News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads Page Updates

Started by Alex, January 19, 2009, 08:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssummers72

Alex,

Where do you need WB coverage, I'll takes the pics and send them to you.

Stephen

Alex

Quote from: ssummers72 on November 12, 2011, 10:23:15 AM
Alex,

Where do you need WB coverage, I'll takes the pics and send them to you.

Stephen

My westbound coverage of the Borman is limited to 2005 photos from the Toll Road to SR 912, when much of the road was under construction. The photos I have from SR 912 west to the IL line at least show the road post-construction through there (2008).

For eastbound, I need updated photos of Exits 11-13, as the 2010 images still show barriers and one sign bridge with a construction-based sign: https://www.aaroads.com/midwest/indiana080/i-080_094_eb_exit_012_03.jpg

Any help you can give is much appreciated!

tdindy88

If your interested, I have plenty of pictures of other Indiana highways that you may not have time to visit. With what you mentioned about I-69, I travel the stretch from Indy toward Marion quite often, so I can supply pics of any of the signage going south. As well, I have a decent set of pictures (primarly BGSs, shields, and mileage signs) for the US 20/31 Bypass around South Bend and Elkhart in both directions, US 31 throughout Northern Indiana from Kokomo northward to South Bend, SR 37 from Indianapolis to Bedford, US 41 from roughly Kentland south all the way to Evansville, and the Muncie Bypass (SRs 3, 67, and US 35, mostly freeway-like) in both directions. And, anywhere in Indianapolis that may not be covered. I'd love to see more coverage for the Hoosier State and would love to contribute what I have to cover some of these non-interstate routes that you or whoever may not necesarily touch.

Alex

Quote from: tdindy88 on November 12, 2011, 08:44:16 PM
If your interested, I have plenty of pictures of other Indiana highways that you may not have time to visit. With what you mentioned about I-69, I travel the stretch from Indy toward Marion quite often, so I can supply pics of any of the signage going south. As well, I have a decent set of pictures (primarly BGSs, shields, and mileage signs) for the US 20/31 Bypass around South Bend and Elkhart in both directions, US 31 throughout Northern Indiana from Kokomo northward to South Bend, SR 37 from Indianapolis to Bedford, US 41 from roughly Kentland south all the way to Evansville, and the Muncie Bypass (SRs 3, 67, and US 35, mostly freeway-like) in both directions. And, anywhere in Indianapolis that may not be covered. I'd love to see more coverage for the Hoosier State and would love to contribute what I have to cover some of these non-interstate routes that you or whoever may not necesarily touch.

Am definitely interested in seeing what you have and in expanding the Indiana guides beyond just the Interstates. I will shoot you an email in a moment.

Thanks!

Alex

Worked this week on a new map for the Birmingham area in ARC. I swapped out the 2002 map .gif for a new Zoomify map on the I-459 and Birmingham focus pages this afternoon. Will be replacing some other area maps and updating pages on all Interstates and perhaps a variety of other highways in Jefferson and Shelby Counties. Included on the map is the projected path of the North Beltline (I-422) as viewed on http://aldotapps.dot.state.al.us/BNB/docs/Summary_TechStudyDocument_NorthernBeltline.pdf (linked from http://aldotapps.dot.state.al.us/BNB/)

Also have some Indiana updates forthcoming with photos sent by tdindy88 of State Road 37.

D-Dey65

Quote from: flaroads on November 11, 2011, 11:49:50 PM
Having never actually taken that particular exit, I was unaware of how it is actually signed. I should have remembered that there was something wrong with the signage because in all my travels up and down I-75 I would notice the sign blade on the actual bridge indicated CR 476B, not CR 476, and wonder why that was. Come to think of it, I honestly think that Exit 309 might be the only exit along I-75 in Florida I have never used.

Well, just so you know, when you actually leave the northbound off-ramp, you encounter a sign like this:

It's a big goof, because Sumter CR 673 runs east and west, and Sumter CR 476B runs north and south. But when I told FDOT about this error, they said they were keeping it that way just because even-numbered routes are supposed to be east and west and odd-numbered routes are supposed to run north and south. They chose standards over accuracy, just like Wikipedia likes to do.

Alex

Capped off a week long series of updates for Interstate 65 southbound from the Tennessee state line to the Escambia County line (tying in with an earlier update from this year). Most photos were taken either on the way from Michigan last month, or from a trip back from Iowa via Future I-22 to I-65 south from Fultondale. The northbound guides between Montgomery and I-20/59 were updated to include photos from the way up from Michigan as well, and a few new images were added to the main I-65 guide.

Also have added some new coverage in Indiana courtesy of tdindy88 for IN-49 and IN-641. Thomas has also provided coverage of the Muncie Bypass, I-94 (east of the Borman) and the Lloyd Expressway in Evansville that will be added soon. His material for Indiana 37 was posted on November 30.

Lastly flaroads posted some updated photos of I-85 northbound in Alabama ahead of Exits 11 and 16 showing the newly signed overlap with U.S. 80.

Alex

A number of new pages and updates for Indiana this month:

Indianapolis - focus page written by tdindy88, map created by me. Will have some photos for the bottom of the page in future updates.
Interstate 64 - every westbound exit, eastbound photos between Exits 25-29 and 118 and the Ohio River.
Interstate 65 - all coverage from AARoads and tdindy88 is up, covering all northbound exits from Seymour to Gary and southbound through Indianapolis to Franklin.
Interstate 70 - updated westbound from Exit 96 to I-465 and from downtown to I-74/465

New pages for Indy area roads courtesy of tdindy88 covering Keystone Parkway, Shadeland Avenue, and Weir Cook Drive.

