just seems weird.
Yeah I think it's weird too, you don't really see that often.
~Fuccboi

1995hoo

The far left sign and the pull-thru Baltimore sign are new within the past few weeks. The "EXIT ONLY" banner on the leftmost sign is erroneous because the lane continues on through, splits off to the left to go around a flyover ramp, and rejoins the highway on the far left side.

This is a location where an APL sign might seemingly be useful, but it would have to be enormous to span the full width of the highway (I think there are seven lanes here) and the number of ramps might make it confusing for some people (two exits on each side of the highway). The right-most arrow on the "Washington" sign and the left-most arrow on the "Richmond" sign point to the same lane, for example, and that lane then becomes exit-only at the ramp to I-395 further down the road. Meanwhile, the lane under the left-most arrow on the "Washington" sign is an option lane that allows you to continue on towards Baltimore.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

hbelkins

Found a couple from Missouri while looking through a page of photos from a trip a few years ago.

And one from Kentucky from the same day.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

KG909

Should be California 210.
~Fuccboi

jbnv

Hammond, LA. Should have a "BUSINESS" banner. The actual US 51 is some distance to the west. Much of the 51 BUS route is signed as just "US 51." And that can cause navigational issues if you direct someone to "Business 51 instead of regular 51" to get to I-12. The business route interchanges with I-12; the actual route doesn't.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

hbelkins

Found three goodies from Virginia while looking at a page of pictures from a road trip several years ago. I know the first one is gone. It's from Grundy.

Yes, there is a US 211, but it ends at I-81 in New Market, to the east of this location. That should be a VA 211 marker.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alex

PHLBOS

Quote from: Alex on January 26, 2015, 09:18:06 PMU.S. 1 signed as Massachusetts 1 along MA 114 west.

That's probably the first time I've seen a stand-alone/trailblazer MA 1 shield.  Most of the erroneous MA 1 shields I've seen were on LGS' once posted along the stetch between Topsfield & Salisbury.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Zeffy

Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

KEK Inc.

Quote from: Zeffy on January 27, 2015, 07:58:01 PM
This is most definitely wrong:
https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=46.719707,-92.103961&spn=0.000003,0.001778&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=46.719707,-92.103961&panoid=6GCdt3TEw-dPb1wcA-t7CQ&cbp=12,32.77,,1,-3.46

Or maybe it's saying there's a 40 ton weight limit for I-535 which is the Blatnik Bridge..?

Probably.  Also, insert tasteless Green Bay insult here.
Take the road less traveled.

NE2

Quote from: KEK Inc. on January 29, 2015, 12:00:01 PM
Also, insert tasteless Green Bay insult here.
I don't get it.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Big John

Quote from: NE2 on January 29, 2015, 01:34:10 PM
Quote from: KEK Inc. on January 29, 2015, 12:00:01 PM
Also, insert tasteless Green Bay insult here. i get it
I don't get it.
i get it.    :-/  :angry:

It is from rival NFL team fans commenating about us being overwaight.

Alex

Found in Temple, Texas today by Jeff Royston.

NE2

I'd forgive them if Loop 363 were actually a loop through downtown. But it's a bypass loop.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.