Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Gas Station Fandom

<< < (13/14) > >>

wriddle082:

--- Quote from: Rick Powell on May 28, 2022, 12:25:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on May 24, 2022, 12:41:17 PM ---We're starting to see more Clark's Pump and Shop locations, but I know nothing about them.

--- End quote ---

Clark Oil was founded in the Milwaukee area during the Great Depression and their stations were common around the Chicago area during the 60s and 70s. They started disappearing but appear to be making a comeback via franchising.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Brands

--- End quote ---

Itís not the same company at all.  John Clark Oil Co. is a regional gas and diesel distributor based in Ashland, KY, and has long had a stranglehold on fuel prices of most of the gas stations in that area, with the exception of the Flying J in Cannonsburg near I-64 and the Pilot in Grayson near I-64, both of which tend to run a bit cheaper.  Anyway, one of the first Clark Pump N Stops opened in the early 80ís and is two blocks from my grandparentsí house, and their distribution hub is about a mile away from it.

XamotCGC:
When did gas stations start using digital displays for gas prices?

Scott5114:

--- Quote from: XamotCGC on May 28, 2022, 06:48:12 PM ---When did gas stations start using digital displays for gas prices?

--- End quote ---

Around here, the first ones started to appear sometime between 2005-2010.

vdeane:
I'm taking Fastrac off my preferred station list.  Scottsville has joined Marketplace in not having windshield washing fluid.  Since I can no longer clean my windshield at Fastrac, they no longer serve my needs, so I think I'll start using the nice Mobil station at Winton/Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road (formerly Speedway) until Byrne Dairy has some more locations in the Rochester area.

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: wriddle082 on May 28, 2022, 02:10:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rick Powell on May 28, 2022, 12:25:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on May 24, 2022, 12:41:17 PM ---We're starting to see more Clark's Pump and Shop locations, but I know nothing about them.

--- End quote ---

Clark Oil was founded in the Milwaukee area during the Great Depression and their stations were common around the Chicago area during the 60s and 70s. They started disappearing but appear to be making a comeback via franchising.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Brands

--- End quote ---

Itís not the same company at all.  John Clark Oil Co. is a regional gas and diesel distributor based in Ashland, KY, and has long had a stranglehold on fuel prices of most of the gas stations in that area, with the exception of the Flying J in Cannonsburg near I-64 and the Pilot in Grayson near I-64, both of which tend to run a bit cheaper.  Anyway, one of the first Clark Pump N Stops opened in the early 80ís and is two blocks from my grandparentsí house, and their distribution hub is about a mile away from it.

--- End quote ---

Even moreso than SuperAmerica/Speedway?

Given that KY 7 is my route of choice to reach I-64 if I'm going somewhere that involves traveling through the Huntington area, I'm grateful for that Pilot in Grayson. They keep gas prices in check there. I'll often gas up there if heading north or northeast, and stop at the Speedway across the road on my way home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version