Still in the queue, updates for I-69, I-70 east, I-80/90, new pages for I-74, I-164, I-469 and an assortment of US and State Roads.

Henry

It would be great if you could pay an homage to my hometown by covering more of the Chicagoland expressways and tollways!

Also, will you return to the US 40 freeway in Baltimore (old I-170) to take photos of the completely remade western end? This would make a great before/after comparison section, like the BGS/sign bridge makeover on I-95 and I-395.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

tdindy88

Well, if nothing else, I do have some pictures, if Alex doesn't, of most of the Dan Ryan northbound, Eisenhower and Stevenson westbound, Kennedy eastbound and parts of I-55, I-80, and the Tri-State, if that would help any.

Alex

Quote from: Henry on January 13, 2012, 11:02:46 AM
It would be great if you could pay an homage to my hometown by covering more of the Chicagoland expressways and tollways!

Also, will you return to the US 40 freeway in Baltimore (old I-170) to take photos of the completely remade western end? This would make a great before/after comparison section, like the BGS/sign bridge makeover on I-95 and I-395.

Andy was going to start working on Chicago area stuff (we certainly have a ton of photos from 2005 to 2011), but he is too busy with non website things. So that work will be postponed for at least another year. I have my hands full with Indiana for now, and would rather Andy work on the Chicago area stuff given that he grew up there.

And I would love to update the I-170/US 40 guide in Baltimore showing the changed west end of the freeway. But until I get back there personally (maybe in the summer?), nothing will get updated.

Alex

Added photos of I-74 (all westbound), I-80/90 (eastbound I-94 to OH) and I-275 (new southbound) this week, leaving just I-69, I-164 and I-469 left to go through and post from Indiana. A couple of other updates added for SR 37 (coverage between Mitchell through Bedford) and a new page for SR 63.

agentsteel53

any photos of the state-shape IN-37 shields in Bloomington?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

nds76

Would love to see lots of signage pics from the following Illinois counties, Clay, Richland, and Effingham.

tdindy88

Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 20, 2012, 04:59:56 PM

I do have that picture, I believe I sent the photo over with a few IN 37 scenes into the IN 37 folder Alex.

Alex

Quote from: tdindy88 on January 22, 2012, 11:31:07 PM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 20, 2012, 04:59:56 PM

I do have that picture, I believe I sent the photo over with a few IN 37 scenes into the IN 37 folder Alex.

Did not see a state-outline SR 37 shield in either of the batches. Probably because they are not associated with the state road mainline?

agentsteel53

Quote from: Alex on January 23, 2012, 11:17:41 AM

Did not see a state-outline SR 37 shield in either of the batches. Probably because they are not associated with the state road mainline?

I believe Jeff Royston has also photographed them.  it would be cool to add them to the information page, even if just as a quirk. 

I need to add them to the shield gallery!  them and about 3478019 other pictures.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

tdindy88

Quote from: Alex on January 23, 2012, 11:17:41 AM

I'll send them back over, I had about seven pictures with scenes partaining to SR 37 at the state-outlined shield is among them.

quote fix

Alex

Interstate 278 New York

An overhaul of the eastbound pages and new pages for westbound, thanks in part to some excellent contributions from PennDOTFan.

Alex

All over the place this week with updates...  :coffee:

Finally got Carter's photos of TN-71 and 158 posted, and through some newspaper archives, added historical information on the James White Parkway in Knoxville on both guides.

Updated all of my northbound coverage of I-81 from Bristol to Wytheville earlier this week, added new content for southbound covering the merge with I-77 and I-81 south through to the Smythe County line.

Continuing with updates for the NYC area, I added photos for I-78 (Holland Tunnel) (mainly an update of existing eastbound coverage) and northbound I-478. Also converted I-678 and NY-878/I-878 to the new format, and tweaked captions, but have no new photos taken of either road since I updated them in 2005/06.

Alex

Shifted to adding new content in the St. Louis area in preparation for a potential trip up that way (which may be placed on hold...).

Added new pages for I-255 (covering everything northbound from a gray day with snow showers in the area), I-55/70 south (every exit), I-55/70 north (through to Exit 4), I-64 east (from the PSB east to Mount Vernon; I will add I-57/64 south soon), I-270 east (from I-255 to I-55).

Will add I-70 westbound material leading into I-55/70 (and probably just add everything from that 2004 cross country trip to tie it in with the Indiana material) and create pages for I-55 north to at least Springfield and southbound to compliment that. After all of that is said and done, I'll create a Missouri template and go through our 2004, 2009 and small amount of 2011 photos to create some pages for that side of the Mississippi.

Brent has added I-75 southbound coverage throughout Hillsborough and Manatee Counties in Florida as well.

Alex

Finished adding everything we had for Interstate 64 in Illinois, including both directions of the Interstate 57 overlap through Mount Vernon. Added a few I-57 photos leading into the overlap from both directions to get coverage of that route started.

Brent has continued I-75 southbound coverage in Florida through Sarasota County.

FLRoads

I have Charlotte County southbound coverage done now. Lee County will be the last county to add photos, then it will be on to complete northbound.

FLRoads

Lee County coverage is finally up. Now one can click from the Georgia state line southward all the way to Naples with full coverage of Interstate 75 southbound.

FLRoads

Added some more coverage to I-75 southbound in Collier County this morning completing it to the Broward County line. Then decided to move up to Wisconsin and created an Interstate 43 guide for northbound between Beloit and the I-894 interchange in Milwaukee (Greenfield if one wants to be technical).

Alex also updated Interstate 24 east coverage in Tennessee between the merge with I-40 and Tennessee 840.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.